Specific vs. general questions in readings

mythos

While a general topic can help, I like to do a CC first as a general reading, to get in touch with the overall themes or energies (whatever you want to call it) in a person's life. I then prefer to go into smaller readings with more specific questions. As I don't like Yes/No type questions (closed ended), because they narrow information too much (imho), I prefer the specific questions to begin with What, where, who, how, could etc ... open-ended. What does X need to be aware of with regard to her current career situation? - gives heaps more information than should I go for this job, or leave that one.

I'm not saying that there is no place for yes/no type answers e.g. Will he marry me?, but for me, it just doesn't really give any information on what you can do to create the best relationship possible, and thus find out what is actually going on in the relationship, what it needs, and whether it's (the relationship's) needs can be met.

Just me probably!
mythos:)

tarobones

not just you

It's not just you, Mythos. Most books on tarot recommend the type of questions you are talking about because they do offer more information. Narrowing the question too much, too specifically, does not do Tarot justice, and certainly does not provide an opportunity for a more helpful reading. The open ended readings also help the person open up to possibilties he/she had not even considered when originally framing the question. BB, Michael