Readings/groups via facebook

214red

Hi
Does anyone do readings via facebook or advertise using groups etc to promote themselves and their readings?

Nik

Lilija

The only reading I do by FB are the non-paid type. Sometimes I get bored, and offer a three card spread to the next 10 people that message me, or other things along those lines. I do it when I have an evening to kill, and want to spend it with the cards.

It's actually drummed up some face to face paid business among distant friends and acquaintances.

I've never thought of going through groups, but that might be a good idea.

214red

Am thinking about helping a friend promote themselves on FB

Grizabella

Well, one tip I can give is that I find it annoying when someone asks to befriend me who is just trying to drum up business for their Tarot reading business. I don't buy readings----can't afford the expense----and anyone who knows me knows that so having them just befriend me to get business for themselves seems not only kind of rude but also like they're taking advantage of other people's facebook to spam everyone else. That's my two cents on using Facebook to get business. I wouldn't do that to someone else so I don't like having it done to me and I've stopped adding those people as friends if that seems like their obvious only reason for adding me.

If you're in the business of reading, put it into your profile or something and leave it at that but don't spam the rest of the Facebook world with it. I'm sure there are many other people who feel the same way I do. We're bombarded with spammy stuff all over the internet, every which way we turn, we don't need it on Facebook, too, more than is already there along the sides.

That's my personal feeling about it, but my professional feeling is the same. I wouldn't do it other than putting it into my profile. There are few places where people can just socialize with their friends and peers. Here is one and Facebook should be another one.

pasara

You can get a business facebook account that separates personal and professional activity on facebook. You can use the FB search and see that there are many many Tarot groups/pages. You can then see what others are doing and what the response is by checking out some of them.

franniee

I announce my classes or my live readings or whatever I am doing on FB - I also offer free readings when the mood hits me.

Shimure

I post pictures of the events which i go to and the meetups which i organise on facebook.

But i do not like to do online readings.....