Steampunk Tarot (Charissa Drengsen) - Hierophant 5

GryffinSong

I don't have the deck in my hands yet, but am eagerly examining the majors on the artist's etsy site.

I love this hierophant, because I can relate to it. The whole concept of popes and such just turned me off, and made me stiffen up in resistance.

This hierophant looks like a wise old uncle to me. And how delightful that he's Einstein! I love the drawings behind him, particularly the brains. They remind me of being too much in my head. Thinking too much. And, alternately, that thinking is an important part of my process. He balances out my intuition. Left brain to right brain. He looks like he holds a secret. Like he's trying to decide whether to share it with me. And his pipe reminds me of my dad, who was a math and science teacher, and very much in his head. A gentle man of great intelligence and wisdom, this card makes an association that I hadn't had before. I loved my dad (he passed on a few years ago), but he will live on in this card for me, making the hierophant finally approachable so that I might delve into what he means instead of walking away with a shrug and a shudder.