New Faeries in the House!

Satori

Well it had to happen to eventually. I mean, I have a FO in the cabinet that is a spare, and I was saving it for my daughter. But I have two daughters....

So I put up a trade thread and said if you have a spare FO I'll trade ya' this here Tarot pretty...and of course I got one. I asked shamoness to send the box to my daughter, and she did, but she added a faery house that she made out of a round cheese box. So cute. Covered in moss, and little round glass beads, with a doorstep and a door and a little peak....and when you open it, a little mossy bed, a little dresser, sparklies, a shoe charm...just so sweet. And she added a couple key chains to the package, very cute butterflies.

My daughter, 9 by the way, was amazed that this box came from a "stranger" for her. What was it...and she blurted out..."A tarot deck!!!" Yes we had the discussion about Tarot vs. Oracle. We got her faeries a bag, and she sat down to look at each card and gave her 5year old sister a reading. She kept those cards by her side all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Her pouch has a long strap, so she could wear her cards across her chest, and she did, taking them in the car with us and everywhere.

Her favorite? And she chose it I had nothing to do with it....Gloominus Doom!!! I couldn't believe it. I have this theory that there are no bad faeries, that each faery has a job, and she or he needs to complete that job, it is their life path, they are who they are, just as we are who we are. Now Luathas loves this idea, but he does get his comeuppance when he needs it. There really is no excuse for poor behavior. Anyhoo, Gloominus to me is so sweet. Pitiful at times, but sweet.

She loves the deck. And there is really nothing like seeing the cards all crisp and new again...their colors nice and bright. We have been having lots of talks about the faeries and what they mean, and every time she asks me, what does this one mean, I ask her right back....yeah honey, what does it mean??? And she thinks about it and tells me.

So a few of her faves:
Faery Godmother
She loves the Friends
Eponas Wild Daughter
Green Woman
Arval Parrot
Master Maker
Nelys the Alchemist
and Ilbe The Retriever.

Now I did influence her on some of these only because I was shocked when she said she disliked Arval Parrot! I mean, I love Arval Parrot. So I pointed out his cuteness....and she did have to agree in the end how sweet he is.

This is going to be an adventure. And now the little one wants her set too. I have in the cabinet I told her, but no she wants it mailed to her by a stranger with a present in the box. LOL. Kids. (So I'm thinking I'll pretend it has come in the mail for her....and I'll put in some goodies. Do you think that is ok?)

Jewel

Satori thank you for sharing. I could not help but smile when I read your post. I certainly think that sending the deck to your little girl with some goodies would be a very faery like thing to do :D

franniee

I think that is perfect! Put it in a box! and leave it on the counter and when she gets home from school Wala! Beautiful! :heart: