a question on the Prague (MRP) deck...

Padma

Hi! For those of you lucky enough to own the actual book that goes with the MRP Baba Studio Tarot of Prague deck, (and not the LWB) can you please tell me why the Ten of Wands is an odd little wooden puppet guy? Every time I see him, the image kind of stymies me, for some reason.

The LWB does not describe the reason they chose the images, so any enlightenment on this card would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

AJ

this card?

I sold the deck so can't help, but with the image someone else might

Stormdancer

A wee quote from the book....

"The image shows a puppet figure that has just struggled up some very long and steep steps clutching a bunch of oversized wooden wands. He looks drawn and almost in pain. His face is masked, as though even his facial expressions are repressed by some external control. The image of a puppet is an ideal metaphor for the Ten of Wands as it is, of course, a slave to it's master. Puppetry is a tradition in Prague...."

Helpful?

Padma

Good point, AJ, I should have put some pics in there.

Sorry they are a bit blurry - for some reason, my blackberry hates taking pics of tarot or crystals :p

While we are at it, please can you also tell me for what reason the Page of Wands has a bird's nest on her head...? Does it have to do with messages, Mercury, or just some kind of Prague thing in general...?

Thanks for any and all clarity you can shed on these vexing questions!

Attachments

• IMG01623-20131005-2045.jpg
    IMG01623-20131005-2045.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG01624-20131005-2046.jpg
    IMG01624-20131005-2046.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 192

Padma

A wee quote from the book....

"The image shows a puppet figure that has just struggled up some very long and steep steps clutching a bunch of oversized wooden wands. He looks drawn and almost in pain. His face is masked, as though even his facial expressions are repressed by some external control. The image of a puppet is an ideal metaphor for the Ten of Wands as it is, of course, a slave to it's master. Puppetry is a tradition in Prague...."

Helpful?

Yes! Thank you so much, Stormy! <3 I am very grateful! :)

Another reason one should always buy the books that go with the decks, lol! But by the time I bought the deck, there was no more book to be had...

karen0205

Want me to scan the page from the book and email it to you?

AJ

Sorry...I actually had an image, just forgot to paste it in
Good thing there are brains here greater than mine...

Padma

Want me to scan the page from the book and email it to you?

Karen, sure, that is a very kind offer! As I already now know about the Ten Wands from Stormy, would you kindly send me a page on the Page Wands? The one with the bird nest on the head? Thanks ever so much! :D

No probs, AJ, I saw you'd just not put in the link ;) glad you prompted me to put in pics! I had forgotten that might be important, lol!

karen0205

sure, just pm me your email address