Aeclectic Tarot

lou

flossmore chart first annotations

I had a look to both Solandia's and sender's first post chart.
One thing I happened to notice and would like to comment here.

The sender's chart has its IC in capricorn. This seem to me somehow narrating about AT forum long and stepped history foundations.
Capricorn as IC sign relates perhaps to the forum slow, even hard, troubled natals - as capricorn has to do with time and experience - and points out the fact this 'current incarnation' derives its power and force from a somehow learned, evolutional process from which it gained substance, form, and stability.

Capricorn for me is the sign who incorporates cancerian vital 'first breath' innocent vulnerability and transform it into pragmatical tools: the placement of the IC-FC axis in these two signs highlights well this process since it further remarks how much like Aeclectic forum 'adulthood' and 'becoming process' is matched with this dynamic of being 'reborn'.

By the way...
I would also add this...
This time we're are all making this work on AT origins is coincident to saturn passage at 6°32' cancer. Almost on perfect conjunction on AT True Node at 5°59'21".
...seems like AT was really ready for some 'pep talks' on its life purpose..!
but... this is other question!

Lou.

Minderwiz

It's also interesting to note that if we look at transits to the launch chart at the time of the first post in the Resurrection thread transiting Pluto is conjunct 'natal' Pluto - indeed it is separating by 1 MINUTE from the conjunction.

The Moon is also just separating from a square to Saturn by eactly the same distance. and transiting Saturn and natal Pluto are moving into an opposition - 6 minutes off perfection.

This seems to suggest cataclysmic things that are happening and the a significant transformation of the site. That the transformation will be positive is shown by the Sun of the first post charts applying to a trine to natal Pluto in the Launch chart, again by 19 minutes.

isthmus nekoi

do i have the right chart?

Had a quick look at the Aug 5/01 chart and woah.

Mars conj Pluto in 7th, opposing ASC conj Saturn. Not to mention the sign cusping the 11th is Aries, which leads one back to this configuration. Fortunately, it's not the other way around (Mars/Pluto on the ASC, Saturn in 7th)

Astraea

Excellent points, all. The current transits activate important areas of each chart.

Isthmus Nekoi, the first and seventh houses together comprise a single axis, one of the most critical of any chart; so whether the conjunctions and oppositions fall in the first house or the seventh, each is impacted equally. I read the August 5 (Brisbane) chart as having the most relevance to Solandia as Aeclectic's creator, and the August 4 (Flossmoor) chart as pertaining particularly to the membership as a body -- Aeclectic's current incarnation, but perhaps not the last. Solandia's tension about the viability of the new birth on August 5th are indicated by the Mars/Pluto/Saturn/Ascendant/Descendant interactions; she faced the possibility of further breakdown (oppositions), and experienced a sense of open warfare, so to speak, with the software system and server. Squares and oppositions signify friction that must find its outlet in action; this is why they are often experienced as painful. To the degree that we are open to change and flux in life, these aspects tend to reflect excitement, drive and challenge. No doubt Solandia experienced all of these emotions and orientations as she rebuilt the site and went on-line again.

Having reviewed each of the charts, I see the Original Publication horoscope of April 2000 as the "background radiation" or backdrop which gives the First Post chart(s) its context. Seen in another way, the First Post chart (with its tight grouping within the Mystic Rectangle) appears to me a complex jewel in a handcrafted setting (the Publication chart). Yet another way to view the charts is to understand the First Post(s) as Aeclectic's physical/etheric and astral bodies, and the Publication chart as its mental body.

The Publication chart of April 2000 shows only the North Node in water, at the critical 29th degree, the last full degree within a sign (I use the Mean Node's position); the Moon, symbolic of the membership, is also in the 29th degree of her own sign (Leo); the Moon is semisextile the North Node and quincunx (150 degrees) the South Node. To me, this indicates the need to carefully find one's way in the realm of emotion, as the quincunx indicates a great struggle of adaptation and adjustment. This is especially so here, because the Moon is in the 12th house of the unconscious and self-undoing; it is also the house of imprisonment, which in a sense is true of Aeclectic's membership, few of whom will ever actually meet and who are thus essentially "in the dark." The Moon in the same degree as the Nodes is in a fateful relationship with the remainder of the chart, and when that degree is the 29th, the message is underscored: the membership needs to be very conscious of a collective need to be aware of the many personal issues each of us brings to even the most seemingly innocuous thread.

The variety of strongly-held positions on Aeclectic has never seemed to me primarily a reflection of emotion, but rather will and passion expressed through emotion (emotion as their vehicle). It therefore doesn't surprise me that water is not much in evidence in the chart. Missing elements tend not to mean that the attitude or orientation signified by the element is lacking, but that the attitude is likely to appear in a more or less unadapted form. This underscores our need to think carefully before we commit words to "electronic paper." Moon is opposite Uranus, indicating the operation of a hair-trigger temper, but also the potential for great originality and the capacity to widen our collective horizon through thoughtful interaction. There are genuine feelings of goodwill among the membership, and strong individualities to be blended and balanced. Saturn's important role in all of the charts points toward a strong cohesiveness and bond between Aeclecticians: no lasting relationship is possible without such Saturnian linkages.

In the Publication chart, Saturn and Mars are conjoined; in the First Post chart, they are opposed. This is akin to "driving with the brakes on" and signifies (among other things) the start-stop nature of a forum, and the tendency to require a rebuilding process from time-to-time.

Aries and Libra are intercepted in (not appearing on any cusp, but wholly contained within) the first and seventh houses of the Publication chart; this is the Self-Other axis and refers to interaction and relationship. When a sign is intercepted, its opposite is intercepted, as well. This means that for every interception, two signs will cover the cusps of another pair of houses. In this case, Gemini and Sagittarius -- signs concerning communication, ideals, philosophies and learning (concrete and abstract) -- occupy the cusps of four houses: Gemini and the third/fourth houses, and Sagittarius and the ninth/tenth. These axes have to do with issues around authority, parents (and parent-figures), the meaning of success and the fruits of visibility, plus environments near and far -- wonderfully descriptive of the forum. The third house and Gemini are both related to siblings, which is how I see each of us.

Days can be spent studying charts, especially when one applies transits and progressions to them; all of these horoscopes are rich and filled to the brim with meaning, and it will be interesting to hear different views about them.

(Edited to add that the significance of Aries-Libra intercepted in the first-seventh axis -- their own axis in the natural chart, with positions reversed in the Publication chart -- refers to the necessary constraints placed upon forum relationships due to the limitations of the electronic medium, as well as the need to place oneself in others' shoes and to try to see issues from many points of view.)

lou

You do Isthmus for it was set up to study Aeclectic birth through three different charts, each one depending to a slight different view and accord on the meaning of 'birth' for this website:

- the first one linked to Aeclictic whole website is Solandia's date for her own first account, April 14th 2000;

- the second and the third - the 'Resurrection thread' - refer both mainly to the Aeclectic 'Community' part of the site, and there are two dates here since this new birth could be considered from the sender's ( Strange2 ) point of view, or Solandia's one. In one case it is taken into consideration August 4th, 2001, Flossmoor, United States, while in the second, we use time and location for Solandia, August, 5th, 2001, Brisbane, Australia.

All of this if I understood correctly what was written before.
(did I?)

Minderwiz

Astraea,

Thanks for the excellent run down of the relationship between the charts and some of the issues raised. I haven't had that much time to look and I think in a number of ways I've been concentrating on the 'trees' and need to pull back and look at the 'wood'.

However, I would like to add a few observations. Firstly Uranus is in Aquarius in the sixth. This is the House of dis-ease or ill health - Uranus is associated with sudden change or disruption and I take this as an indicator that the original Aeclectic had a 'health' problem of sudden disruptions or breakdowns - the crashes and eventual great crash.

Modern Astrologers would take Uranus as the ruler of Computers, so this might be seen as some evidence for that standpoint. Uranus is squared by the Mars/Saturn conjunction from the House of 'death' - death by computer crash ? Traditionally, Saturn rules Aquarius, so Saturn rules the sixth, suggesting dis-eases relating to the skeleton (framework) and the skin- (container) of the body The server might be seen as the container or framework of the website so server problems are a cause of dis-ease.

Interestingly, Mercury, who I take as the ruler of Computers, is conjunct with Venus who rules the eighth House of death. Indeed we have a classic symbol of death - a conjunction between the rulers of the first (Mercury) and the eighth (Venus).

At a more happy level, Mercury rules the ninth - spreading knowledge, learning, spiritual growth through computers and computers linked together - Gemini. Gemini appears to me an appropriate sign for the internet - a mesh of computer users all trying to do different things (mainly to do with learning, finding out, and being generally nosy) at the same time. It's a wonderful Gemini experience !

As Solandia gave life to Aeclectic, we could see her as Aeclectic's mother. The tenth is the house of mothers, again ruled by Mercury through Gemini - the computer theme again.

Venus, in Aries also trines Pluto in the third and sextiles Neptune in the fifth - Neptune in the fifth shows the hopes and dreams associated with converting a hobby/interest into something more, Pluto shows the intensity of effort involved in setting up Aeclectic which has something of a teaching function. Unfortunately weakly placed in Aries and the ruler of the eighth perhaps indicates that these hopes will not be fulfilled in this incarnation.

The point about the 29th degree is well made and I also notice that the South node is in close conjunction with the Part of Fortune, ruled by Saturn in the eighth.

Astraea

Minderwiz, those are interesting observations. I tend to view the so-called modern planets -- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto -- as "adjectives" modifying "nouns" (the classical seven planets); I, too, take Mercury to rule computers through its association with the broad area of communications, and I view Uranus as a significator of electrical effects. For example, either of Mercury's signs on the cusp of the eighth house of death (or Mercury afflicted in that house, or afflicting its cusp) might signify demise of a computer via "sickness" within its electrical matrix, especially with Uranus in the sixth and/or afflicting Mercury or the eighth cusp.

In both the Publication chart and the First Post chart drawn for Brisbane, I find Mercury ruling the first house; the first house is involved in deaths through its association with the physical body, which gives the ongoing potential for Aeclectic to need a lot of support and tweaking in the areas of software and servers.

Interestingly, Mercury also rules the fourth house of the grave in the First Post (Brisbane) chart; but as one of the planets involved in the Mystic Rectangle, hopefully any future potential for deadly crashes can be averted!

Minderwiz

Just a quick comment on the two first post charts.

The Sun is the final dispositor in both charts - the Sun in effect rules every other planet directly or indirectly. For a community and website that attempts to en-lighten, this seems very appropriate.

In the Brisbane chart the Sun is below the horizon, and the Sun 'prefers' to be above the horizon - to use technical term the Sun is a diurnal planet and is in 'Sect' when it is in a day chart.

If we look at the Flossmoor chart, the Sun is above the horizon, indeed it is in the tenth, so it gains dignity by Sect and it gains dignity by Triplicity as well, as the Sun rules Fire signs by Day. The Sun is more powerful in the Flossmoor chart.

Another planet that gain strength in the Flossmoor chart compared to the Brisbane chart is Saturn. In the Brisbane chart Saturn is below the horizon, and as a diurnal planet it too is out of 'Sect'. In the Flossmoor chart it is above the horizon and becomes the Triplicity ruler for the Air Signs, it is also in Sect. Indeed The Sun and Saturn are diurnal planets, placed in diurnal signs and in a diurnal chart - they are both well dignified by placement, I think this situation is called 'Hayz' by the early Astrologers.

Dorotheus of Sidon took Venus to be the Triplicty ruler of Water by Day, so Venus the Chart ruler would also gain dignity in the Flossmoor chart

Looking at the remaining planets, they are better placed according to whether they are nocturnal or diurnal in the Flossmoor chart than the Brisbane chart.

I find the Flossmoor chart a more optimistic and hopeful chart than the Brisbane one, this possibly reflects the joy of the membership at Aeclectic's second coming (Mel Gibson please note) this is perhaps symbolised by the strengthened Venus, in the ninth conjunct with Jupiter in its rulership of Pisces and conjunct the North Node, which is not only a benefic influence but a symbol of what is to come. What a journey is shown by that ninth house of long journeys! - Perhaps the membership were the real gainers from the Resurrection!

Astraea

Minderwiz said:
I find the Flossmoor chart a more optimistic and hopeful chart than the Brisbane one, this possibly reflects the joy of the membership at Aeclectic's second coming...perhaps the membership were the real gainers from the Resurrection!
That's how it seems to me, too, Minderwiz!

TemperanceAngel

Fantastic thread and work, congratulations!!!!! XTAX