Judgment

Moongold

Thanks

Very helpful. The Judgment card does have associations of guilt and fear for my inherently Catholic soul. They say have a child until the age of 7 and you have her for life . LOL.

It is a matter of reframing,

The card came up for me again in the context of a Pathway Spread. This spread uses 22 Major Arcana and is based on the Tree of Life. It's avery interesting spread. I used Tarot of the Old Path for this spread and it renames some of the cards. Judgment becomes Karma

Anyway, this is what I got for postion 13:

13. Karma (Judgment)

This position indicates the area where we will be asked to make a sacrifice, bringing much wisdom and a greater level of understanding which we could not have obtained otherwise.

I think I'm going to have to let this one sit for a bit. Maybe it is about not being so judgmental? I tend to be externally not too judgmental but internally. quite terrible at times. My own worst critic. Impossible to live with LOL.

Moongold

MeeWah

Moongold: I see this card as an awakening; a "call to arms"; responsibility, discrimination. I particularly like the Robin Wood version of Judgement, which imparts a sense of rebirth. I also see the concept of judgement as a self-judgement, a process whereby the self meets the soul. It intrinsically refers to balance, which its number suggests. It is where one attains freedom from ignorance; is "resurrected" after accepting responsibility.

raeanne

Hi all,
I have always seen the Judgment card as “self-assessment” or review. Even after you have completed a project, you need to go over everything and look at what you did right, what you did wrong, what worked, what didn’t, what you will change next time around, and most of all to answer the question - was the journey worth while? I think this fits somewhat into the Christian view of Judgment Day except I don’t see it as a test that you have to pass to get into heaven. I see it strictly as a stage in our learning. If you don’t assess your progress, you won’t learn or grow and you will remain at the same level.

truthsayer

i see judgement as that moment of epiphany(light bulb moment) where the pieces of the puzzle come together and you at last understand the big picture of things--the world. during the fool's journey you haven't been able to see the forest b/c of the trees. now you can pull it all together in order to create a cohesive world view. you either commend or condemn yourself on the lessons you've either failed to learn or succeeded earlier. if you judge yourself as failing then you may be thrown back to relearn lessons until you can attain your own standards of perfection. if you succeed then you are ready for the next step/level of attainment--the world. you are reborn like a phoenix. the past cannot hold you back b/c you free yourself from the need to judge or be judged.

Moongold

temperlyne said:
this link will take you to the aeon card fron the Haindl deck:

http://www.learntarot.com/hadesc.htm

Thank you for this link. It is quite a while since I saw the Haindl and now I find myself wanting it.

The Aeon card is amazing but so is that Hierophant!

I did a Pathway reading on my life yesterday and the Hierophant card cames up as my reason for being in this life. This has certainly awakened my interest in this figure. In some deeply personal way I connect Judgment and Hierophant.

Back to Aeon - What a great image!

Blessings,

Moongold

Lovelace

I've always had trouble understanding Judgement. It really is a difficult card to grasp - even when I got a basic keyword-style understanding of it, I had trouble telling the difference between it and The Tower, since they seemed sort of similar.

So then one day I was working on a Major Arcana based on stills from movies I really like, just as an exercise in "getting" the cards (as well as for fun). When I got to Judgement, I intuitively felt like it should without question be a frame from Rebekah Del Rio's incredibly haunting performance of "Cryin'" in Mulholland Drive. If you haven't seen the movie, it's a really disturbing, weirdly beautiful scene which I don't want to get into too deeply because it would spoil the plot - suffice it to say, it's a life-changing moment for the protagonists. I couldn't at all articulate why I wanted that scene, though, until I started reading some of the posts here and really thinking about it.

In the movie, this is the moment where, it's implied, the characters suddenly begin to see beneath the surface of their lives, and it affects them very deeply emotionally. Like the card, the scene is complex and difficult, and leads to a "World" moment of ultimate transition to a new state of being - in an less metaphorical fashion than usual, to be sure. It's what I now associate very closely with Judgement, and I think I understand the card better for it.

I'm not a big fan of Robin Wood's interpretation (note: of anything), because I think it puts a little too much emphasis on the sweetness and light of post-Judgement. Post-Judgement is the World, and that's where the joy (sometimes) comes in; Judgement itself is often painful and wrenching, and I think it's dishonest to pretend otherwise. I love Mary-El's version, however: it also uses a phoenix, but a very frightening one made of blood-red flames. This gets across the idea of rebirth, but also the pain and fear that accompanies the act of looking back on your life and taking stock of yourself, as well as gathering the strength to move forward.

:T8W

belly dancer

I get really confused with the Judgement card. Not because I don't understand the meaning - it is because I think there are so many meanings that are similar but different fundamentally.
For example, let's relating to a relationship - it could be that the person is ending it, moving on the something better, bigger,different. But could it also be that the involved individuals are moving on from a certain issue, sort of like forgive and forget and take it to the next level? Also could the Judegement card be symbolizing the actuall time being spent on evaluating the situation before moving on, trying to see what needs to be changed before one can be reborn ?

I am still such a beginner, but when I read for friends, they always say that everything is very correct. I usually don't have any problem reading this card for others, a certain thought just comes to me. But when I was reading for myself about my relationship I just couldn't tell. All of the scenarios fit. Now I know we actually have ended the relationship and moved on from it as it was already predicted by a previous reading from myself about 4 months ago.

autumn star

Hi bellydancer :) ... I only just realised that this was a really old post!

there was a thread started by miss _ yuko recently about understanding judgment ... you may have already viewed it but here is the link anyway ~
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45254

I found it quite useful ...

I also love this card ... especially in the Morgan Greer deck ... because the people seem so overjoyed and free.

I posted my understanding of the card in the link above ... so typing it here would be like repeating myself ...

hope it helps :)

troyhoma

Judgement card

Moongold i believe you are right about the judgement card in my reading it was the 4th card. I just went and sore a astrologer to see if i was listening to my inner voice right and he told me that very soon i will drop everything old and go into the new(reborn) but take what i learnt along the way(treasures) he also said that i must leave my old thinking patterns behind which i just about have which is why i got the lovers card and Athene has the sword to cut with the power of the mind through the mental realm. So i am stepping into something new and the number 13 repersents manythings for me in my life one is it repersents the power and dominion i have been given to change my life which i have been and 13 is also a master number as i have mastered my life now, another sign of this happening is as i get to a new level(intiation) in life i always get sick which is happening right now, over my life i have tuned into my body and listen to what it tells me and i know this because its happened to me on exact moments so as my old cells die new ones will be reborn.

So thankyou moongold for you insite which help me

starrystarrynight

Two of my personal keywords for Judgement (the Aeon) are:

Aha! and Eureka!

What I've finally learned or realized will allow me to make that next step into the World (Universe).