"Le Carte delle Driadi" by Tizianna Mattera

Jewel

Well I just ordered the deck. Personally I love the Elf deck, I have it and it reads beautifully, I actually ordered it in Italian as the one I have is in German and I totally do not understand any German (still reads very well). Not sure how long it will take to get here, but I will report on it when I get it :D

oak_woman

I hope you love the deck as much as you love the elf one, Jewel!

Looking forward to hearing about it in due course :)

Jewel

oak_woman said:
I hope you love the deck as much as you love the elf one, Jewel!
You and me both!! I was quite impressed with how well I could read with the Elves, particularly since I do not speak German, but the readings I did hit home with people and that is what counts.

I will definitely pop in once I have read for someone with the Driads to let you guys know what I think of it as a reading deck.

Jewel

OK the deck arrived. It is very beautiful. The cards are bit larger than the Elf Oracle cards, and at least from the publisher I got them from did not come in a box, but came accompanied by a very bright orange bag. The book looks quite interesting, but as it is in Italian I will only be able to get the nuances of things (thank goodness I speak and read Spanish that really helps *LOL*).

Anyone who has and loves the art from the Elf Oracle will like these cards. It really is too bad that it is larger or I would have mixed the two decks together. All of the cards have trees with their respective tree spirits (driads). In most cards the driad is partially within the tree, but in several cards she/he (though predominantly female spirits by far) they may be sitting in the branches, or in one card for example the driad is actually outside of the tree all together.

They do not have the humor of the Elf Oracle, but there is something very epheral and special about them. Like the Elf Oracle I think these could be read intuitively, but for those that can read Italian or obtain a translation of the names and key words listed on bottom of each card then you have at least a key word to go by. The ones I could understand made sense and matched the imagery well, hence I believe that one could read intutively with them.

I am guessing that the names at the bottom are the names of the varying trees, but I am not sure. All in all I am very glad I got this deck.

On a side note, I also got the Italian version of the Elf Oracle, mainly for book but also hoping key words would be included as they are on the German version of the deck which they are not. The cards are of a thicker stock and squattier. I also prefer the quality of colors in the German version over the Italian. If you do not speak German or Italian but like the deck I would recommend the German version. It has everything and more than the Italian version, pretty borders, and is of a bit better card stock and printing quality. I will be looking to sell or trade my Italian version of the deck as it only includes the names of the Elfs and they are identical to the German version. I will however be keeping the book. Ohhhhhh, and the Elf Cards did not come with a box or a bag. The German version comes with a box.

oak_woman

Thank you Jewel for taking the time to describe your new deck :heart: It definitely sounds like one for the wishlist. I'm glad you felt it was well worth buying! Do you think that the German version would have more of the qualities of the German Elf Oracle (e.g. better cardstock, a box .... ) or is it difficult to tell?

oaks xx

Jewel

Hey oaks, it is possible, but I have not seen the German version of this Driad deck (have not looked for one either), but I would suggest looking at least to make a visual comparison. The card stocks of the Italian decks is not "bad". It is thicker than that of the German Elf oracle. It shuffles well and seems quite durable, so don't let the card stock detract you from the Driad deck :).

If anyone finds a place where one might see the German edition of this deck (if there is one), please post a link. I am curious to see if the German edition would have more decorative borders, and am curious to see what the bottoms of the cards would read like on that edition as well.

Aulruna

faunabay is right, this is the German edition!

However, you can currently only preorder it, as the estimated date of publication is September 10.

oak_woman

September 10 is drawing near (two weeks?) and I'm still wondering about whether to buy the German version of this oracle.

Now that a little more time has passed for those of you who have this deck, does anyone have any more thoughts to share?

I have still only seen two of the cards (the third image seems to be of the card back) and I'm finding it difficult to decide without seeing some of the other 42.

Does anyone know where there are any more images, or would anyone be prepared to scan/photograph a few of them PLEEEAAAASE?? :)

Jewel

If I had scanning capability I would be more than happy to do it, however I am not even connected to the internet at home (I really need to take care of that issue *LOL*). When I do I do have a printer/scanner that has been sitting in its box for like 2 years, but please do not hold your breath for me to follow through on this as I have been saying I am going to get the internet thing taken care of for about three years and still have not done it *LOL*.

I have not worked any with the deck, life has been quite busy and what little time I do have to myself I have been applying to my Dragon Fae/Fifth Tarot work and crystals.

I am really looking forward to making some time to get to know this deck. It really does have a special something about it, the artwork is very evocative yet there is a serenity about it too. I say get it, and get the German version. If you don't like it and it turns out to have the same differences as the Elf Oracle versions do I will be happy to work out a trade with you :D