Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Rhinemaiden

Unbelievable that they could be sold out so fast. I don't get it.

I don't get it either... someone posted on the Ana Cortez facebook page that her new deck order had been cancelled by US Games... as yet no reply/comment from Ana. I was hoping Ana would be selling the new decks; she's removed the purchase link for the vintage PCO deck and only lists the book. :(

Bhavana

I don't get it either... someone posted on the Ana Cortez facebook page that her new deck order had been cancelled by US Games... as yet no reply/comment from Ana. I was hoping Ana would be selling the new decks; she's removed the purchase link for the vintage PCO deck and only lists the book. :(

well, since this usgames new deck is gone so fast, maybe she will start selling the vintage again. I just don't see how that deck could have sold out so quickly,,

kalliope

Yes, it's really strange. Why go through all of the trouble of design and production, and then even print a few(?) to sell, and THEN cancel the whole thing? Very strange. Why not just limit the print run to a conservative number and say you won't be reprinting after those are gone, if there are reservations about how they'll sell?

It's all very confusing. I hope Ana will comment sometime soon to explain what happened.

Bhavana

there's a post from Ana on her forum, she has no idea what is going on either, says she is going to find out and get back to us.

Padma

In regard to those looking for interesting playing cards....recently I began searching for a lovely deck created by Ukranian artist Vladislav Erko - I contacted a Ukranian museum here in Canada, who put me in touch with a Ukranian online store located in Motnreal, who then ordered the decks - I have bought 2. They are lovely, the Kings, Queens and Jacks are all taken from Cossack historic archetypes - you can order them here: http://www.yevshan.com/main.asp?cid=1093 it is called the Taras Bulba deck.

They are stunning! Here is a better view (and I hope the store got it right! :p) though I spoke to the buyer for the store on the phone, and she assured me they were the same (very hard to get) deck. http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/09/artistic-playing-cards-by-vladislav.html

Bhavana

In regard to those looking for interesting playing cards....recently I began searching for a lovely deck created by Ukranian artist Vladislav Erko - I contacted a Ukranian museum here in Canada, who put me in touch with a Ukranian online store located in Motnreal, who then ordered the decks - I have bought 2. They are lovely, the Kings, Queens and Jacks are all taken from Cossack historic archetypes - you can order them here: http://www.yevshan.com/main.asp?cid=1093 it is called the Taras Bulba deck.

They are stunning! Here is a better view (and I hope the store got it right! :p) though I spoke to the buyer for the store on the phone, and she assured me they were the same (very hard to get) deck. http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/09/artistic-playing-cards-by-vladislav.html

My gosh, they are beautiful! But the picture on the first link, the few cards they show - they look different than the ones in the 2nd link...don't you think?
Reminds me a tiny bit of the Jane Lyle deck, which I really want.

Padma

My gosh, they are beautiful! But the picture on the first link, the few cards they show - they look different than the ones in the 2nd link...don't you think?
Reminds me a tiny bit of the Jane Lyle deck, which I really want.

Yes, that was why I phoned her to ask! She reassured me they were the same cards I had been searching for. I know when I was first searching for them, I read that they were only available at the Taras Bulba restaurant in Moscow. She told me this is where they obtained the cards from, so they should be the same - I will let you know when they arrive if they are! ;p (if they aren't, they are going right back to the store...)

ETA: I have emailed the online store to make sure, again, that they are the same cards. This was the reply I got from the buyer:

"I have not updated the picture yet - this is an old item photo!

I am doing this today - didn't manage to finish last night."

So yes, they are the same cards as in the second link ;) (thank goodness! lol)

Padma

They are really stunning, especially for double ended court cards.
Reminds me a little of the Tarocchi di Alan by A.Orell.

If you want any of these gorgeous cards, order soon - they were only able to obtain a dozen or two decks, as they are not commonly available, or mainstream, and they were first published in 2006 - so they will soon be OOP, I am thinking! They truly are astoundingly beautiful - I want to use mine for divination :) can't wait till they arrive!