The WildWood Tarot - Stand Alone/Individual Deck/Positive Reviews

VanillaLatte

I may have missed it somewhere, but does the deck come with a tarot bag? Thanks!

VanillaLatte

Aha! A reason to source for a new bag!

HuskyChariot

I noticed 2 interesting details about the Hooded Man card that I would like to point out but first I would like to check and see if anyone else has noticed a few things which no other Hermit card as far as I know has ever illustrated....(hint: they are really sweet....thus unexpected in this card..but so perfect....)

He has holly on his robe! And he seems to be looking at the little bird, a wren or a sparrow ( I'm a southern hemisphere girl :) ), he's usually staring outwards and beyond. There is also a Christmas wreath hung above the little wooden door in the background. I haven't thought much about the meaning of this yet as I just sat down to read this thread after "rediscovering" this deck a couple of days ago... your post struck me so I ran to look at the card :)

I bought this deck when it was first published because I am drawn to the woods and forests of the northern hemisphere, must be a past life thing, I am very drawn to Canada. However, I think my first impressions were coloured by the mainly negative feedback it received here, so it sat unstudied until now.

It just called me the other night and I have spent the last few days trimming off three borders to keep the titles (my first EVER trim job) and admiring its beauty and depth. I have also done a few readings and I have been struck by it's clarity - so refreshing after having a small break from tarot and only feeling drawn to my oracle.

I am going to spend a lot of time with this deck over the next month and get to know it very well which I think will be a wonderful and healing experience. I'm very grateful to LadyIronSide for starting this thread and everyone who has contributed positively to it. I think this deck is a healer with a clear voice and I can't wait to get to know it better!

Lady Indigo

I have a lot of affection for this deck but it's sort of a mixed bag for me in other ways. The art is gorgeous, it gives me a very peaceful feeling, it helps me tune in to a different mindset and a way of looking at the cards from that specific perspective. I like to use it for personal meditation more than general use with others, because of the power of the theme. But at times certain reinterpretations, especially of the Majors, throw me and the Court cards are rather tough for someone who doesn't have the background. It's a lovely deck overall, though. And the spreads in the back of the book are fantastic, the bow and arrow one has given me a few great readings.

AJ

He has holly on his robe! And he seems to be looking at the little bird, a wren or a sparrow ( I'm a southern hemisphere girl :) ), he's usually staring outwards and beyond. There is also a Christmas wreath hung above the little wooden door in the background. I haven't thought much about the meaning of this yet as I just sat down to read this thread after "rediscovering" this deck a couple of days ago... your post struck me so I ran to look at the card :)

I don't have the deck so am just responding to simphex, I can't see a Christmas wreath associated in any way with the premise behind this deck? I do have the Green Man Tree Oracle by John Matthews/Will Worthington and The Holly Tree is explained as:

"holly burns fiercest and hottest of all the woods, creating passionate fire."
In short speak, "the release of energy fires every action"

gregory

A wreath is a wreath. The idea that it is a CHRISTMAS wreath is in the eye of the beholder. I never saw it as such.

nisaba

Looks as though I'm shortly to be gifted with a second-hand copy of this deck! And a whole bunch of miscellaneous books. Books and Tarot - my two favourite things - I can't wait!

VanillaLatte

Mine just arrived today. I'm in love! <3 But I'll have to bond with it later this month since I'm making good progress with my Druidcraft.