flashes of light......

Starshower

WOW, celticnoodle, what an amazing story!!! I bet it made you feel very special as a child. :)
Maybe you have faery blood and are not 100% boringly human. lol.

My pupils are unusually large too, & I am extremely light-sensitive & have to wear sunglasses even on only slightly bright days. I used to scowl & narrow my eyes alot, & people (esp. my Mum) thought I was unhappy or bad-tempered or confused - but it was just the light hurting my eyes.
I have 'cornea farinata' - 'flour-ed' corneas - which can come with age, but mine hasn't changed since I was a child.
I wonder if this is my reason for seeing the flashes & circles of light a lot, too? (Though not the static electricity ones, 'cos surely everyone can see those, if they get undressed in the dark?)

You know, I had never made the connection with my lights and 'supernatural' or 'spiritual' experiences - 'messages', insights, 'precognitions' etc. I have plenty of the latter -but I put them in inverted commas because, to me, there is no such thing as 'supernatural', since everything that happens is, by my definition, natural - even if many or most others in mainstream society remain unaware / unawakened and dismiss the possibilities from their view of the world. (Often in the name or 'rationality' or 'science'. But both, if authentic, should explore & examine everything and not just deny & ignore things they don't yet understand, imo. I'm from a scientific background too, where everything is possible that makes internal sense.)

From now on, I shall carefully notice what happens in my subjective, emotional & spiritual life around the times I see flashes & colours & circles. There may be a connection I've been missing, as I'm so focussed on health. I DO sense my deceased loved ones vividly at times ...

Thanks for your fascinating post, celticnoodle! You are such an interesting person. Are your eyes green, like mine, I wonder? (I have some Irish blood too.)
Bright blessings. x :)

Thoughtful

Assuming there are no eye problems l can say that those who see sparkles, colours or orbs are seeing Spirit around them. This can be the way that loved ones, angels, guides try to connect with you. l see those sparkles now and again, l have also seen the most beautiful blue orbs when l have been healing. Its all a lovely connection to the world of spirit and a way of getting your attention.

starshower as you sense your loved ones around you they will send these lights to let you know they are with you. Have you tried meditation, just sitting quietly and allowing spirit to come to you, perhaps asking if there is anything they would like to say to you. My father (gone to spirit now) was anti anything to do with spiritual things yet now he is the one who aids me in my spiritual work. I believe the lights from spirit are a gift that not all people have, it could be a sign that you have some spiritual work to do.

celticnoodle

WOW, celticnoodle, what an amazing story!!! I bet it made you feel very special as a child. :)
Maybe you have faery blood and are not 100% boringly human. lol.
:laugh: faery blood WOULD be cool! :thumbsup: no, I never really felt special at all, tbh. However, now that I am grown, I feel that everyone is special.

My pupils are unusually large too, & I am extremely light-sensitive & have to wear sunglasses even on only slightly bright days. I used to scowl & narrow my eyes alot, & people (esp. my Mum) thought I was unhappy or bad-tempered or confused - but it was just the light hurting my eyes.
ah, yes, same here. I use to have to wear them in school, due to the lights being so bright. Sometimes inside a room, if it is too bright, I still do so. Do you?

I have 'cornea farinata' - 'flour-ed' corneas - which can come with age, but mine hasn't changed since I was a child.
I wonder if this is my reason for seeing the flashes & circles of light a lot, too? (Though not the static electricity ones, 'cos surely everyone can see those, if they get undressed in the dark?)
I've never heard of this. I'm going to have to google-research it. Interesting!

You know, I had never made the connection with my lights and 'supernatural' or 'spiritual' experiences - 'messages', insights, 'precognitions' etc. I have plenty of the latter -but I put them in inverted commas because, to me, there is no such thing as 'supernatural', since everything that happens is, by my definition, natural - even if many or most others in mainstream society remain unaware / unawakened and dismiss the possibilities from their view of the world. (Often in the name or 'rationality' or 'science'. But both, if authentic, should explore & examine everything and not just deny & ignore things they don't yet understand, imo. I'm from a scientific background too, where everything is possible that makes internal sense.)

Yes, I see what you mean and I can agree with you here. However, the term is used I think because many people can only understand that which is within reason--'rules' attached to its happening. If there is not some sort of proof--or 'rule' attached, many have a difficult time in believing it happened--such as ghostly apparitions or the ability to predict something in the future that is very complex and it comes to be. Some people just cannot accept this as something that can occur, because there are no rules to have it happen. If you can get what I mean? I don't know how to really explain it.
From now on, I shall carefully notice what happens in my subjective, emotional & spiritual life around the times I see flashes & colours & circles. There may be a connection I've been missing, as I'm so focussed on health. I DO sense my deceased loved ones vividly at times ...

oh yes, do! You may surprise yourself. I love to hear that people sense their deceased loved ones around them. I, for one, KNOW our loved ones are always nearby. And, it does NOT mean they are earth bound if they are. I know they come and go and are often here with us because they think of us still. But, especially when we are in need of them, or think of them--its like a beacon of light sent to them, to let them know we are doing so. This in turn, brings them to us as well.

Thanks for your fascinating post, celticnoodle! You are such an interesting person. Are your eyes green, like mine, I wonder? (I have some Irish blood too.)
Bright blessings. x :)
:laugh: Thank you! No, my eyes are blue.

canid

awwwh! thank you, canid! :) this makes my day. :heart:

I was born with an extra large pupil in each eye. Actually--as weird as it sounds (and quite befitting to me--being a bit of an oddball sort of person anyway), I do not have a round pupil, like other people. My pupil literally is clover shaped.!

Even without drugs? You never told us that, in Dancing Bear's Circle!! How cool! Now I've gotta not only go google it but check MY pupils haha...although at 57 I think some doc along the way would have noticed it. Although, I have had some weird occurences with my eyes...Of course it is related to what you 'see'! You're like a cross between all kinds of species, you see things the rest of us physically can't, if you think about it! Way cool! Do you ever watch History2? Or those shows about ancient aliens that we evolved from? Maybe those genes became predominant with *you*!

celticnoodle

Well, I'm not really in the habit of telling everyone all about my oddities, canid. :laugh: I guess it never came up in the circles. (gosh, I somiss those!! It is also known as "Lesters sign" and is because I was born with Nail Patella Syndrome--though not everyone born with NPS has Lester's sign. It is predominately seen in NPSers with blue eyes. (like me).

History2? are you kidding?! that is one of our FAVORITE channels here! we watch it all the time. Yeah, some people may agree that I am an alien from another planet. :p I'd get rid of cable tv in a second, if we could get History2 and a few other channels via the net. till then, we'll probably keep it. We LOVE History2, The Create channel, PBS, BBC news and the Aljazeerah News (Sp?). We sometimes watch other channels when they offer some interesting shows--but primarily its the ones listed above.

starchaser1277

Something that may be related to seeing flashes of coloured light, is a condition known as Chromesthesia, which is sometimes referred to as sound-to-colour synesthesia, where neural pathways appear to interfere with each other causing sounds to be seen as colours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromesthesia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

This was very interesting to read. I haven't noticed any sounds during my experiences, however I will pay attention in the future. :)

headincloud

Coming in on the subject of headaches the reason we see more of the colour spectrum when we’ve got a migraine is due to the hormonal changes it causes. Colours appear brighter everything becomes more defined we may have flashes of colour or see hazes around people. The same but less pronounced effect also coincides with the hormonal cycle, it could be perceived as an altered state of consciousness.

The visible 'spectrum' greek for apparition is only part of the electromagnetic spectrum and the percentage we see depends largely on what type of animal we are along with our individual visual ability which is subject to change and can be developed like any other sense it’s commonly the first one to open when we start developing psychically.

Fasting cause similar shifts in consciousness which is why it’s at the heart of all regions and spiritual systems, we’re not perceiving things are not there we’re perceiving what is always there but normally out of range of our senses.

Sleep deprivation also brings us into altered states of visual perception but do your research or find a teacher because it’s taxing and we need to be in tip top shape mentally and physically.

Laura Borealis

Something that may be related to seeing flashes of coloured light, is a condition known as Chromesthesia, which is sometimes referred to as sound-to-colour synesthesia, where neural pathways appear to interfere with each other causing sounds to be seen as colours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromesthesia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

I had that happen to me once. I saw music as colors, like a mass of swirling color hanging in the air in front of me. Beautiful and fascinating, but I'm glad it doesn't happen all the time.

Scibility

DITTO!!!

I also see them as flashes of light--sometimes twinkling like stars or small lights. They will be various colors-white, blue, reddish/pink even purpleish lights. Sometimes I see it as a flash--like it was a lightening strike and again in various colors--generally this is only one solid color though, not the twinkling of various colors. I have also seen solid mist colors - mostly white, yellow or orange in colors at times.

There were a few times when I woke up and saw colors in the room I was in--solid colors--.

Yes! Yes!, Yes! Exactly! I had my eyes checked and they are in "perfect health".