Mary EL Tarot is finished!

Le Fanu

All of those cards are simply ravishing! I want that deck asap!

When? Where? What do I have to do?

baba-prague

Oh wonderful! Congratulations Marie, I always knew the deck would be very special.

greycats

Congratulations, Mary

Beautiful! That last card almost seems like a summation. What a triumph!

Brigid

Congratulations Marie!!!

What stunningly beautiful cards! I hope Marie has a smooth run with the production process.

Can't wait to get a copy of these!

Melvis

Congratulations, Marie! I've so enjoyed watching this process unfold! Now there will be a deck at the end for all to enjoy!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

MareSaturni

I'd like to congratulate Marie for her stunning and finally complete deck, but i'd also like to let her know what a FANTASTIC idea it was to make a small website with her daughter's cards.

Have you seen the Sophie's Tarot? It breathes innocence. I love it, it brings to me vivid childhood memories of those times in which we just expressed what was in our mind without worrying if it was perfect or not. We become such boring perfectionists sometimes when we grow up.

I think Marie was amazing not only for letting her child draw a tarot deck, but also for stimulating her to do it the way *she* wanted. Some artist mothers out there could hinder their children by expecting some kind of aesthetic perfection, but Marie didn't do it and that's just great to see :)

I feel happy! :D :D :D

Debra

Add me to the list of fans. My friends have the majors deck and it was all I could do to keep myself from pocketing it as I walked out the door.

Manda

Wow! I knew it was going to be good, but I am really speechless!

Congratulations on a fantastic endeavor!

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
All of those cards are simply ravishing! I want that deck asap!

When? Where? What do I have to do?
It seems that you just have to add it to your wishlist. ;) ;)

If you read her blog post, she's evidently going to re-work some of the cards, but is definitely planning on publishing.

While I *love* 99% of the cards, I hope that she includes an alternative Hierophant card!

That being said... what an accomplishment. Just. Wow.

ETA: from the blog post:
Marie said:
I’ll try to get back with more info later. I need to do a more official write up for this card. This isn’t the end yet, its just the completion of a giant step. I still need to do a card back, touch up and/or repaint several cards, write the book and get it published.

I have chills wondering what she's going to do for the card backs! :bugeyed:

weaver

sravana said:
If you read her blog post, she's evidently going to re-work some of the cards, but is definitely planning on publishing.
Does anyone know if Marie is planning to independently publish this?

There have been only two "in the works" Tarot decks that I have been REALLY interested in for quite a long while. This is one of them. (Gaian Tarot is the other.) Low and behold, after being in the works for so many years, BOTH might be available to us soon!

In a weird way, I actually hope that they are not released too close together! I am going to want plenty of one on one time with each of them. Still, this is VERY exciting news and, the reality is, as soon as (and whenever) this intensely beautiful deck is available, I am buying it!