Robin Wood Study Group - 3 of Pentacles

Moonson

i agree with the "Master Craftsman" feel, and the joy in work, that the card shows.
This man really loves what he does, his smile shows that!

But, when it comes for me, i tend to read it has: attention to detail.
He is working with a hammer (? - ooold hammer i guess!) on feathers! He has to be eeextraa carefull or he will ruin the whole thing!

Jay-Bee

i agree with the "Master Craftsman" feel, and the joy in work, that the card shows.
This man really loves what he does, his smile shows that!

But, when it comes for me, i tend to read it has: attention to detail.
He is working with a hammer (? - ooold hammer i guess!) on feathers! He has to be eeextraa carefull or he will ruin the whole thing!

The hammer is a particular type used when carving stone (I think). It is possibly wooden rather than metal, so if he misses the chisel it wont damage to sculpture. I too love the book - got a signed copy from the Robin Wood website :)

Rubyron

On first seeing this card I thought of Daedalus, the master craftsman in Greek mythology who made the wings by which he and his son Icarus flew across the Aegean Sea. Unfortunately, Icarus disregarded his father’s warning and flew too close to the sun, melting the wax that held his wings together. Therefore I read a gentle warning in this card against over-reliance on technology and invention.

tarotbear

This is my personal 'take' on the 3 of Pents. The large Pentacle was inspired by the Pentacles in the Robin Wood deck.

I believe the master craftsman is working on an angel wing in a bas relief in a cathedral.

Attachments

• Pents 003.jpg
    Pents 003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 561

Nisha

I completely agree with the 'Master craftsman' interpretation of this card and I always think he is working on the wing of an angel too. He is working on the fine details, the delicate lines of feathers, with great love and focus and these finishing touches will lift this piece of art from ordinary to extraordinary. He has spent years perfecting his skill and is now in the position to get the respect and admiration he deserves.

I also wanted to share a recent experience with this card which expanded my understanding of it. I had 3 of Pentacles show up in a health reading and it clearly indicated having things looked at by an expert, going for a check-up.