Mary EL Tarot is finished!

thorhammer

I'd just like to echo everyone else's words, and if you peek in here, Marie, please keep us up to date with your plans :) This is such a work of art, words are inadequate. I find your work terrifying and so uplifting all at once, and I really pray, like Le Fanu, that your choice of publisher does it justice in production :)

\m/ Kat

Sulis

Congratulations Marie :)

karenquilter

Congratulations! This deck is on my wish list.
K

MaryElTarotFan

YES, you don't know how thrilled I was when I saw the last card was done.
Its been a journey with me watching first all the MAJORS go up then the publishing of the MAJORS ONLY deck then the minors going up and images for some cards come and go...EVEN her daughter's Tarot efforts were charming

NOW for the publishing. This will definitely be MY deck.

Hedera

Whohoooooo, that is SO exciting!!!!

Congratulations Marie!!!!

I've had the majors-and-aces deck for years, often take it out to look at it; while I've glanced at some of the minors here and there, I think I'll avoid looking at all of them.

This is a deck I am absolutely sure I am going to buy as soon as it's available anyway, and it will be great to 'meet' it in it's entirety then.

sravana said:
If you read her blog post, she's evidently going to re-work some of the cards, but is definitely planning on publishing.

While I *love* 99% of the cards, I hope that she includes an alternative Hierophant card!

While for me, her Hierophant is one of my favorite Hierophants ever... ;)

Nevada

Most excellent. Thanks, sravana, for posting this, and Congratulations to Marie!!!

Cerulean

Congradulations and hope to see...

...purchasing options in your own good time!

My majors and aces set has been lonely for it's companion cards for a decade or more--it feels like that, although it's not probably not been that long. We can all wait a bit longer until it seems right to you.

It seems like this tarot deck grew from one of those alternative worlds which had to grow and evolve card by card, tarot character by character. The deck is so much it's own world, I hope if it seems right to you, a set of just pictures on cards with perhaps a small outline of concepts (perhaps on a website)--well, right now, I'd love that sooner!

I know for myself, Ciro Marchetti's Legacy, where one catches a fleeting glimpse in each card of a lifetime of envisioning--in CM Legacy for me, the Legacy book with that deck was invaluable to be able to figure the versatility...and while I did appreciate the heart's devotion and completeness of words and pictures also in Lisa Hunt's Fairy Tale set--I'm not certain I need that level of word completeness for the Mary El!

And while your words will be treasured, you know eager card dreamers don't mind to have the visions first and words later...although I'll be glad to have it in stages, or all at once, however you like it!

Best wishes,

MaryElTarotFan

Lol, To The Hierophant Card Comment....i Luv That Card Personally As Well, Even If It Looks A Little Creepy.

I Like The Combination Of Stunningly Beautiful, Breathtaking Artwork On Some Cards With The Challenging, Unusual, Don't Quite Get It Artwork On Others.

It Is A Deck I Definitely Would Like To Get To Know

missy

Mary El Tarot and Sophie's Tarot

I love the deck! It is stunning. Your daughter Sophie's tarot is equally captivating. I so love that you allowed her to do her own tarot! It really is pretty and quite imaginative.

What a lovely card, that 9 of Swords. :)