concerned for my mother - please clarify!

sophia

warm greetings from a humble and very new tarot resident! (i am a capricorn-tiger :eek:)
today i did a celtic spread (rider deck) for my mother who lives in europe - it struck me as very intense and powerful and knowing her and her current situation it frightens me. i would truly appreciate help and clarification on this matter. thank yous and hugs!!
i do realize that celtic spread lay-outs vary, so hopefully i can define it correctly to you all:

1. HIGH PRIESTESS - focus, heart of matter, primary factor.
2. THE TOWER - opposing factor, secondary factor, factor for change.
3. DEATH - REVERSED - root cause, unconscious influence, deeper meaning, unknown factor.
4. JUDGEMENT - past, receding influence, resolved factor, quality to let go of.
5. THE CHARIOT - REVERSED - attitudes and beliefs, conscious influence, goal or purpose.
6.THE STAR - REVERSED - future, approaching influence, unresolved factor.
7. 10 of PENTACLES - you as you are, .. see yourself, ...
8. 7 of WANDS - REVERSED - outside environment, ..as others see you..
9. 3 of WANDS - guidance, key factor, hopes and fears, overlooked factor.
10. 2 of PENTACLES - outcome...

best,
sophia

amyel

Hi Sophia. Let's see if another fellow Capricorn-Tiger can help.

You sure do sound concerned about your mother! However, as a new tarot reader, I think one of the things that has you scared are "the big three", as I call them appearing - Tower, Death & Judgement.

Without going into details about each and every card (because you can read just as well as I can), let me say that it appears to me from this reading that there is alot of change going on in your mom's life. This scares her and has left her feeling ungrounded. Does it involve the loss of money or maybe a messy divorce? The Tower & Death indicate alot of changes, some of the change as a result of an ending of something (Death) and some of the change as a result of her doing (Tower). Judgement also indicates a change, via a cycle ending as a result of a decison that has been made. So you see? Lots of change, lots of endings.

The High Priestess in her #1 position indicates there is alot going on under the surface, and often points to someone with deep intuition. The 10 Pentacles indicates she values her family and wants to leave a legacy - but the 7 of Wands reversed says that others see her as vulnerable and losing a battle. This may not be how *she* actually feels (but maybe she does). Combined with the High Priestess, there may be more going on then you realize. This doesn't mean it's bad stuff going on, just stuff she isn't necessarily telling you. If you are one of the people who sees her as vulnerable (as indicated by the 7 of Wands), then she may be selectively not including you in on some details.

The outcome card indicates she may have to work hard and also indicates she needs to make a decison. The money she is used to may not be there, but other money will appear. Perhaps most significantly, it says that she must learn to "go with the flow" for awhile. Since two's are also at the start of a cycle, it says to me that the outcome is the start of new beginning for her after she lets go of the old stuff that is giving her difficulties now. The High Priestess is also a two - and two's all deal with decisions that must be made. So, whatever is going on, it sounds like your mom needs to make some decisions.

The cards are very clearly advising that change is inevitable and that she needs to make a decision.

Did you try pulling an extra card for clarification on the cards that worry you most? You can, you know.

I'm sure that other more experienced readers will have more details for you.

Apart from any situation your mom may be in, my next free suggestion to you is to try to decrease your worries over her and offer her the emotional support I know a fellow Cappy-Tiger can. Funny enough, my mom also lives in another country from me and is also going through some very difficult and trying times. I found just allowing her to talk to me, to vent to/at me - and not taking it personally! - was a great help to her. Sometimes, cooing platitudes is ok, but sometimes - as my Taurus mom is not shy to tell me - it's just a pain in the a** and not helpful to her.

Best wishes and I hope your mom's situation improves - and I think it will, if she can stop trying to control the outcome.

sophia

thank you dear amyel for taking the time and interest to clarify some things for me! i do 'worry' alot about my, by the way taurus! mother - she has been MY daughter in many previous lifetimes and i have taken care of her since i was a little girl - i see her on the one hand as a very, very intuitive and mystical, and potentially incredibly 'powerful' woman - yet she comes across as very gullable (to me) - she is so 'innocent', 'smiley', and trusting - even at 66 years of age. i know what's happening (to an extent) in her life from a mutual friend (it's very urgent and heavy right now)- and some stuff from her, only because i'm so painfully direct and ASK straighout questions - she does keep a lot from me though and that's fine. i need to get my protective tiger gear put away for a while - it's rattling!
i love this forum - and am sure to learn lots more.
thanks to all.
sophia

MeeWah

Originally posted by wigwag on duplicate thread (deleted to avoid confusion):

I would like to give you my interpretation. Based on your layout of the Celtic Cross. I usually use a slightly different one as follows 1. what is affecting you at the moment. 2. What is helping you at the moment (always positive) 3. the root cause or what is behind the question. 4. the recent past. 5. what you are wanting. 6. the near future. 7 your worries. 8. others and how they influence things. 9. what you need to learn or experience. 10 outcome.
This is what I think your cards mean with your placement interpretation.

MeeWah

wigwag's post cont'd (with apologies to wigwag--sorry, post will not transfer in one piece):
1. HIGH PRIESTESS - focus, heart of matter, primary factor.
I would say that at the moment you are having to rely on your own judgement and intuition. You are very aware of what can't see but can feel. You may be using time to reflect inwards and study your situation and feelings.
2. THE TOWER - opposing factor, secondary factor, factor for change. Opposing your quiet reflection is a sudden or unexpected occurrence or realisation. The best thing to do when something you have not planned for happens is to go with the flow. As the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining and sometimes you need a shock to move you on to the next phase of your life and to help you grow spiritually.
3. DEATH - REVERSED - root cause, unconscious influence, deeper meaning, unknown factor. The reversed death card signifies that you do not want a situation to change and the situation is either stale and non moving or you are resisting hard any changes. Again the best course of action is to accept changes that are coming because they can open new doors and possibilities.
4. JUDGEMENT - past, receding influence, resolved factor, quality to let go of. This card suggests that you have recently had some kind of wake up call and started to notice what is happening around you when previously you may have been oblivious to it.
5. THE CHARIOT - REVERSED - attitudes and beliefs, conscious influence, goal or purpose. You are wanting things to go in the right direction and you are trying to control and balance the situation but are perhaps finding it difficult because you are being pulled to and fro. The chariot does though indicate that you are able to keep going in the direction you choose regardless.
6.THE STAR - REVERSED - future, approaching influence, unresolved factor. Near Future suggests you are dreaming or wishing for something and you need to see things as they are and not just wish them. You need to trust others and yourself and trust in the outcome. See what happens and dont wish for something you cant control. Wishing is a waste of time and energy.
7. 10 of PENTACLES - you as you are, .. see yourself, ...You see yourself as financially stable with a sound home environment. (perhaps you think this may be changed if you accept any changes you are trying to prevent).
8. 7 of WANDS - REVERSED - outside environment, ..as others see you.. You are a fighter. You carry on regardless and even with criticism you carry on and usually your right.
9. 3 of WANDS - guidance, key factor, hopes and fears, overlooked factor. This card suggests you have decided that action of some sort is needed and this card shows you starting out in some direction (travel, work or some other kind of action). You have made the decision and now you have to go with it.
10. 2 of PENTACLES - outcome... If things stay as they are then you may find that you are having to juggle your money and other assets to manage. You may find that you are doing a fine balancing act.

The morale of this reading because of all the major arcana suggests that a change is imminent and regardless of whether you want it or not it is going to come. The best thing you can do is to stop wishing things were different whilst trying to keep them the same. Go with the flow and you will find that everything will fall into place. Change whatever it is that you need to change!

Hope this helps. Please bare in mind that I am fairly new to the tarot myself and others please feel free to comment on the above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards
Heather
Date: 24 Jan, 2002 on 06:30

purplelady

ANOTHER Capricorn -Tiger here. I believe that my mother is 66. She doesn't live in another country, but lives in another state.And she's a cancer. I've never done her cards , I'm sure she believes tarot is "Evil". }> .We have a lot of difficulty getting along and hadn't spoken for months. However , recently we kind-of made up . I proceed with caution! I care about her because she is my mother but we are SO different.

amyel

purplelady (24 Jan, 2002 08:30):
ANOTHER Capricorn -Tiger here. I believe that my mother is 66. She doesn't live in another country, but lives in another state.And she's a cancer. I've never done her cards , I'm sure she believes tarot is "Evil". }> .We have a lot of difficulty getting along and hadn't spoken for months. However , recently we kind-of made up . I proceed with caution! I care about her because she is my mother but we are SO different.

Hmmmm....it would be interesting to study why we Capricorn-Tigers have mothers who live a long way away! Any other Cappy-Tigers have an Aquarian moon and/or a Libra ascendent????? This could be an interesting psychological/astrological study!

P.S. I just checked our profiles - and we were all born in the same year...yep, all 39!

sophia

dear all, ... and it was your 39th post to the forum, too, amyel! thank you all for the posts and i will respond to them all as soon as i can - here's just a quick note for the meantime.
blessings, sophia

sophia

dear MeeWah (heather), purple lady, amyel and all!

thank you heather for your gracious and extensive look at the spread i shared. it, too, helped me alot and your interpretations are right on in so many ways - and the moral of the 'story' is fitting too: stop wishing things were different while trying to keep them the same. my mother's fantasy- air castle world just came crashing down on her, and she is going to have to decide if she's going to continue in her marriage of 30 years or become 'available' again. a big decision - but she is not recognizing it as a decision that needs to be addressed. she wants everything in its purest form (she has not gone extra-marital or anything - at least not physically...) and then some. i finally got through to her today that she needs to go within and stop having 'false gods' i.e. a man/men for instance as her 'higher self'- men are men, the higher self needs to be addressed and tended to first - everyone else comes after that - at least that is what i've found to be the truth.

she is having a real hard time and i feel this is really a good lesson for her and that i can help her a little bit. my life has been so different - i went through all of my depression/closet smoking/eating disorder etc. stuff so severely until about 8 years ago - and now i am having a totally (with its own set and assortment of awesome waves) wholesome time with my journey - she's working her own schedule and that's great (!) - it's just nice to share and listen and care. and by the way - her and i never really spoke to each other until i was 30! that'd be a great discussion topic by the way purple tiger lady - us and our moms; i'm into it! maybe there is a special place for that on this forum...
anyhow; the tarot cards are amazing - i have learned sooo much from them in a short period of time - my husband loves them too and we do spreads and talk about things and deep issues (that would otherwise possibly be dominated by our 'egos)', in an imagery filled/tarot-y way - it has given us a new language to use! and we're disagreeing alot less too! we've only been married for a little over a year - so we're having fun working things out and journeying together as well.
best to all and thanks again for the thoughts and expertice.
blessings, sophia