World Spirit Study Group Justice (11)

Seed Crystal

A blindfolded woman rests her hands on the hilt of a sword in a great hall. The vaulted ceiling has white and black sections each decorated with numerous small stars. A morning or late afternoon sun can just be seen through the arched window behind her. She stands waiting between light and dark pillars on which rest a set of scales and a blazing book. The floor is marked by three overlapping elipses.

Justice makes unbiased decisions, is dispassionate about any arguments or excuses, inexorable; responsibility for actions in inescapable; that which you sow, you shall reap, times three.

flowergrrl

I wonder what the significance of the electrons (or neutrons...high school science is a sheer memory for me) is?

Also, a winding ivy plant seems to crawl up the pedestal the book is on. A flame is doing the same to the other one.

Seed Crystal

flowergrrl said:
I wonder what the significance of the electrons (or neutrons...high school science is a sheer memory for me) is?

What does it make you think of?

flowergrrl said:
Also, a winding ivy plant seems to crawl up the pedestal the book is on. A flame is doing the same to the other one.

RedMaple

Electron Karma

For me, it is as if she is standing at the very center of the atom, that justice is inherent in the very structure of subatomic particles.

I was going to say I don't like her being blind-folded, but at the sub-atomic level, certainly, different senses would have to be used.

The sun and stars are all huge nuclear reactors, so to me it seems that the inherent justice or karma embedded in the atom also permeates the universe.

We are all made of star-stuff, so....we are part of this cosmic justice also.

The fire and plants coiling up the pillars, for me brings up the idea that
the sun's fire fuels all the life on our planet, and the plants hold that fire as fuel and food. So the sun and stars and plants all take part in the cycle of justice.

This kind of karmic justice is much deeper than a law-based human justice.

flowergrrl

Seed Crystal said:
What does it make you think of?

Pure energy and she's is the middle of it. It's like she's the center of it. Controls it. Uses it to help clear her mind so she can make the right decision.

But I've been wrong before.:)

flowergrrl

RedMaple said:
I was going to say I don't like her being blind-folded, but at the sub-atomic level, certainly, different senses would have to be used.

Yep. Who needs eyes when you can see with the soul?