Thoth Tarot Out Of Print

Lillie

archer1 said:
I live in Northern Arizona and none of the shops here in Prescott or even Sedona can get them....Some of my friends had to settle for the Liber T from LS..
Serious?

Or was that a joke?

archer1

no joke they settled for liber t from ls...because they incorporated the Crowley look so to speak not the same though.... I laughed as well.....we just cannot get them here....

anubis777

Hello again,
I called U.S Games Systems & asked about the Thoth deck i was told that there is a dispute going on with the O.T.O regarding this deck b/c they seem to want a higher price on it so until the issue is resolved no Thoth deck will be printed. As for as the time frame they didn't know so as for myself i cannot use the larger deck i use the standard size in the light lavender box but i will buy 2 decks next time just to be safe. Why couldn't the ugly Rider Waite go out of print instead of this beautiful magickal deck.

Lillie

archer1 said:
no joke they settled for liber t from ls...because they incorporated the Crowley look so to speak not the same though.... I laughed as well.....we just cannot get them here....

I thought it was the Liber T that's hard to get.
That's why I thought you might be joking...

Oh well.

Over here the Thoth is all over Ebay like a rash, there don't seem to be any problem with it.

(not that I'm buying one, I have 4...)

And a Liber T. Which is a really good deck.

You need to get onto Scion for his info about the Decans. There is just so much more in that deck than just it being a Thoth clone!

thorhammer

LOL I have three and I think that's enough. I had five at one stage, all up I think about ten have passed through my hands :D

Can someone write an article for snopes.com? :laugh:

\m/ Kat

t.town.troy

I got Liber T on amazon a few months ago and the Thoth at a local "witchy" shop around the same time. hmm, good thing I was able to get both rather easily.
Oh, the Thoth was a large green box that says made in Belgium by AGM.
If these decks are getting hard to find then good luck to those trying to find them.

Le Fanu

Tarot Chest get them in periodically, but they sell out quickly. It is worth checking regularly and they ship to the US now...

To be honest, I don't see the English version around here much, and I used to. Now I only ever see foreign language versions. I have a Portuguese version for reading with here. People like to be able to understand the titles, even if it does say "Ruina"...

archer1

Lillie said:
I thought it was the Liber T that's hard to get.
That's why I thought you might be joking...

Oh well.

Over here the Thoth is all over Ebay like a rash, there don't seem to be any problem with it.

(not that I'm buying one, I have 4...)

And a Liber T. Which is a really good deck.

You need to get onto Scion for his info about the Decans. There is just so much more in that deck than just it being a Thoth clone!

The Liber T is available here locally on a regular basis.....

Cerulean

Tarotchest has six as of 10/25/2009...the deluxe version

...and I see two other vendors that might help... a used version set of Thoth cards and deck packaged with the book by Gerd Ziglar as "Tarot, Mirror of the Soul" that the old AG Mueller slipcase--I believe it's the blue box version. Booksurf lists a set with cards, but be careful and send an e-mail to ensure that it's the kit you are buying with both the book and deck:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0880793228/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

...if a smaller Crowley Thoth deck and a Rider Waite deck and a color book comparing the images is okay, you can get this set for the $40 price - again, make certain you send e-mail before you order to ensure it's the two decks and book you are getting in the kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Tarot-Kit-Susan-Levitt/dp/1572813458

I hope that helps tide people over a bit until this printing snafu is smoothed out...I know that having my original blue box version since the 1990's and at least a smaller one available for myself has been in my 'must haves' for reference...

It's always been a beautiful deck to me...and I hope that it will always be available, even more so than now.

Cerulean

Gennai

I live in the UK, and you can't seem to get them here in shops, i.e. Borders, and last I looked I only saw two decks on e-bay, I got mine last week from Tarot Chest, I was really pleased, I asked for it at around 1pm and got it in the post the next day. I bought the small deck... my first Thoth. Borders said it was o.o.p. and I looked at some other retailers on the net but they had ran out of copies, so for a while it does look as if this deck is in short supply.