Thoth Tarot Out Of Print

Lillie

There are over 20 in ebay shops.

All three sizes, as far as I can tell.

And as far as I can tell they are english language versions, but that would need to be checked out.

And that's not counting all the secondhand sellers.

ETA.
That's ebay UK.

rif

TaroBear said:
This deck (all 3 sizes) has been available from us (TaroBear's Lair) for 18 months or so, and will continue to be as long as there is a demand for it and we can buy and sell at accepted retail standards. There is no word at all from the manufacturer as to this deck going out of print. .... At times we may sell out of a particular size (currently we are out of the Standard size) but rest assured that we will be getting more (in fact, soon!).

I just checked here, and the Pocket and Deluxe are still in stock. Maybe I'll snag a pocket sized for myself, as I already have the Standard and Deluxe. :D

I know this store was out of Pocket at one point, because I was going to buy one but they were all gone. Despite the shortage, it has evidently been restocked.

Cerulean

I have to say my lavendar boxed US Games edition

rivals the brightness of my first Thoth, a circa 1986ish AG Mueller. My comparison was the Star card, what I believe is one of the most beautiful in one the newer editions. I believe it is the pocket size by U.S. Games and has James Wasserman (?) instructions.

I hope the scarcity is only temporary and am looking forward to newer, improved print runs.

I am fond of my first deluxe size Thoth with Tarot Hermit instructions--brightest to me under dim light after all these years.-For some reason the AGM pocket size I bought in the early 2000's seemed slightly paler than my 1986 and the pocket sized U.S. Games lavendar box set.

I will search to find scans of the copy with digital remastering. I let go of all my greenies and others last year, as a vintage lighter blue version Llewellyn B melted my heart!

Nevada

Until I saw this thread I didn't know there was a pocket size Thoth. Now I have one on the way from Tarot Bear's Lair. :D

It's unsettling to me, a confirmed Thoth user for many years, to think there's even a hint of the possibility it could go out of print. I hope the issues between OTO and publishers/distributors get settled and ironed out soon, once and for all. It's sad enough that neither Crowley nor Harris lived to see their beautiful deck in print.

photokat

Tarot Chest has them in stock also - for 14 GBP or so?

Nevada

I am loving my pocket Thoth that I received just a few days ago. :D

archer1

I just order two of them from one of the bookstores here... and they were said to be intransit....A friend of mine in North Carolina told me of 2 Thoth decks at a barnes and noble he bought one and left unrapped...

Lillie said:
I thought it was the Liber T that's hard to get.
That's why I thought you might be joking...

Oh well.

Over here the Thoth is all over Ebay like a rash, there don't seem to be any problem with it.

(not that I'm buying one, I have 4...)

And a Liber T. Which is a really good deck.

You need to get onto Scion for his info about the Decans. There is just so much more in that deck than just it being a Thoth clone!

I just received my decks I order 2 from Barnes and Noble and 2 others from Hastings I now own 4 of them the imagery is somewhat confusing at least the added imagery. Is there any companion book on it?

WonderGuy

Just ordered myself a deck from tarotbearslair, early christmas present!
:)