SWOT analysis

Rachx

Thanks Bluefusion, Rodney put me onto your SWOT thread and I must say it's very in depth. I am trying various connotations as I work my way through. They are a wonderful way for me to get insight before a meeting. I can definitely see how it works for careers -it's a pretty versatile spread - one poster to your thread mentioned it is similar to the cross of the CC and I am playing around with that at the moment; with positional meanings on the staff. Blue Fusion - thank you xx

blue_fusion

Thanks Bluefusion, Rodney put me onto your SWOT thread and I must say it's very in depth. I am trying various connotations as I work my way through. They are a wonderful way for me to get insight before a meeting. I can definitely see how it works for careers -it's a pretty versatile spread - one poster to your thread mentioned it is similar to the cross of the CC and I am playing around with that at the moment; with positional meanings on the staff. Blue Fusion - thank you xx

It really is a great concept. I got to learn about SWOT through my Management classes back in college and it's something that's very applicable to a lot of situations, and also something that's rather flexible in that you can combine it with another concept to create a new spread. For example, off the top of my head - the concept of "thesis-antithesis-synthesis" can be combined with SWOT to create a 12-card spread. :D

Barleywine

Interesting that I spent over 30 years taking management classes at work and never encountered the acronym SWOT. We did a lot of "fishbone diagrams" and the like to look at all variables in a decision. It seems to me that any good tarot spread will account for countervailing forces in a situation, although they will be named differently. I'm going to look at all of my spreads to see how I might sharpen them along the lines of SWOT.

Rachx

There is also "PEST" - looks at external factors Political, Economical, Social, Technological. One called STEEP - which includes environmental , ethical and legal - We could have a field day!

ncharge

You could add a Hot Buttons card - critical success factors, etc.

You could also add a card for Competition - obstacles, roadblocks, etc.

And yes, an outcome card.

Rachx

Hi ncharge - I like the idea of a hot buttons card a lot :) was thinking the perfect deck might be the international icon one!

ncharge

I'm in BD too! The international icon one would be nice. But I think just about any deck offers what you need. A very practical deck, like the Bright Ideas deck, would be good.

Rachx

Oh yes - perfect deck! Need a mini version to keep in my work bag to do pre meeting spreads!

Minister_ΘU𐌋

Looking into your layout, what I thing you may profit most from is thus:

I will suggest that looking at one card, you should pair it never with the card opposite of it, but rather pair it with the two pillars one as it's jachin and the other as it's boaz.
Work this way around the square, and as Barley has suggested leave an un-turned card so as not to affect your understanding of the pairs.
Then, using the center card, work the threes in a way yet observed, so it standing towards the top car work top center bottom, then turn the card as a key, and work left to right or right to left depending only on personal orientation, to expand would be to work both directions.

I hope this tip has given some insight into the additional card. I would term this card "Key Card" for it's use in turn. To play it first or last is also a matter of choice like depth.
(Edit)
Personal note on the dangers of "Relationship Spreading"
Tarot as an act of love is a powerful avenue for divinators, however, as is the law, this love must be "Under Will", for your protection I feel it is best to work in this understanding towards a realm of consent. It is best to stay ones self from a "Black handed Love" as dark magic should be avoided. However, there is no law beyond "Do thy will."
(2nd Edit)
This is the difference between "Enochian Magic" and "Sacred Tongue" Tarot, though in this spread both align more with Love rather than Language, it should be noted that to Play a game for or against one is aligned with Enochian, where as to play in Love alone, to benefit the others, is "Sacred Tongue" playful games can get people hurt. Always take to heart your alignment, as I do not ever wish to ban Enochian, but I recognize it can stain the Ba or Soul of a tarot wielder, I feel it's best to keep darkness from your alter, as Cleansing and Banishing only "stacks" over previous actions. Know that no past magik may be undone.

(Final Edit)
Strength: Victory(6w)
Weakness: Defeat(5S)
Opportunity: (QofS)
Threat: Temperance/Art(14)
Key: ?
In this I see;
My strength in relationships is founded in defeat of those I see mandate swift or appropriate combative dealings; this is an unfortunate nature. I deem it necessary to avoid conflict so in this I see that to defeat those who wish to harm me in my Way, is to turn and avoid altercations, however, I should be careful to watch for my own good even those I hold close, as it is said "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" but further, "Know thy enemy as thyself".

I will see defeat in my own weakness, and it will be through the valor of others I am so struck. they will gain victory if not by my own heart I am guided better to judge, as in combat, it is often the better to win the match. (This is not always true, but often it is the way, "only the strong survive"

Opportunity: The queen of swords shows the acting hand of the Justice card, she is the beheader and punisher, this is the acting law of nature, and she discerns whether I have judged a relationship with enough or too little temperance, and this gives the natural fall to personal defeats.

Temperance play to the lady of Spades and Thorns, or to my blossoming rose, it is the mixing of the elements, where man is at an affront with the natural order, just as in nature will both nourish and punish man, based on the judgement of nature itself.

The Turning of the Key.
The key or signifyer is the Chariot. The Triumph of Light.
It points away from victory, so I will start here:
Victory if found through the path of Light in Life of Love; The path of Love in Light of Life; the path of Life in Light of Love.
Inversed, it shows that through the light of justice, the noble queen might see fit to take me into the darkness of failure, of victory, though it takes understanding that the ball is only in so much of her court as my own.
In its play from defeat, I must see that my losses be measure in recognition that the better one has triumphed.
I should whereby use temperance when gauging the enemy.
Know that this wisdom was for me and to be my own, but please, take of it what guidance thou wilt.
Blessing unto ye and all those you cherish, and may you be ever guided to the highest Liberty when expressing the Law, and know in thyself the danger of Lies and Lust. 7L
Compassionately, Master Thelion withing the Ministry of ΘUL.

Rachx

Thank you for this take. I love the idea of the "key" card. I will have a try with your idea - I also understand what you say about the love readings, there will always be free will and it is against my personal ethics to try to manipulate someone so always good to hear similar -thank you xx