Working for an online tarot service

WiseOakReiki

I have been doing in person reading for a while and I'm ready to take the next step and do readings through an online service. I feel this would be a good next step for me to earn money and do something where I can set my hours since I'm also a full time student as well as growing my tarot/reiki/hypnotherapy business.

Do any of you have experience doing phones/video/email or chat readings for online companies? I have started doing research but there isn't that much information about the topic in terms of what it's like being a reader.

I understand there are some downsides in terms of not choosing the clientele and such. And I have also been told to avoid any service with a webcam as many people mistake them for a sex line. I just want to make sure I'm going to get paid and that the amount of money I make is actually worth the time I put it.

I'm especially interested in those of you who are working for companies now and why you are happy or unhappy doing it. What works and what doesn't? How much money can you realistically make? What method do you prefer (phone, chat etc) and why. Any tips on how to market yourself within these companies etc.

Any advice, experience, or resources you know about would be SO appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Nemia

I do readings for a phone app - they were lookingn for readers here on AT, and I was curious so I signed up. This app provides personal readings - I don't copy stuff from anywhere but look at the spread and cards and information about the client (age, sex, zodiac sign, relationship status, emplyment status), and take it from there.

I write the reading down directly on a website. There is no direct contact with the client, and I don't know how precise my readings were - that's a pity. Nevertheless, it's a very good way to give many readings.

There is a number of spreads and three different decks clients can choose - two of these decks I find difficult to read so I'm always glad when clients pick the one I like better ;-)

If I can't do the reading, if the cards don't make sense somehow, I can opt out and get another client.

The money is not much, $ 2.2 at first and now a bit more, and I can't do more than 20 cards/day. But there is a steady stream of reading requests, and whenever I wish to earn a bit, I can go to the site and just start. I don't have to advertise or convince people. It's tarot reading pure, no hassle. If I do my 20 cards, I have earned $40, and that's fine.

I try to do my very best, and it's fun. I was suspicious at first and was not sure that the money would really come in, but it did. I had months with $800, $400 and $100, depending on the time I had.

I've been reading tarot for many years, and have done quite a number for friends - never for strangers. Reading online from home is a nice, peaceful, flexible solution to keep my tarot muscles in good form and steady little sums of money coming.

Cocobird55

I do readings for the same phone app as Nemia does. I've been doing them for quite a while, and I enjoy it. I read for 2 - 3 hours day.

I would like feedback from the anonymous people, but oh well.

tarotlova

Can I ask who the company is? Just curious :)

kduphily

I would like to know as well, very courious

Aunty Anthea

The money is not much, $ 2.2 at first and now a bit more, and I can't do more than 20 cards/day. But there is a steady stream of reading requests, and whenever I wish to earn a bit, I can go to the site and just start. I don't have to advertise or convince people. It's tarot reading pure, no hassle. If I do my 20 cards, I have earned $40, and that's fine.

Question: By 20 cards/day, do you mean 20 readings of 1 card each?
1 reading of 20 cards?
2 readings 0f 10 cards?
4 readings of 5 cards each?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Nemia

20 cards each day. There are spreads of one, two, three or four cards. Sometimes the last spread of the day pushes the number of cards above the limit. But after I have finished my readings and the 20 cards limit is reached, the site won't give me more clients.

The guy who developed the app wrote about it here on AT, that's where I noticed him. The site is called Didilabs.

WiseOakReiki

20 cards each day. There are spreads of one, two, three or four cards. Sometimes the last spread of the day pushes the number of cards above the limit. But after I have finished my readings and the 20 cards limit is reached, the site won't give me more clients.

The guy who developed the app wrote about it here on AT, that's where I noticed him. The site is called Didilabs.

Nemia,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences!

Obsydian

I work for the same app! Since I got let go from my job, it's been keeping me with insurance and paying back my loans until I get back on my feet. Bless them.

I also sometimes hop online with StarzPsychics. The owner is really sweet and it's a friendly atmosphere. It's chat readings, and you can do voice as well. Everyone online gets equal promotion as the listings randomize every few minutes. I don't often get readings from it, but I'm not online as much as I'd like to be, however others have had great success. :)

Aunty Anthea

Thank you very much for explaining that, I was a little confused ;)

I was thinking that I might rather to do something similar to that, I wonder if there are any decent sites in the UK.