A casket tarot box...but need more?

kmartin60

Just needed a quick opinion(s)....grins about a tarot contaner Im making....

I have the "Gothic" tarot by Vargas, and decided to make a "Coffin" tarot box for it...(The paper box's doesnt hold up well at all!) but my question is this...I got the pattern all mapped and designed out but also wanted to add extra's like beads and such but what color sounds best?

I know I will embroider or use silver beads (small ones) to make the illusion of the hinges and handles and such, but also really like the idea of adding more "bling"to it...say either red, or silver or even shiny black or gold extra beads...but cant seem to settle on what color....would love to see what others opinions are.

(The casket will be not just the box shape but the curved mummy style box sorta....)

Any ideas? Thanks so much, my muse has left the house! Bright Vampire halloween Blessings, Kim

le fey

Purple, maybe?

Tarotphelia

You could probably find perfect miniature hardware suited for a casket at a dollhouse store , probably inexpensive . And then save your beading /embroidery skills for fun things like bats and symbols . But - your question was about color .. I guess it depends on what color you are making the body of the coffin . Maybe pick something that goes with the cards ?

Disa

IS the coffin black, like the background of the cards? I would think blood red beads would look great with it.

MAybe you can post up a picture when you're done- how exciting.

Disa

Grizabella

Blood red beads. What else? I'd make sure they were "dripping" from the casket. Oh, and make sure they're faceted, so they glitter like wet blood. :D

willowfox

If the casket is black as it should be, then I would go with gold, like for Count Dracula's casket.

Anam Cara

ever make beaded flowers km? maybe a beaded flower funereal wreath on top of the casket/box....dark red roses or perhaps calla lilies??

LOVE the idea...hope you post a photo when you're done!
:heart:cara

raeanne

kmartin60 said:
(The casket will be not just the box shape but the curved mummy style box sorta....)
Is this going to be more like a sarcophagus? If so, then you could decorate it in an Egyptian motif.

kmartin60

I have searched EVERYWHERE for a pic of the "Empress" from this deck, behind her is the coffin Im going to be making....its narrow at the bottom, slowly widening as it goes up and the top is rounded by 3 angled planes...so sorta a curved top!
/~\ (move squiggle up higher) LOL lousy example!

The deck is all blacks and misty greys, with a dash of blood red every now and then...so I was thinking of using black plastic canvas to fashion the coffin, and using black yarn to do dimensional additives attaching my beads as last embellishments. (Probably using red or silvery grey to match the cards)

Now only decision left is whether to make its top like a shoe box...just pops down over, or more like a flap....using a silver bead (handle) with a black string to tie it down...unseen on the side....Also on most of the cards are silver pentacles....maybe bead or embroider it on the top of casket?

I cant wait to start it this afternoon! Next time my daughter comes in I will have her bring her dig. camera and take picture.....almost got all my decks in their own little homes!

Have a great "Vampy" day, Kim