an infallible method to reveal the name of a future husband, wife, or partner...

Sophie

Yes, Starry! :D

MDR - so did I...until I remembered it today and had a peek. Really weird. And you had better start hanging around the Moscow General Headquarters to meet a man called Yuri...;)

prudence

Sophie said:
They say many a true word is spoken in jest. This can sometimes be literal. I've just remembered this thread. On August 8th 2010 I wrote this:

Then the next day, on next day, 9th of August I wrote this:

The following day, I met a man called Joe.

I am marrying him on the 30th April. Small significant detail I found out in the months after we met: he uses a lot of Q-Tips.

Not sure whether to laugh or stretch my eyes in astonishment - both I think!
Enrique is a genius!! Congratulations Sophie and Joe!!

Eyebright

Wow thats amazing Sophie! What a fabulous story! :D

Sophie

Thanks, Prudence! Yes, Enrique IS a genius :D

Isn't it, Eyebright? Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. That's one for the grandchildren :p

moderndayruth

Sophie said:
That's one for the grandchildren :p

:D :thumbsup:

* googling Yuri HQ or something* :p

haleyw

Fabulous Sophie! Really happy for you :D

I will defo be giving this a try tomorrow :)

Sophie

MDR...or maybe it's spelt 'Juri'... a common Estonian name, equivalent to the Russian Yuri (possibly all spelt the same in Cyrillic, come to think of it?).

Thank you, Haley. It's always worth a try... but remember I did it in jest, and it turned out the joke was on me :laugh:

moderndayruth

Sophie said:
MDR...or maybe it's spelt 'Juri'... a common Estonian name, equivalent to the Russian Yuri (possibly all spelt the same in Cyrillic, come to think of it?).
Ok...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juri

Found some politician, bit younger than me, but married and not my type anyway... :p

There aren't that many of them, especially if you exclude those who aren't among the living anymore and those who were born like 1990. (females also) so this one should be a piece of cake! })

Sophie

LOL MDR - are you looking for your husband on Wikipedia? :laugh:

moderndayruth

Sophie said:
LOL MDR - are you looking for your husband on Wikipedia? :laugh:

Where else? :confused:

If seriously, it can't be applied to Russian alphabet, its Юрий or Юра. ;)