Queen of Pentacles as feelings

caridwen

I'm sure this has been asked before but...

out of morbid curiosity and boredom, I asked my deck about various ex boyfriends and their feelings for me at the time of the relationship. I got the Queen of Pentacles every single time as their feelings for me! I expected Cups and I even got the Queen of Pentacles as someone's feelings for me now!

What does the Queen of Pentacles mean here do you think?

edited to say: I was using the Fey deck.

Major Tom

Perhaps their feelings were as comfortable as an old pair of boots. ;)

GoddessArtemis

I get this a lot, too. I think this means the person feel comfortable with you, feels secure, comforted, nurtured, and taken care of. They're not worried about a thing when it comes to you, thinking you'll take care of everything. I get a sense of the person feeling laid back and at ease in relation to you, which isn't a bad thing...but there's also the sense of maternal here--as if the person depends on you to be the "mother" figure...caretaker.

GA

Sophie

All of the above, plus...

...they love your body :D

caridwen

Thanks for the replies but it's their feelings for me, not how I felt about them or took care of them. It's not how I made them feel but how they felt towards and about me.

I took it to mean they nurtured me etc not the other way round.

Thirteen

caridwen said:
Thanks for the replies but it's their feelings for me, not how I felt about them or took care of them. It's not how I made them feel but how they felt towards and about me.

I took it to mean they nurtured me etc not the other way round.
I *could* mean that they felt they had to take care of you in a monetary way. Let me be absolutely clear: This doesn't mean you demanded they take care of you. It just means that they may have felt that you wanted a solid home, a man who could provide for you, wine you, dine you, etc.

Of course, they likely also felt that you were nuturing, that you had great taste, and that they could let you take care of business (balancing the checking account, decorating the home, making great meals, etc.).

They may have felt inadequate in providing you with what you needed, or pressured to provide things that they weren't able to provide. AGAIN that was how they felt, not how it might have really been. And, er, in regards to the body thing--they may have felt inadequate in satisfying your needs there as well, though they likely felt you more than satisfied them.

caridwen

Thanks Thirteen:)

I have been giving this some thought and also wondered if it meant they trusted me, as I see Pentacles as grounded and trustworthy.

caridwen

Thirteen said:
And, er, in regards to the body thing--they may have felt inadequate in satisfying your needs there as well, though they likely felt you more than satisfied them.

Why would it be the negative aspect of the Queen here, as in, that I was somehow disatsified. I always imagined the Queen to be very sensual and sexy.

Thirteen

caridwen said:
Why would it be the negative aspect of the Queen here, as in, that I was somehow disatsified. I always imagined the Queen to be very sensual and sexy.
That's exactly it. She's sensual and sexy. And I didn't mean to imply that YOU were dissatisfied. I meant that your ex's might have *felt* that they couldn't satisfy you.

Look, I've found that people often fall into four camps when it comes to seeking a:

1) There are those who want a partner who takes control; who makes the decisions, does the work, is smarter, etc. than they are, and they can sit back and enjoy the ride while the partner drives. They want to be a "cheerleader" and the want a "hero" to cheer on, support and love.

2) There are those who want a "sometime" partner. An equal but different person who lives their own life, while they live theirs, and now and then, the two get together. Weird as this might sound, some people like this idea of the wife having her life, the husband having his, and now and then they meet for dinner. Some of these people even live in separate houses or don't see each other for a month at a time.

3) There are guys who want an equal partner. Someone who's on par with them intellectually, and in ambition and holds much of the same interests. They want to team up with this person, like a superhero team. Work together, shoulder to shoulder. Some are so equal and so close they seem to be joined at the hip. Others are more yin/yang; one's weakness is the others strength and vice versa.

4) There are those who want, essentially, the opposite of #1. They want a partner who isn't as smart as they are, or as strong or able to earn as much money, or whatever. And they get to feel ike the breadwinner and they get to explain things, and they get to drive and the other person praises them for their driving. They get to be the hero, and their partner is their biggest fan and cheerleader.

When you meet guys who fit into category #4, they're going to have a problem with a woman who is sexual and sensual. THEY want to be the one who is sexual and sensual--and they want the girl to be shy and awkward, so they can show her the way. They don't need to be her first, but they want to be the one to make her blossom into a woman.

So, yeah. The Queen/Pents IS sexual and sensual. THAT is what's going to make some guys unhappy with her. Because they want someone they can teach and mold, not someone who might call the shots, and who might know enough to judge their performance.

If you picked guys who wanted you to admire THEIR sexuality and learn from it, then YOUR sexuality would have threatened them.

zach bender

for what it is worth

queen pentacles has been turning up recently in my own readings for myself as my ex-wife, who is a grasping materialist. reversed.

zb