Gustave Dore Bible Tarot

gregory

Hum. Has anyone else tried to order ? My Visa was just rejected - it is perfectly fine. Are we worried (Ukraine and all that - there have been Bad Russian Sites before now...)

ETA Erk. I now have an email in Russian. I have answered in English (I used google translate) but... Hm....

Soaring Eagle

Is this deck supposed to have 13 cards or 14 cards in the minor arcana? I noticed that wands has cards 1-10 and page, knight and king. Cups has 1-10 page, queen, king. Swords has 1-9 with page, knight, queen, and king. Pentacles has page, knight, queen, king, but is missing card 3.

JSNYC

mmm. Odd. I find this tarot deck deeply sinister and yet I don't find Gustave Dorés illustrations at all sinister
I find myself unable to form an opinion. (Quite unusual for me. :) )

Hum. Has anyone else tried to order ? My Visa was just rejected - it is perfectly fine. Are we worried (Ukraine and all that - there have been Bad Russian Sites before now...)
The copyright at the bottom says "Humanworks Technologies llc", a search online comes up with this address: http://www.humanworks.com.ua/

The phone numbers are the same... I am not sure what "Recruiting & Outsourcing, Consulting & Training" has to do with Tarot cards. I would certainly monitor your card unless someone else can verify their authenticity. (I don't speak Russian either.)

gregory

They (apparently) use moneybookers who are SUPPOSED to be OK - but yes, I am watching with GREAT care ! Thanks for that !

PS - and I had never used the place before but went to their main site independently of the Dore site and the details I just entered are properly recorded, at least....

JSNYC

PS - and I had never used the place before but went to their main site independently of the Dore site and the details I just entered are properly recorded, at least....
Yes, not seeing anything to indicate they are not legit. The domain (dorebibletarot.net) is registered to: CSL Computer Service Langebach GMBH D/B/A Joker.com

I am always paranoid about online stuff. :)

gregory

I'm not, just very very careful.

And nothing has hit my credit card yet :) And the moneybookers site shows I have never done more than show up !

Oops though - that EVIL Russian VisualTarot site was registered in Germany too.... and the PLACE and the MAILING ADDY are in the Ukraine.... Hmmmmm.

Luckily the bank my Visa is with are VERY good when anything DOES go nasty. And I did check the actual moneybookers site.

Minotauro

mmm. I should like this. But it feels quite heavy-handedly Biblical. And, yes, I know it's called a Biblical Tarot

Was it always called the Gustave Doré Bible Tarot or was it previously just called the Gustave Doré Tarot?

Is it supposed to be a deck for Christians who find traditional tarot imagery a bit too demonic? That's a genuine question. I love Dorés art but I suppose when I kept seeing the name around I thought it would have illustrations from (for example) the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dante, Paradise Lost, la Fontaine. These ones all seem to be from his illustrations for the bible, which makes me think the creater wanted to create more a specifically Biblical Gustave Doré Tarot rather than just a Gustave Doré Tarot

I understand you , but , I guess in the bible as in any other series of books you can find the same archetypes , I actually cant belive I had not ehard of this because lately I had been thinking about how many of the bible passages could be tarot cards

king solomon is great as the emperor!

this is no diferent (to me al least) from the alice in wonderland tarot or the lord of the rings tarot, with the diference that this ilustrations are great!

now I dont know how I feel about the pasages chosen for certain cards , but it's worth the chance. I guess I strill dont know if I want it , but that's not because it is a bible thing

Minotauro

Is this deck supposed to have 13 cards or 14 cards in the minor arcana? I noticed that wands has cards 1-10 and page, knight and king. Cups has 1-10 page, queen, king. Swords has 1-9 with page, knight, queen, and king. Pentacles has page, knight, queen, king, but is missing card 3.

no they are there they are just not in the right order.

JSNYC

Oops though - that EVIL Russian VisualTarot site was registered in Germany too.... and the PLACE and the MAILING ADDY are in the Ukraine.... Hmmmmm.
Joker.com is just the domain registrant. That could be "normal".

Luckily the bank my Visa is with are VERY good when anything DOES go nasty.
Yeah a credit card (as opposed to a debit card) is fairly safe, you can always claim fraud and just not pay. The information looks "hokey", but I have found most of these (Russian) sites even if they are legit are fairly hokey. A cause for concern, but not alarm. Never can be too careful. :)