How do you journal your tarot?

robotic

I just journal about very important readings, such as relationship readings, so I can look back on them to see what has happened. I make sure I detail which spread I used and write down explictly each card I drew. Sometimes I find that I draw cards that don't make any sense in a reading at the time, but later when I draw upon a certain reading, I find that it does make sense.

geministar

I have a few journals. I have one where I note my daily draws and readings for myself. I have one where I write out readings I do for other people, then I have another one specific to my fairy decks. I also have one more where I records my thoughts on cards and do my studies with workbooks.

The only one I write in every day is my daily draws where I also write about my day.

hitchhiker72

Omnioutliner

I use a wonderful little software program called OmniOutliner. I'm not sure if it's available for Windows PCs, as I use it on a Mac, but it's great. It's like a list maker which you can manipulate the columns and hierarchies of list items. A bit like a spreadsheet but niftier.

I have a different file for a different type of reading. So one for 'Daily draw' - which i find most useful as I can see trends at a glance on one page - and one for 'Career reading' and so on. With the spreads I use 5 columns: (1) Position, (2) Card drawn, (3) Suit, (4) Reversed or not, (5) notes. I can make the rows and columns as large or small as I want. I find I can have all the different files in one folder and do a search if I need to find something specific.

And it's really useful for shopping lists, gardening schedules (I've one of what to plant when), and simple budgeting. But by far my most frequent use is for tarot journaling! :p

TheBip

Ive got a lovely little unlined journal that I copy spreads in. As for readings, I just jot em down on whatever paper happens to be handy at the time *lol* But Im planning on going back to the bookstore and picking up another of those journals for personal readings (theyve got em in different colors :) my current one is a diamond pattern, and its mostly a lovely sea green color)

robinchun

Where do you, especially Sharpchick, find the time??

Robin

Anyankah

Yesterday I bought myself a new journal to be an index to the tarot in my regular journal. My plan is to make a page for every card, and then list everywhere that card appears in my journal, coded for what kind of appearance:
  • D Daily card
  • R in a Reading
  • E Exploration of meaning or significance
  • T Tangential mention
I haven't decided if I want to also copy just the questions and the lay of the cards of readings into it.

Grizabella

Reading all this has made me too tired to start a journal. :p

I'm totally amazed that some of you have time to do anything else besides journal. I'm lucky to have the time and energy to even make one journal. In fact, if I wasn't compulsive about using the cards everywhere I go in every spare moment, I probably wouldn't have time for those, either.

Once I get moved, (did I tell you all I'm moving?) I think I'm going to discipline myself to setting aside an hour a day to journal. Mine will probably be an all-in-one journal, but I'll have a wonderful lounge set out under some big trees in the yard where I can go and just journal in peace, so I'll let you know how I do. :)

Apocalipstick

Lyric said:
Reading all this has made me too tired to start a journal. :p
Hear, hear!

Keeping a journal is so time-consuming.

So here's a question. Do any of you intense journalers ever go back and read what you wrote?

MercyMe

I do it online. On my blog: 78 Notes To Self. :) It has been the only method that has worked for me. I don't tend to record readings as much as just my thoughts and impressions and research on the cards themselves.

The crowned one

Mine is broken into sections, but randomly. I write down thoughts on the "ORIGIN" of the cards, or theories that grab my fancy, like the cards being brought back by the crusaders from the East based on Ardhanari...I have a "READING" section, based on things I would like to incorporate into my readings or idea's I would like to take into account as I read. I have a short-hand "LOG" that I use sporadicly at best..here is an example of a log :" March 19 2007 E&T mov'ng to Island 2sw 4c devil..looks bad holding back look into self, afraid to." I might have 2 logs, a origin and 3 readings on one page then 4 origins on the next, very disorganized on paper it is. I use it for thoughts and ideas.