"your name" spread

magela_earth

ok, I've got the Name part, but how does this age factor work in here. I've done numerology before, but I'm lost right now. AHHH

But, I tried this layout at lunch, ooh, so nice. I really really like it. I'm usually into simple layouts for most questions, and I guess this one is...though it's got a lot of cards (depending). I'm totally going to use it all the time now.

December Fairy

The age card should sum up the reading.

lunalafey

December Fairy looks good, it seems that you got a hold of it from reading your post.

nodntap said:
Not sure why you would bother with using the person's name since the letters weren't used for anything else?

It makes the spread personalized to each individual.
Some people will have 2 or 3 cards in thier past, present or future (etc). Not just one for each. Rather than everyone having just ONE card for each position, more cards give a deeper reading.

Now by taking the numerical values or the traditional card meanings, one defeats the purpose of this spread. The way the spread is done is through the Gestalt method which is centered on looking at the cards intuitivly and does not include anything like numerology or the RW/AC definition of the cards.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding how the spread actually works.

DO NA LD

Does this mean I put two cards in the Past position
Two cards in the Present position
And two cards in the Future position

???

heehee- misunderstood? yes- but the 'condensed' version you creating is workable as well, but more with a traditional approach??

It's a tough spread due to it's maluable nature....
Forget adding anything up........all one has to do is count....
don't look to anything that you'll find in a book of definitions.

did not mean to ignore September Pixie, time is sometimes short or gets cut off and I have nothing to remind me to go back to a specific thread....still having troubles?

Thoraofthenorth

Magickal Names, too?

This is a great idea. I totally plan to do it this morning when I log off.

But I think it would be fun to add in magickal names. (I don't know how many here have them, but it would put in some interesting stuff, since magickal names aren't usualy used as everyday names, but represent the parts of your self that remain hidden.)

So, I haven't quite decided how I should divide the magickal names, and what I should have the bunches mean.

I would use my first name (4letters), my magickal common name (5), my magickal secret name (5), my middle name (5), and my last name (8).

I was thinking the common name's meanings would be on the lines of your relationship to (faith), what the name brings to you, and so forth. The secret name I thought should mean your deepest true self, what you hide from the world, what you hide from yourself, unknown strengths/weaknesses and such.

Any ideas on this?

Thora

Celcius

I am relatively new to Tarot reading, but had an incredible reading using this spread for myself.

A few things I noticed....

By the end of the reading I was exhausted. I couldn't imagine doing anymore than one of these in an evening for anyone else. I did notice what alot have said so far in this thread, that the cards literally "sing" to you. They are very personal, and each card points logically to other cards in the spread. Many of my "PPF" cards were confirmed, and developed later in the spread, particularly by "Self" and "Emotions" and "Will"

I think if I were doing this reading for someone with an unusually long name, I would use the simple 3,3,5 spread that was mentioned. I think as a newbie I'd be way to overwhelmed having 30 cards staring up at me.

The spread didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, but did open my eyes to things that I haven't been paying much attention to, and things that I didn't want to deal with. All in all, it was a healthy expierience.

Thanks for introducing me to this spread.

CalypsoTea

This is a really cool spread! In trying it though, a question arose, which I hope doesn't sound stupid... Could you clarify what you mean by Past, Present, and Future? When I was trying the spread, I took "Past" to mean your past life, "Present" meant your present life right now, and "Future" was your present life some years from now. Then I realized that "Past" could mean your present life when you were younger, and "Future" could mean your next incarnation. So, does it mean whatever you happen to think it means? Thanks for indulging me. ^_^

homichelle

This is an amazing spread!

I tried the spread for my husband and myself... and it's such an amazing match for the "past"section! We have the same cards.... >o<... i will do the spread for my little sister as well!!!

EnglishRose

I like the look of this spread, i'll have to try it out sometime this weekend,
Sophie xx

lunalafey

CalypsoTea said:
Could you clarify what you mean by Past, Present, and Future? When I was trying the spread, I took "Past" to mean your past life, "Present" meant your present life right now, and "Future" was your present life some years from now. Then I realized that "Past" could mean your present life when you were younger, and "Future" could mean your next incarnation. So, does it mean whatever you happen to think it means?

You have probably heard it before, it's what ever feels right or works for you.
I sometimes come across a reading that is NOT about pastlives, but the cards strongly speak of a life past.

MoniqueDolls

good spread... but need help

I used this spread this morning and was amazed about how accurate it was. I just had one problem, I am finding it diffcult to interept the king of swords (r) and the queen of swords in the present position. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Monique