The Lovers ~ Halloween Tarot

hopena

A woman dressed in a lovely, old-style nightgown, sits in bed with a candle lit, clutching a letter to her chest - a letter that included a photograph of a young man. On the second page of the letter, you can see a heart with an arrow drawn through it. Her attention, though, is drawn to the vampire coming through her open window.

Funny, I've never noticed the dog there before; does he symbolize loyalty, or am I reading too much into it? The cat is on her padded headboard, looking warily at the vampire... her quilt has four different patterns on it: a sun? a heart, a spade, and the symbol for Gemini. Bats are a part of the design/pattern on the curtain surrounding her bed, signifying an air influence, as well. A part of me wonders if she could use the letter-opener to stake the vampire.

annik

This one makes me more think of a love triangle and the story of Dracula. She have her lover that is far away and he is sending her love letters. On the other hand, the new neighbor-vampire had seduced her and comes for a visit.

Myriantha

hopena said:
her quilt has four different patterns on it: a sun? a heart, a spade, and the symbol for Gemini.
I think it might be a wedding ring, rather than a sun. Either would be appropriate, though -- a wedding ring to symbolize faithfulness to the dude whose letter she's clutching to her breast, or the sun symbolizing that she is a creature of daylight (as opposed to Mr. Sunlight-Burns-My-Flesh creeping in through the window).

There is a string of beads on the table next to her -- is it just a necklace, or could it be a rosary? If it's the latter, then she has a weapon at hand (the crucifix), in addition to the letter opener/possible stake.

canid

This Lovers card has some teeth to it but I'm still trying to figure it out. Confuses the heck out of me, it's hard to reconcile what I 'know' about it & the images until I delved deeper. I did that because I think the designer of this deck spent a lot of time & research on it. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the images & how they relate to what this card traditionally means. Sure, I get the temptation part & the serpent & perhaps, the vamp. But I keep seeing startlement, not necessarily life altering choices, unions & everything else this card typically encompasses, maybe she's even comparing reality to her dreams? But I'm not getting the cat & dog; the latter seems expectant as to her reaction & the cat seems to be a protector. And what's up with the pumpkin leering in the windowpane? A peeper? Does someone else have some insight on this card?