Similar decks to the Playing Card Oracle?

Bhavana

Sorry to hear this..... when I saw the listing I read the size and didn't bother to check the ISBN. I would complain to the seller... that what you received didn't match the listing (you received the 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch cards and the listing said the 3 x 4-1/2 inch) and you want a full refund. Do it NOW! And let us know what transpires. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was disappointed for sure - but had a feeling it was just too good to be true! It is definitely the sellers fault, as the size listed was for the original deck. I sent her a message, but haven't heard back yet. I said in the message that I understood that it was probably not a deliberate thing on her part....

Not really a big deal, though. I can keep the deck as a backup, or give it as a gift, or sell it eventually. The thing is, when I ordered this deck direct from USG several weeks ago, it was $2 cheaper! Oh well. I suppose I could have messaged her before buying, to make sure it was the OOP original - but then I risked someone else getting the deck while I was waiting for her to respond.

I'll let you know if I hear back from her - but to be honest, I am not all that upset about it. I like the deck and don't mind having an extra.

Rhinemaiden

Since I bought an OOP USG original -- the same size as the vintage -- about a month ago from a different seller, I thought recent listing was for more of the same. In the future I will check listings more thoroughly before reposting. :(

Bhavana

Since I bought an OOP USG original -- the same size as the vintage -- about a month ago from a different seller, I thought recent listing was for more of the same. In the future I will check listings more thoroughly before reposting. :(
'

Oh noooo - please don't feel bad about this!!! It wasn't your fault. The listing said it was the bigger size deck, and there was no reason for you to believe it wasn't. I mean, what do we have to do, double and triple check with every seller that what they are selling is really what they say it is before we post a link? That would be impossible, not to mention a real pain in the @$$! This kind of thing happens now and then, it wasn't a disaster - so what can you do? I don't want you to feel bad about it though. I post links to sales a lot, and I don't double check them first. That is really the buyer's responsibility. Every purchase is a bit like taking a chance....and with this one there was a little voice in the back of my head that said it was too cheap, and it also occurred to me that it might be the new small size PCO. So it was no big surprise!!

I did hear back from the seller, and she apologized and offered to refund me both for the deck and the shipping, plus the shipping for me to send it back. I opted to keep it, after all, I was thinking a while ago about getting a second one. So this turned out to be no big deal at all!

Rhinemaiden

You are indeed a generous soul! Glad you heard back from the seller - I hope this will make the seller more careful about listings in the future. I know this is one seller I will shy away from -- I have others on my "avoid" list who have misrepresented items. Thanks for letting us know what happened and your decision to keep the deck. Double solitaire, anyone? ;)

Bhavana

I would think about shying away from such a seller as well - but I do think it was an honest mistake on her part. She wasn't familiar with the deck, and when she saw that USG had re-released it, she assumed it was the same deck as the first, and didn't think to check sizes. She was very gracious about it, apologized 3 times in one email - and did offer to do whatever I wanted to make me a happy customer. So for me, that is just as good as a sale that goes perfectly. (Even though I cried into my pillow all night because it I didn't get the OOP PCO for $9.95....I still can't think about it without getting all choked up...)

garmonbozia

Check these out (espec. you, garmonbozia, as I know of your fondness for that other erotic deck...)

thanks! very cool, I've not seen that transformation deck before. I need to search for transformation decks on ebay more frequently!

kalliope

I've just been loving this deck! For whatever reason, it hits the right note for me between psychological and predictive styles, in a way that I find suitable for most readings I want to do. I think it's the combination of the card meanings with the geomancy, both for the elemental spread structure (4-card or Cat) and for the generated court figures. I'm studying the Lenormand (and maybe regular PCs) for more strictly predictive stuff, and with tarot I often can understand individual cards well, but have trouble tying them all together into a coherent reading. For whatever reason the PCO readings just seem to click in my head, and I can finally give a somewhat decent general summary of my readings. They've been accurate, too (as in describing the situation or person), and really satisfying.

Anyone else having success with the PCO lately? I have a blog post draft in progress about one of my recent readings with the deck, but I'd love to chat with others about it here, too, and hear your experiences.

Is there a better thread to use to discuss the PCO deck in general? Like maybe this one:

The Playing Card Oracles by Cortez/Freeman ???

Should I have put this there instead? I posted here for now because it's the most recent active discussion about the deck, albeit mostly about purchasing and comparing the new editions...

ghost271

Im just waiting for my deck from Amazon, but i bought her book already. Im loving the Lenormand and want to learn PC and this seems like a good approach to it. Ive kinda taken her approach and applied it to Tarot. Ive taken out the Majors, use the Pages as children or messages, and the courts strictly as people and not aspects of ourselves. So far so good. If i want to know somebodies intent or motives then i'll pull a Major. Immeager to try her cards out.

garmonbozia

There are some interesting illustrated playing cards on Kickstarter right now.

Check out called "Pickle" (it's characters that look like pickles).
"Trifecta Poker" (cool racehorse designs on it)
and "Galaxy Cards" (planets, etc...)

For being an early backer, the artist of the Trifecta Poker deck sent me a proof deck. I must say that it's one of the best playing card stocks I have ever held. The cards are very pliable yet very durable and have a nice texture to them. I wonder what company he used.

I am really liking finding illustrated decks on Kickstarter. Most of these limited decks only do interesting things to the court cards and the aces, and the rest of the pips are left mainly untouched, but there are more and more fully illustrated decks appearing lately, and I love it!

garmonbozia

oh, also take a look at the "creepy doll" deck.
I simultaneously want one really badly and am afraid to have one in the house!