Nisaba & AT: Japanese Tarot.

DownUnderNZer

Stunning art work. Really rather cool.

Not sure about the rumours, but she has been quiet on the home front recently so you just never know. ;)

Please address the rumors. Is it true that Nisaba herself posed for this one?

Thanks for letting me know about how you find the deck and that it is not easy to read.

Appreciated. ..

I have the Ukiyoe tarot, I got it from The book depository last year. It's a Marseille style deck and is pretty. I love the art on it but can't seem to be able to read with it

FLizarraga

I've never had the Ukiyoe, but I did have the Amano. Stunning, but REALLY hard to read with --for me, at least.

At first sight, the Ukiyoe seems both less dazzling (though still pretty) and more readable, but I'm not so sure about the second part. The pips seem rather blah. I don't mind "non-illustrated" pips --a misnomer if there's one, but you know what I mean--, but they have to be visually stimulating.

(I remember loving the awesome bizarreness of the Maddonni majors, but the pips were mindnumbingly lazy.)

Stunning art work. Really rather cool.

Not sure about the rumours, but she has been quiet on the home front recently so you just never know. ;)

I'm not surprised that Nisaba has been so quiet of late. Geisha training can be quite grueling.

DownUnderNZer

You are absolutely right about the gruelling work, but is she a Maiko (trainee of the Geisha art form) or a full fledged Geisha.

Are you sure she isn't the trainer herself? :D

If these Tarot are not readable then I would buy for the art and colors then. :)

I've never had the Ukiyoe, but I did have the Amano. Stunning, but REALLY hard to read with --for me, at least.

At first sight, the Ukiyoe seems both less dazzling (though still pretty) and more readable, but I'm not so sure about the second part. The pips seem rather blah. I don't mind "non-illustrated" pips --a misnomer if there's one, but you know what I mean--, but they have to be visually stimulating.

(I remember loving the awesome bizarreness of the Maddonni majors, but the pips were mindnumbingly lazy.)

I'm not surprised that Nisaba has been so quiet of late. Geisha training can be quite grueling.

FLizarraga

You are absolutely right about the gruelling work, but is she a Maiko (trainee of the Geisha art form) or a full fledged Geisha.

Are you sure she isn't the trainer herself? :D

Could she be the Supreme Maiko of legend, then? The one that emerged from the volcanos of Australia, a thousand years ago? :bugeyed:

DownUnderNZer

The 1000 years old part might in fact be true, but not sure about the legend. :D

Could even be older....

Could she be the Supreme Maiko of legend, then? The one that emerged from the volcanos of Australia, a thousand years ago? :bugeyed:

nisaba

Yep! Madhatter00o gave you the good information. It's an unusual and eccentric deck in many ways. It grows on you. :)

nisaba

Please address the rumors. Is it true that Nisaba herself posed for this one?

<grin> If you think I look like that, then go for it, fantasise as much as you like.

Gregory. I know you're eavesdropping. Wanna post a scan of your Queen Pentacles statue? <cackle>

DownUnderNZer

Good to know....thanks! :) May just become a collectible.

As for the "Necro" one... want to try it out and see.

Yes, he was very informative and helpful, a true blessing! :thumbsup:

Oh, the Amano is completely readable. Just not necessarily what you'd expect ...

Yep! Madhatter00o gave you the good information. It's an unusual and eccentric deck in many ways. It grows on you. :)