How Can I Get Into The Farmer's Market?

mac22

Just a suggest..... if TPTB seem cool to the idea of Tarot reading offer to do sample readings for them for free. Better yet offer to do 2 Saturday readings in a stall for free so TPTB can see how it goes.... Once they see you don't have 2 heads, do it in a business like manner, in daylight w/o their fears, whatever they are, coming true you should be able to read w/o further problems.

I'd also leave the gypsy garb for another time & place ...causal business attire works well in these situations in my experience.

What you are doing here is changing preconceived notions, fears & misperceptions. I'd also slant my readings to the "therapeutic" psychological side vs the intuition/mystical side.

If you don't know what I/we mean by "therapeutic" join any of Mary's therapeutic" threads.

Mac22

Feretian

Grizabella said:
you could run out at stop lights and do one-card readings on people's car hoods

Hey! I like that idea! :p:p:p

I will find out my town's regs, Griz...I don't have to be in the market....

mac, I'd feel really silly in gypsy garb :p

Good suggestions...Keep 'em coming, please...looks like I'm not the only "Market Shut-Out" here!

ETA: I'm a "therapeutic" type reader...way too pragmatic to get all psychic and elfydusty :p

mac22

Feretian said:
mac, I'd feel really silly in gypsy garb :p

Good suggestions...Keep 'em coming, please...looks like I'm not the only "Market Shut-Out" here!

ETA: I'm a "therapeutic" type reader...way too pragmatic to get all psychic and elfydusty :p

My point don't squick TPTB/vanillas...:D

OOOO..... elfydusty... a new term of art.... :laugh:

Mac22

Grizabella

So make up a few of something to sell and then offer Tarot readings as a bonus or something. You're selling something you've made, after all. Anyone who buys something can get a reading, but price that "something" as the cost of a reading or else put out a tip jar for the readings. That's what I'd do.

I forgot to mention that they might change the location of the market the next week and not tell you where they went. :p

re-pete-a

Dont know about over there, but here there is a license available called a busking permit.

Theres also a hawking permit that allows you to sell door to door .

Ask your local council office whats available , but not what it's for. At least not until the license is aquired.

Calling yourself a card /tarot reader may be enough legally.

That idea of selling lucky charms isn't a silly idea either. It certainly could be used for aquireing PRIVATE readings , by providing a card ( lucky 10 c ,"Get out of hell free" ticket). Or something that takes your fancy .

Yep, can see it now, "Get your lucky ferret fingy 'ERE" !

PS, dont rub your paws together after every sale, it makes the clients nervous.

It's just come to mind that you may be the only licensed person there , which will gain leverage because not all want to PAY to sell.