Has tarot replaced communication...

moderndayruth

Marina said:
The other is a mystery. That's my opinion. When my mother asks me how can i let my boyfriend be so carefree - that means giving him room to cheat on me - i tell her that he's a mystery, but i trust him. But if he really wants to cheat on me, he will do so, no matter what i do. Because i don't control him, nor his thoughts, nor his actions. I can't be a 100% sure that he won't betray me, i can only trust that he won't and don't give him reasons to.
In my experience, that's the right attitude.

Marina said:
Third-party questions encourage people to be passive.
That's my main problem with those, because they are dis-empowering. "Does he like me?" Maybe the right question is "how to accept both, my qualities and my not-so-good sides?" Not everyone will like us and God forbid they will - something would be terribly wrong there. I believe behind those questions is insecurity and lack of either of belief or of self confidence or both. And its not about being right or wrong, its about giving someone a fish for lunch, versus teaching them to fish. (I see myself as a student too, please don't get me wrong here.)

214red

Marina said:
The other is a mystery. That's my opinion. When my mother asks me how can i let my boyfriend be so carefree - that means giving him room to cheat on me - i tell her that he's a mystery, but i trust him. But if he really wants to cheat on me, he will do so, no matter what i do. Because i don't control him, nor his thoughts, nor his actions. I can't be a 100% sure that he won't betray me, i can only trust that he won't and don't give him reasons to.

And you are right about the victim mentality implied in such questions. There people put themselves in a position in which the world revolves around them while they remain still in the middle. That's not how it works. If you want something, you gotta face your fears, get up and do it. Third-party questions encourage people to be passive.

this makes complete sense, why doubt someone when they havent done anything yet? at the end of the day whatever happens you lived it and experienced it, and will grow as a person...and you wont have spent ages pulling your hair out. we cant control other people , we can only control ourselves and our behaviour.

i get disconcerted as a part feminist that women are posting readings like 'how can i become the person he wants' ....

sometimes you simply have to suck it up...:)

214red

moderndayruth said:
"Does he like me?"
this question i sometimes throw cards out for, however i am venus in leo i really think everyone fancies me so if a card said he didnt i would toss it...lol

moderndayruth

214red said:
lazy cow!!:)
Exactly! :D

214red said:
i do have to admit to hearing my phone go off, and since i had my cardsi flung one out to see if i should bother to go upstairs and answer my phone...
That's called practice. ;)
gregory said:
And were the cards right ?
Yes, of course! :D

gregory said:
And did it matter ?? ;)
Certainly, because otherwise i'd have to cook my owl lunch and i don't feel like it today! })
ETA for typo:that's -my *own*lunch of course lol

olivia1

214red said:
if something is a turn off for someone, why do you think its okay to ask the cards that question? isnt it pushy and rude gaining information using tarot that you wouldnt gain another way?

in my opinion, absolutely not. in the example I used above, if I contacted her again I'm sure my chances at the company would be pretty much shot ... not just for the position in question but for any future ones. In business there is a very fine line between assertiveness and being aggressive. Asking a business contact (one you barely know) why they aren't responding to your emails is aggressive. It could come off as demanding or maybe even confrontational. And if I come across like that, not only would I be embarrassing myself but I'd also be embarrassing the person who put me in contact with my contact. As for the rest of the people, I can't answer for them since I don't know their whole situation but I can somewhat sympathize for some of them (based on the limited information some people have given on here).

I have been in situations myself where I met someone I was attracted to and immediately wished I would have known what they thought of me. I didn't know how to read tarot at the time, but if I had, I would have asked the cards. But its just because I know personally if someone I met just asked me how I felt about them, I'd be pretty uncomfortable.

I'd think they were coming on too strong and I'd tell them something like "I dont know, I just met you" or "what do you think?" Not because I particularly care if they knew how I felt but more so because I'd be uncomfortable that they could be so forward with someone they just met.I'd feel as if they were overbearing and were rushing me to make a decision about them and where I wanted things to go between us. And that would cause me to shut down.

i am not attacking you, i am just wondering if we think that tarot can bypass our morals, principles etc just because people cant tell we are doing it? should we still play these to tarot?

well, its like what other threads have said before: it comes down to how you feel about doing third party readings. I don't think doing a third party reading is immoral so I don't feel like I'm bypassing any moral principals. I feel when I do third party readings, it's pretty much just speculating anyway. Now if I really knew that what I drew were 100% without a doubt accurate, maybe I'd feel differently about doing them. When it comes to third party readings, I actually worry more about the sitter than the person in question because the sitter is putting themselves in a position that makes them vulnerable to misleading themselves into believing something that could possibly be so far off from the truth.

edited: spelling/punctuation use

Umbrae

Marina said:
I already ranted enough here in the forum on why i don't do third-party reading, and had enough rotten tomatoes thrown at me so i'd rather not go down this road again. But i do agree that people are becoming more and more fearful of experiencing, without realizing that both the good and bad experiences are important in our lives.
gregory said:
You did ? I wish I'd been there - I feel JUST as you do !
That makes three of us. And Sorry Gregory – but you were there.

The amount of posts on intrusive third party readings is legion. And those of us who rail against them carry the splatters of thrown veggies on our garments.

When we use Tarot to spy on Miley Cyrus (“it’s okay, she’s famous”), we’ve made a statement about ourselves. It’s not a good one.

If you spy on others, don’t get your panties in a tizzy when they spy on you.
moderndayruth said:
…but i wonder, given that we have around all these presumably super-powerful-mind-readers, how come they haven't made their first million yet? Why do they complain about being sick and broke, if they have access to other people's minds and thus can read all the info they need for their own progress and betterment?
Here’s a wheelbarrow to move them balls around.

I agree. But them “I spy if I choose and I’m 100% accurate” folks don’t stick around long do they…

The problem is the damage they do before they ‘leave’ (especially to the newbz). And - they are usally the first to throw trash at those who speak otherwise.

moderndayruth

214red said:
this question i sometimes throw cards out for, however i am venus in leo i really think everyone fancies me so if a card said he didnt i would toss it...lol
I am Venus in Cancer, so i guess i also simply wouldn't take NO for an answer! :p

gregory

Umbrae said:
That makes three of us. And Sorry Gregory – but you were there.
I was ? OK - when was this. My sig on another forum is "I do have a memory. It just doesn't work." Clearly....

214red

moderndayruth said:
I am Venus in Cancer, so i guess i also simply wouldn't take NO for an answer! :p
thing is i am a mars in virgo so i would find a reason not to like them after awhile...lol

moderndayruth

Umbrae said:
If you spy on others, don’t get your panties in a tizzy when they spy on you.
What goes around, comes around...

Umbrae said:
“I spy if I choose and I’m 100% accurate”
:laugh:

214red said:
thing is i am a mars in virgo so i would find a reason not to like them after awhile...lol
Mars in Scorpio here... you don't wanna know! :p