"Will I get back with my ex?" Spread

biddy9

Hi there,

As a professional reader, I often get clients asking if they will get back with their ex. I have previously used spread such as the horseshoe and celtic cross, but decided this time I ought to create my own!

So, here is the 'first draft':

How the relationship used to be –
What lead to the end of the relationship –
What was the most important lesson from the separation –
Where the relationship currently stands –
What are obstacles need to be overcome to renew the relationship –
What are the opportunities for you to focus on to facilitate a reunion –
What needs to change within you to facilitate the relationship –
What needs to change within your ex to facilitate the relationship –
What is the true potential for the relationship in the future –

I would be interested in your feedback. Any ideas on additional cards to use? My preference is to focus less on the other person's feelings (as this enters into a third party reading) and more on the client's feelings and what they can do within their power to help the relationship.

One gap currently is that what if the relationship is really not meant to be? Are there sufficient cards in this spread to identify this?

As for layout, I don't usually think too much about this! So, if you're a creative one, happy to take suggestions!

Thanks,

Biddy

judylea1

Get back with ex layout

What a great idea. I wondered if you lay the cards out in a row, or you form a shape (like the cross in the celtic cross). Regarding the "was it meant to be" card, I would suggest adding a card to this layout. This would give it a numerical value of 10 cards, better than 9. I would place this card after the "What are the opportunities for you to focus on to fascilitate a reunion" card and call it "Is there a spiritual opportunity for this relationship?" This is a way of asking the question without coming right out and saying "Was it meant to be?" which may be a little tough for some people to hear.

Gwynne

Ah yes, the "will he come back to me" question! I think it definitely needs at least one "was it meant to be" card. So many times people want the relationship to work out and don't even consider if it should!

It's a hard question to answer and having a spread would be very nice! I'll have to think about how you could do the layout though.

wandking

Consider creating a 10th postion (ten is a number of transition) and perhaps lay the cards in a circle, with that 10th card as a link that ties the spread together in a cycle of life. That final position could have something to do with a Karmic question involving whether the relationship is meant to be in the current life cycle.

BreeRose

I like Wandking's idea of having a tenth card. But doesn't the "true potential for the relationship in the future" position answer the question of is it meant to be? If you added a tenth card along these lines, would the 9th card be redundant?

bladeraven

what an interesting spread...what type of spread do you use for this though?? is it possible you can post a diagram..

bladeraven

an idea is to maybe break the cards in rows...a past, a present and future outlook??

Stregaverde

Nice!

This is a great idea! Well thought out, too.

I would add another card, and put it in the #9 position, moving the current #9 to #10, and lay the cards out in a circle. In the 9 spot, the question would be, "What advice is there about this relationship" or "What do I need to realize about this relationship". That leads then into the outcome/potential card at the end, and gives another possibility for input, especially if this relationship is not to be.

The only other thing that I would change would be to word #5 as "What obstacles need to be overcome if this relationship is to be renewed".

Nifty spread, it's going in my notebook, thanks biddy!

bladeraven

I really can't wait to see a diagram of this spread..sounds good

bladeraven

how are you going with this spread?