The Dark Angels Tarot

Golden Moon

cardlady22 said:
Llewellyn

*Rolls eyes and places hand close to mouth* No wonder.

rwcarter said:
Yes, as cardlady22 said those are Llewellyn decks distributed by Llewellyn. But as I said earlier, Llewellyn also distributes Lo Scarabeo decks, which have different cardstock than Llewellyn decks do although they're distributed by the same company.

Rodney

:)

heron

At last! Me too!

OctoberGwen said:
I don't need more decks. I have enough on my wishlist. Then I opened the thread, and looked at the scans of this darkly beautiful creation...

I just preordered it from amazon. I hope it's as amazing in person (gregory!) :)

Finally a really dark-looking deck that has style. I actually bought the Vampires: eternal night, or whatever the thing is called (the naff one that looks like B movie stills) but sold it on because "imho" it's orrible - but this deck i just KNOW is going to be gorgeous. Can hardly wait for the preorder to arrive.

- so now that's Tyldwick, Egypt's, the Hogwartsy Wizards one AND this beauty to look forward to. (and the toy alethiometer) Woohoo.

gregory

I hope you don't expect the toy alethiometer to WORK. All the ones I have seen have been plastic rubbish; so was the fancy wooden one. If you actually want to use one - the on line one Lillie uses is the way to go. Download that and - be hooked. Not that I can read it, but I love to watch it spin :D

Aerin

Golden Moon said:
I don't think so, my best friend owns the Gilded Tarot and Legacy of the Divine Tarot and both card stock are horrible. They bent and chip easy.

So it's Llewellyn :).

(Oh, Ok, in my rush to reply I didn't notice the subsequent conversation but I leave this here as there are some links you may find useful, and also you may want a non-Llewellyn box/ want the deck early.)

I do think so, and no it isn't Llewellyn.

Llewellyn publishes decks including the Legacy and the Gilded. I agree, quite often the cardstock is warpy and weird.

Lo Scarabeo publishes decks completely independently from Llewellyn. Llewellyn put their logo on LS decks and sell them in North America as they have the distribution rights. They do not publish Lo Scarabeo decks: Lo Scarabeo does that.

In Europe the Lo Scarabeo decks are in different boxes - same pics, just the LS logo. You can also get Italian language boxes. I have some of them. It's a whole independent company all to itself http://www.loscarabeo.com/

If you want a non-Llewellynised box (a word???) then buy from Alida http://www.alidastore.com/indexen.html - pages 6 and 7 have the Italian edition boxes (I have a Fey in an Italian language box, contents are identical to the English boxed one, "Tarocchi delle Fate") and page 8 has the English edtion ones. Page 12 has the v. expensive limited edition on special paper decks. (Of course, go through an Aeclectic link if you buy.)

Also buy from Alida if you want the deck when it is released in Europe. The decks need to be shipped to the USA before Llewellyn can start selling them so the release date is always later.

Dark Angels is out now in Europe.

Aerin

heron

gregory said:
I hope you don't expect the toy alethiometer to WORK. All the ones I have seen have been plastic rubbish; so was the fancy wooden one. If you actually want to use one - the on line one Lillie uses is the way to go. Download that and - be hooked. Not that I can read it, but I love to watch it spin :D

Thanks, Gregory, for your concern.

Yay - the alethiometer came this morning, and it's better than I expected. Yes, plastic "rubbish" of course, but fun, & it does work, in its own plastic & 'what-did-you-expect' way. For the money, it's quite well presented, too.

I have been using the online one for some time, but felt like having a tangible toy too, that doesn't depend on the pooter being online.

The hard part of using both is deciding how to express a question, but the responses seem nicely fate-ish and actually quite deeply though-provoking, but maybe I'm just easily pleased.

gregory

Great. I have just seen so many AWFUL toy ones ! And Lillie gets startling results with the virtual one !

Hemera

I just received my copy from Alida and it is *really* gorgeous :love: It is much better than I had expected. No naked&busty ladies. A lot of sad beauty. I´m not really into the story about the Angels saving humans etc. I like to invent my own stories. But with this deck it is possible to do just that.
I´m still saying it´s a lot like Archeon which I love but can´t read with. I wonder how this one reads..

gregory

Well. I used it in an exchange here already... :)

Aerin

It read well for me. It said that its strength was helping me shed light on dark places, but that it wan't going to be much use if I wanted to feel happier - it'll show me what needs changing but not so much about how to do it.

Hemera

Wow, this sounds interesting, Aerin!
Where is the reading you used it for Gregory? I could not find it..