"Fool in the Middle" Workplace Dynamics Spread

Barleywine

Those of you who work in a corporate or other organizational environment should have some fun with this one. It's intended to show how an employee (you or a querent) can best get along with bosses and co-workers and how relations might be improved. It presupposes some minimum first-hand knowledge of the other individuals, so it probably won't be much use for prospective "new job" situations; it's mainly a personality-matching exercise. But you could certainly try it for a new job if you know the organizational structure.

Attachments

• Fool in the Middle Spread.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 363

violetdaisy

Well, since I've been imbibing this evening it looks like a bit much to tackle (but I won't be tackling anything tonight). However, I might alter it on a smaller scale. There are 11 in my department. So Querant (whomever that may be) +10. It's a big enough company that I only really have to worry about my department and (potentially) how it interacts with other departments although we have our own budget etc.

Barleywine

Well, since I've been imbibing this evening it looks like a bit much to tackle (but I won't be tackling anything tonight). However, I might alter it on a smaller scale. There are 11 in my department. So Querant (whomever that may be) +10. It's a big enough company that I only really have to worry about my department and (potentially) how it interacts with other departments although we have our own budget etc.

I hadn't thought about using it at the cross-department organizational level, but I suppose co-workers could be members of different departments. Maybe department managers could be "personified" by the different court cards, creating a bigger-picture outlook for the querent. Be sure to read the second page to get an idea of my thinking on the method.