How will she know when she's met the one

hulpster

Hi there

Doing a future love reading for a friend. She was interested to read on her future husband/significant other.

A few interesting cards from the draw that i'd like your thoughts on are:

1. How will she know when she's met him? 3/SWORDS

The card is meant to give her a
sign of when she has met him. My instant read was she will feel it in her mind (sword) and heart. I got a feeling of unified thought and feelings when she meet this person.

Or could it refer to a heart to heart with someone that might lead to a romantic relationship developing?

2. What will she be doing when they meet? 9/PENTACLES

She'll be doing her own thing. He will probably approach her?

3. How does the situation currently stand between them? ACE/PENTACLES

A situation that is starting to take shape in the real world. Someone she probably knows and interacts with already but still in its early stages of interaction?

Thanks for your help!

nisaba

Doing a future love reading for a friend. She was interested to read on her future husband/significant other.

I personally find that reading with an assumption built-in to the question (your assumption was that at some stage she WOULD meet "the one") is fraught: what if she never does? What if she goes from one so-so relationship to another, or settles for someone bearable but not perfect for her? What if she is so individual that no one is ever going to be perfect for her?

A few interesting cards from the draw that i'd like your thoughts on are:

The card is meant to give her a
sign of when she has met him. My instant read was she will feel it in her mind (sword) and heart. I got a feeling of unified thought and feelings when she meet this person.

Or could it be, that a part of her quest this lifetime is to learn bout pain and abuse, or perhaps with her current psychological setup she will keep attractive people who eventually bring her pain?

She'll be doing her own thing.

Fair enough. She may be single at the time. Or she may be single-for-life - I never see this card as a short-term thing.

I'd personally give the reading some time to settle, then ask a different question:

What does she need to learn or change about herself in order to attract the best partner for herself into her life?

This would give her information that's not based on an assumption, and which might be useful for actually changing her circumstances so that she becomes ready for the right partnership.

hulpster

Hi Nisaba thanks for your take. The assumption was made because she has seen a couple of mediums over the years who had described a man fairly consistently.... But based on your opinion of no predetermined outcomes, I can see how these cards show that there is no one! She could very well be on her own for the rest of her life!!

hulpster

btw - the idea of attracting a person who is 'bad' for you is an interesting perspective. It reminds me of some friends who seem to attract dominating men and who choose to stay with these men.

headincloud

The card is meant to give her a sign of when she has met him? what are you thinking, what kind of sign? A physical description, a feeling, something he'll do to her, the timing etc etc..the card doesn't indicate a sign because the question is flawed. I think you need to give the tarot a little bit more to work with to get a coherent answer.

Single and self sufficient?

situation currently between them? ACE/PENTACLES

Again this card cannot answer your question because this is physical manifestation and growth in the here and now and there is no relationship in the here and now so the question is flawed, you already know there's no relationship presently though.

nisaba

Hey, look, they were just suggestions to think about. :)

hulpster

The card is meant to give her a sign of when she has met him? what are you thinking, what kind of sign? A physical description, a feeling, something he'll do to her, the timing etc etc..the card doesn't indicate a sign because the question is flawed. I think you need to give the tarot a little bit more to work with to get a coherent answer.

Single and self sufficient?

situation currently between them? ACE/PENTACLES

Again this card cannot answer your question because this is physical manifestation and growth in the here and now and there is no relationship in the here and now so the question is flawed, you already know there's no relationship presently though.

Hi headincloud, thanks for your take! The first question was more about she would feel/think, an internal signalling of when she has met him. Which is why I felt head/heart connection. Alternatively it could be feeling pain or releasing pain in some way.

The Ace/Pentacles as situation refer to how things currently stand between them. In my way of reading it may indicate whether they have a relationship at present or how things might develop.

An example of how the Ace transpired for me in a future love reading for this question was that I met the person a month later and we went on a date.

Hope this helps you!

Grizabella

Hi Nisaba thanks for your take. The assumption was made because she has seen a couple of mediums over the years who had described a man fairly consistently.... But based on your opinion of no predetermined outcomes, I can see how these cards show that there is no one! She could very well be on her own for the rest of her life!!

If she should happen to be single for the rest of her life, the 9 of Pentacles is a very good card to indicate that. The 9 of Pentacles woman is secure and busy with other interests rather than romance (falconry and her garden to mention just a couple). It's possible that she'll meet someone, have great stress and pain over that relationship, then come out of it so deeply hurt that she then spends time developing other interests and not being willing to take that chance with someone else again romantically. Being happily preoccupied with her own interests is really a very nice place to be so if she does spend her life alone, shewon't mind at all and would choose to remain that way. :)

The Ace of Pentacles was drawn as the answer to a question that assumes something has happened between them when it seems from the other two questions that they haven't met yet. The question "how does the situation currently stand between them?" implies that she already knows this person, when the other two questions imply that she doesn't know him. However, if you choose to rely on the cards for that question anyway, then I'd say there's an everyday, working, mundane contact they're having without there being any romantic notions about each other at this point.