King of Pentacles

Robin

I'm very confused about the King of Pentacles fey and most court feys. are there any thoughts on this fey? I feel blank when looking at this card.

Laelyan

Hmm .... yes .... he seems a serious fellow, doesn't he? When I see him, I cannot help but notice that his eyes are to the side, not really focused on the path ahead of him. And I think of that TV show "Scrubs", and whenever the main character JD is thinking something, he always looks to the side, never at the person or thing that he was concentrating on? This Fey is thinking, but it doesn't seem in a good way, does it? He's frowning a little bit. He doesn't seem to notice the vast city behind him in his worrying.

One way that Minetti describes this Fey is "dedicated to a life of success", not just for himself but for everyone around him. And you can see from him clothes that personal success does not mean beautiful robes. He is still powerful, but not by being adorned with jewels and robes. He has shared this wealth. The city behind him is vast and beautiful.

What concerns me is the fact that he IS still worrying, ya know? What is the price of success? Is it to be constantly striving for the next thing? If it is, look at what it has done to this Fey. His face seems so hard, so drawn (pardon the pun).

Maybe it can be seen as success is a good thing, a wondrous thing, that can be shared with everyone around you to make everyone happy, but it still warns that success, especially material, can take a lifetime to fully attain, even if you do attain in by your own standards. And if it takes a lifetime to attain, is it worth the cost?

Just random thoughts, Robin. Please collect your sanity at the back of the classroom on the way out! ;)

Fulgour

What path has led the Fey we see to his position now as
King of Pentacles? If we look at the Knight, we see him
astride the fluffy bunny, off to discover new adventures.

But the Knight does glance toward an ominous castle-like
building, away down another road, not at all the road the
Knight seems to be taking....

Did the Knight forsake his heart and turn to discover
what secrets the shadow castle had to offer, and has
he since been made the King, no longer free to roam?

Robin

very helpful insights

Looking at this card even further I see the sun in the pentacle in the background. I looked up the Sun card in Minetti's book and it said although the sun is positive"too much light is not good". It's like this sun pentacle is burning down on this King and it may be overwhelming. Like you said Laelyan, his worrying really confused me. your thoughts helped clear my thinking. Fulgour, looking at the knight and king the way you did really helped.
Thanks so much,
Robin

Fulgour

My keywords for The King of Pentacles are:

"Safeguarding the Material Foundations"
Perseverance, Endurance, Dependability,
Ownership, Sensuality... Springtime

Some of this can be seen in the Fey King, but oh,
where is the verdant splendour, the lush greens?

fluffy

Yes i would just also like to say thanks for your views. This has made him much clearer for me. I sometimes look at the colour in the card and think it would have been more suited to a wands court card than pentacles, but thinking about him striving to gain his success and the sun burning down on him has made it clearer for me.

Fluffy
xx

lunalafey

fluffy said:
Yes i would just also like to say thanks for your views. This has made him much clearer for me. I sometimes look at the colour in the card and think it would have been more suited to a wands court card than pentacles, but thinking about him striving to gain his success and the sun burning down on him has made it clearer for me.

Fluffy
xx

Suited as Wands, as in Fire. The King of Pentacles is more like Fire than Earth.
I take this into consideration. When I first got the Fey, I found that they really don't stick to much to the elements generally associated with the suits, but used several at time sometimes.
A tempering of elements.
I tend to go with the feel of the cards character, but I do keep in mind the traditional element of the suit.
The King of Pentacles is very much like the Aries Emperor {rws} He's a superb leader and knows how to get a job done. He is determined and strong, and will not faulter in the face of danger. A very good quality for people to have in a ruler.

snowy25

The eyes of the king of pentacles

Laelyan posted:

>Hmm .... yes .... he seems a serious fellow, doesn't he? When I see him, I cannot help but notice that his eyes are to the side, not really focused on the path ahead of him.<

My take on the eyes of the king of pentacles is the mixed feelings that comes with responsebility.
I see this in his eyes.
He is responeble for the bussines in this city.

He is responseble for the things to be seen on the backgraund of this card.
I imagine him wondering from place to place dealing with problems and looking for sollusions many of the other fey creatures don't even notice in their every day life.
He is responseble, in my oppinion,

- for the garden, as a farmer.
- for his children and wife as a father.
- for his emploirers as a boss or chief.

This task is different then that of the fey's (translated people in real life situations) who work for him or stand in his household.
The problems of other people are his to consider about in this way.
He has to take care of things when others, not all, don't know the least of his tasks.
I imagine him as the person others think of as "He's the one to ask for a rais" "He's the one who should make the situation better" "He should be doing so and so because nothing is done jet and I see a problem wile he doesn't"

I hope this helps out in the matter to see the lonely side and the responeseble side of this card.

Greets

Snowy25

fluffy

tempering the elements

Lunafey thanks for the link to your thread regarding suits and there corresponding elements. I always just assume that fire means wands, but i can see that with the fey I am going to have to do a lot more work before i fully appreciate the suits and their many elements. However, the King of Pents is now becoming much clearer to me.

Love fluffy
x

Skydancer

I agree here that the colors go more with wands (fire) -- but what do you make of his face being in light, the sun-pentacle being behind him, and the town in monotone - black and white??

He seems determinded, yes, but aloof; perhaps leadership in earthly matters has taken something away from him. He's paid the price to live out his role.

*S*