OMG! Key To The Kingdom reprint!!

darwinia

Goethe Transformation Playing Cards

I just received these today from Somerville. I am very keen to work with them in association with the Key to the Kingdom deck. I particularly found the Clubs suit interesting and inventive, which seems to compare well to the online scans I've seen of the Club cards in the Key deck.

The artwork is wonderful if you like old etchings and lithographs and I really think it's going to be a great working buddy to the Key deck for clarification and fun associations.

Ruby7

I just picked up The Key to the Kingdom set at Chapters for $4.99 CDN (regular price of $32.95)

Ruby7

Annabelle

Ruby!! Thank you so much for posting about this! I've had my eye on the Key to the Kingdom deck for ages and ages, but didn't want to pay full price (or even the Amazon price) . . . but I just placed my order with Chapters online :). Even with shipping to the U.S., it's still a fabulous bargain!

6 Haunted Days

I got this deck/book about 2 months ago. I've wanted it for ages and I walked into a local bookstore and the owner knows I love and collect tarot and cards. She holds this up and asks what I think about it. :D Needless to say I snatched it up. She had just taken it from the shipping box lol. She said it was the fastest sell ever.

The art and rhymes are breathtaking, I love just looking through the cards...stunning!

Ruby Red Slippers

Thanks for sharing the info – another deck in my Wish List que….

Know this is not a transformational deck but – wanted to share this deck in case others have an interest, like mine to collect interesting art work on cards.

This is a lovely deck to be read, played with or just looked at….

http://www.nomonet.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=C4S-R

RRS

Bernice

I got this deck last year from an online 'green' shop - sells all energy saving and gardening stuff. Only reason they had the deck is that the author/artist lives there, in Stroud, England. And it was cheaper than anywhere else!

Beautiful imaginative images. However they don't have much 'slip' for shuffling which is a great shame.

Has anyone started creating meanings for them, aside from the rhymes?

RUBY: You're collecting unusual decks, have you seen the Free Iceberg City deck at Sommervilles? It's really unusual - commemorates the time an enormous iceberg drifted close to land and the people built houses and factories on it - killed it in the end - it melted.

Bee

Bernice

The Key to the Kingdom

I got the cards out again to see if I could do anything to make them easier to shuffle, the coating/varnish is not only very thin, it also has no 'slip'. I'm trying to buff 'em up....

Just in case the reprint that's being talked about is from Running Press, make sure to check that the printing isn't being done in China before spending cash on a deck that you can't shuffle.

Bee.

Ruby Red Slippers

Bernice - this problem was discussed in another thread where they talked about powder available at magic shops to sprinkle on cards which makes shuffling easier.
I'm off to work now or I would look around for you - see what goggle has to say....

6 Haunted Days

Bernice said:
I got the cards out again to see if I could do anything to make them easier to shuffle, the coating/varnish is not only very thin, it also has no 'slip'. I'm trying to buff 'em up....

Just in case the reprint that's being talked about is from Running Press, make sure to check that the printing isn't being done in China before spending cash on a deck that you can't shuffle.

Bee.

My cards are fine, they shuffle great...the lamination is a more matte but not non-existant. They're from Running Press too. Perhaps you have a bad batch.

Oh, and it's called fanning powder.

Bernice

6 Haunted Days Quote: Oh, and it's called fanning powder.

Many thanks... will look out for some. The buffing improved them slightly, but I'll need the fanning powder to make them properly usable. Not happy I've got a bad set.......

LATER: Got some powder, did the business. Now I can 'riffle' them OK. But they still 'stick' when giving them an ordinary shuffle - such a pity, lovely images.

Very disappointed.

Bee