Relationship goals: 6 of Pentacles clarified by 2 of Cups

Sagittarius85

What should I aim to achieve with him?

He is an old flame, and it’s an ’unfulfilled love’-story. I have got a boyfriend, but I am almost sure that there are mutual romantic feelings between this other man and me.

I got the 6 of Pentacles clarified by 2 of cups, as suggested realtionship goals with him.

I don’t like the 6 of Pentacles, because I don’t understand it. It may be about to find the balance, to help somebody, not to humiliate yourself…?
The 2 of cups suggests a nice, romantic relationship.

Does it mean that I should eliminate the imbalances to get in romantic relationship with him?

Thank you in advance! :)

Laurelle

What should I aim to achieve with him?

He is an old flame, and it’s an ’unfulfilled love’-story. I have got a boyfriend, but I am almost sure that there are mutual romantic feelings between this other man and me.

I got the 6 of Pentacles clarified by 2 of cups, as suggested realtionship goals with him.

I don’t like the 6 of Pentacles, because I don’t understand it. It may be about to find the balance, to help somebody, not to humiliate yourself…?
The 2 of cups suggests a nice, romantic relationship.

Does it mean that I should eliminate the imbalances to get in romantic relationship with him?

Thank you in advance! :)

6 of Pentacles maybe suggesting that you make a decision between what you really want. 2 goes into 6 three times, which suggests a triangle, which you have also already mentioned in your previous thread.

2;s can also be about a pause, reflection and a time to think about polarities. There is a balance that needs to be struck.

I think you are right about the way you should remove the imbalances. It's almost like every time he comes along you're giving your "coins" to someone else and there he in more need.

2 of Cups suggests having a very candid email or conversation with him to clarify what he feels and how you feel so that you can make the best decision moving forward.

Absynthe

Six of pentacles means that only one person in that relationship is giving. Those two cards together say to me that you should realise the feelings are one sided or that entering a relationship with him would end up being one-sided. Either way, it's not a good outlook and since you have a boyfriend you should probably stick with the one you've got.

Grizabella

The way I read the cards, I find that usually I need more than one "romance" card or card meaning anything else. In this case, I think Laurelle made an excellent observation about this reducing to a 3, indicating a love triangle if you pursue this.

The 2 of Cups doesn't always indicate romance. It can also indicate reconnecting with someone who is just a friend, or it can indicate healing between two friends or two family members who have fallen out in the past.