Saturn return stories

LittleOne

I'm hitting my Saturn return.... I can feel it happening. Thie shifting and the crumbling and the WTFing.

Does anyone have an Saturn return stories they would like to share with me, with a "moral of the story"?

And is there anyone who doesn't subscribe to the idea of the Saturn return, and why?

dadsnook2000

Saturn Return, Saturn at the Asc.

My first Saturn Return brought feelings of having to take charge of life. One t/Saturn over my n/Asc. brought depression, unhappiness with what I was doing, and a job change a short time later. Since then, Saturn returns and transits have been mostly positive. Dave

LittleOne

My first Saturn Return brought feelings of having to take charge of life. One t/Saturn over my n/Asc. brought depression, unhappiness with what I was doing, and a job change a short time later. Since then, Saturn returns and transits have been mostly positive. Dave

I was a bit of a astrology fanatic early on and so I had read about the Saturn Return and thought, I'll prep starting from age 26, hahaha. I went and tried to take charge of things.... now I feel totally blocked! Every direction I want to go in is like a big fat "NO ENTRY". I have a long term goal, I have been making small steps in it's direction, but it's all a bit "Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200". *sigh*

Not long after I have my Saturn return it will be heading over my Ascendant too. That's a good heads up. Something for me to research further.

Oh cool! I just noticed you have a website - I'm going to go check it out :D

celticnoodle

I'm not very up on astrology, and quite honestly I haven't even heard of the Saturn Return, but it kind of sounds like the "Mercury in Retrograde" the way you describe it, Littleone.

How could I find out when Saturn returns in my own chart? I am interested in seeing what I will notice there. I'm going to go and google all about Saturn returns soon. Sounds like something interesting to explore. :D Perhaps, I can come back and update with stories of my own here then. :)

LittleOne

I'm not very up on astrology, and quite honestly I haven't even heard of the Saturn Return, but it kind of sounds like the "Mercury in Retrograde" the way you describe it, Littleone.

How could I find out when Saturn returns in my own chart? I am interested in seeing what I will notice there. I'm going to go and google all about Saturn returns soon. Sounds like something interesting to explore. :D Perhaps, I can come back and update with stories of my own here then. :)

It's meant to happen at least twice, even three times in your life. When Saturn returns to the point on the chart it was at when you were born. It takes about 28-30 years - so the first Saturn Return is at that age.

I definitely find it interesting because a lot of my friends are having mini meltdowns and crisis flashpoints, most of them would scoff at me if I even mentioned it to them though.

celticnoodle

UPDATE

okay, so the first page I opened after googling "saturn return, Libra" describes it as being with you the first day you are born for 29yrs, roughly. then, it returns and will be in my sign again each time it returns for roughly 2 and a half years. The way I read it, I need to pay attention to the zodiac sign it is moving out of as it moves into Libra?

The way I read it, I went through a huge maturation period at the age of 29ish--somewhere in this time period, and if I am understanding this properly, this is very accurate. Something big did occur for me at about this age, (I was 27/28 actually). It was a very good time for me though. And, if I am correct, I need to pay attention to it again at the ages of 58-60, which isn't too far into the future for me. I hope if I am correct, it'll be as pleasant the second time around. :)

Then, it mentioned something about the Cardinal Cross, which I take it happened in 2010-2012, which generally brings, (quoted here) " For many, there is a sense of doom and loss of hope.", and I did go through a horrible time a bit before - it was May of 2010 and did last about 2 yrs. So, it is possible, I guess to say this was affecting me at this time as well? Or does it only come into play roughly every 29yrs?

lots of newbie questions. I will read more on this--but just thought I'd ask about these two things right off. thank you.

eta:
and, ah! I see--the day/time I was born, Saturn was in Capricorn at 12 degrees, so I guess I need to read up on what it means to have Saturn in Capricorn at 12 degrees then, correct?

Samweiss

This is very interesting thread.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see when Saturn was making its return in my chart. That happened at the end of September last year (or it was returning to the decan where it was at my birth). That time had a shaping effect to me, to say the least. I was seeing a lot of weird dreams followed by experiences of psychic phenomena. I had started my spiritual practices (tarot and meditation) about 8 months prior to that, and suddenly I was experiencing these things I could imagine only in my wildest dreams. I also had huge difficulties with my daily chores and had really low levels of energy at that time.

Don't know if those things are related, but interesting none the less. Oh, I have Saturn at Scorpio in my natal chart btw.

junethird

Actually you should feel the effects of your saturn return a year or ao prior i believe. Well the good stuff anyway lol my saturn is in libra and retrograde and sitting on my 6th house. My work life was never a big issue with my saturn return. If anything i got more work responsabilities, promotions and a raise. It also brought in reinforcements to help me get through the slower working periods. Its finally out of my 6th house and now retro in my 7th but since my saturn sits natally on a relationship sign, and natally exhalted in libra, Its caused nothing but delays and upheveals in my love life. More dissapointments than usual, and past years but also less stress because im not sure how to explain it but im not less patient but more smarter, yeah lol my outlook on relationships did grow despite the barren and non fruitful experiences ive encountered. I put up with less bs and less drama. I distance myself More quickly and effctively now i suppose. I dont like saturn in scorpio much. Its a very lonely reconstruction phase. Its long and slow. Its for my greater good but you know can we please give me a love interest or two to keep me entertained? Lol NOPE says saturn. Saturn in scorpio is about yourself. It cuts your core values, hopes and dreams. It destroys them in the process. It makes you a shining example of how vital persistance and a believe in yourself. Its a bit like a cinderella story. Drags to riches. It really sucks but im pretty sure its worth it when it finally all comes together when you learn and understand why the situation, delays and blocks is happening to you. When you understand where you went wrong. How you did wrong. Where you messed up thats when you learn saturns lesson. Its really hard to see the rainbow amongst so much rain and thunder lol

You cant really prepare for it. You can hide. Because well no choices made in life is perfect. Its only by experience that we learn. And saturn is like hindsight 20/20.

Also saturn in scorpio is about second chances. Since scorpio is a sign of rebirth. So you get a chance to re do and re strace your steps to make your hearts desire and wishes fulfilled. But it will only work out for the greatest good if you accept your mistakes and make the necessary adjustments. If not if you play a victim then you miss out on many opportunities.

Saturn return in scorpio is also about instincts. This sign makes you more instinctual and perceptive thus allowing you to make smarter and more calculated decisions. It makes you understand your motives and other peoples motives more clearly and in a less emotional way.

Minderwiz

Well I had two Saturn Returns by the time I was 9 months old. I can't remember either of them LOL. The first was Saturn Retrograde over my natal position at age two and half months and the second when I was eight and half months, this time Direct.

The point is that Sometimes Saturn can really rub it in by transiting it's natal location in both directions, firstly direct, secondly retrograde and thirdly direct again. I caught the second two. From what I can gather I was not a well baby, my life was saved by the midwife.

The next one occurred when I was twenty nine and ten months. This time it was direct only. It occured just over a year after I was married. It came at a happy time. It also coincided with promotion at work, occurring in my second house of substance. Of more personal interest Saturn was in a partile sextile to Mars, ruler of the fifth house of children. It was also the month that we began trying for our first child. Saturn also ruled the eighth house of Death and we lost the first one through miscarriage but what was taken away was given back as the second pregnancy resulted in our beautiful daughter.

My next Saturn Return occured when I was 59 and in the month that I went into semi-retirement. I wasn't particularly well and neither was my wife, who was recovering from a heart operation. So I felt it was time to have more 'us' time. The return occurred in my sixth house of ill health and like my birth, this was the first of three transits over its natal location. Four months later, I ended up in hospital with blood pressure issues and the Retrograde transit occurred as I was trying to recover. Instead of being off work for a month as originally forecast I was off work for three months. That Retrograde transit had Saturn in the tenth and in a separating opposition to the Sun. Lord of the tenth. The last one occurred four months later. Although I had decided to return to work, I had to cut down my hours still further, to the equivalent of two days a week. This time Saturn was in the eighth and ruled the Ascendant. In effect these three transits marked the beginning of the end of my working life. Three years later I retired completely.

Whilst the one when I was 29 had some loss, it mainly led to happy times. The one when I was 59 marked the end of my career and not in a particularly good way.

junethird

I also wanted to add that saturn was also part of my ascendant last year in my solar return chart. He ruled my chart for one birthday year in capricorn. Who rules my natal 9th/10 house where i have only juno residing. It was a very dry period for me last year. Pretty barren and not profitable at all. I felt old and tired alot. I didnt have big health issues but i did have a BIG interest focusing in health. Which im still not sure where it came from, but i was onsessed with staying and looking young and fresh. Preserving my youth, vitality etc BUT in an organic way. I went through a big organic phase and re organized my kitchen and upgraded some lifestyle choices. Everything i bought and invested in was for my physical self. Which meant better products be it food or beauty products. It was an expensive and high maintenance year overall.

So saturn in capricorn for me was about staying updated and currant to preserve my lifestyle and my physical self. Which makes sense since the ascendant rules the image you project to the outer world. So it was like a physical makeover in a way.