spiral tarot study group - what do you like?

Lewen

1. What made you buy the deck?
2. Any favorite cards?
3. Any cards that make you giggle?

1. I actually got the deck for free after paying too much in shipping and handling on e-bay. I'm glad I did though because the artwork captivated me.

2. I love The Strength card as well as The Queen of Wands. I love the coloration in the Queen's robes.

3. One card I think makes me giggle as in "cute" would be the Princess of Wands. I love that little dragon or "playmate" that is sitting next to her. She reminds me of my daughter and her imaginary friend named "tree".

If anyone is up to studying the Spiral Tarot, I'm very much interested in learning more about this lovely deck that made it's way to my house. Is there a book, apart from the LWB, that comes with this deck or is available?

TheLovers2

Lewen said:
If anyone is up to studying the Spiral Tarot, I'm very much interested in learning more about this lovely deck that made it's way to my house. Is there a book, apart from the LWB, that comes with this deck or is available?
Lewen, hello: :)

There is a book that can be purchased separately for this deck. I saw it just the other day offered on Amazon, but, you can probably get it elsewhere.

Also, this Thread is part of a study group for the Spiral Tarot, so look under Study Groups to see what cards have already been posted and feel free to add to any that you see or just peruse (as I did). I garnered so much just from reading about what others see in the cards and there are some informative posts re: symbols used in the deck; this being one of the reasons I have considered getting the book. I think the study group has probably been inactive for a bit, but, we can always add to any card and post as we like. Perhaps, it will get going again.

This deck is lovely and I admit I was unsure and even somewhat turned off to a few of the cards, but, I opened up more when I read some other takes on them and besides, I could not let the few cards that caused me concern hinder me from enjoying this deck which has so much to offer. As with life, we take the bitter with the sweet, right? :D

TL2 :TLOVE

pinkmunkey

1) This deck quite honestly fell into my lap! I was bored one night on the computer and decided to check out what the whole eBay phenomenon was all about. Naturally, I searched up anything and everything tarot, and was presented with an offer to buy this deck for $8.00! Needless to say I signed up right then and there and bought it. I was nervous about receiving the deck because I only started really researching it after I'd purchased it, but I now know it was meant to be. I meshed instantly with this deck, and it hasn't been far out of my reach ever since.

2) I literally have too many favourites in this deck to name them all, so I'll just take one from every Suit and a Major Arcana.
Major Arcana: The Wheel of Fortune. Just looking at this picture makes me realize just how unpredictable life is...basically, this card serves up some very good food for thought for me.
Wands: Eight of Wands. I'm very taken with this card. Not only do I intuitively grasp its meaning immediately when it shows up in a reading (I'm something of a beginner so that's exciting for me) but the artwork is just so free and airy. It makes me happy.
Cups: I love this card for its bright colours- they really help to convey the message this card is trying to put across.
Swords: Four of Swords. This card is so emotional and so beautifully drawn that I couldn't help but add it to my favourites.
Pentacles: Princess of Pentacles. Again with the colours, and this time the background paired with the actual message of the card...I just love it.

3) Giggle cards! I think that the devil has an uncanny resemblance to Jake Gylenhaal. I'm not implying anything about the actual actor, but I see it every time I look at this card, and at times find it difficult to take the card seriously.

tarobones

Temeprance

Temperance is one of my favorite cards in any deck. This one is particularly beautiful, ti seems to me. The magical mixing of fluids betwen the cups, the flowing energy of the card, the colors, all contribute to me to the experience of the card. I meditate on this card often, and from this deck more often than others. It's simply beautiful. BB, Michael

wizzle

I started this thread about a year ago and it's really neat to see new folks interested in this great deck. I love all the comments.

The "official" list of threads for this deck is at

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44178

for those who haven't discovered it yet.

And the study group for the Spiral deck is certainly informal. It has come and gone. For a long time only me and Tarobones were posting on the cards. But that doesn't mean the group is "dead." Let's just call it flaccid. You can give it some zip just by posting your comments to any of the cards or by starting a new thread for cards that haven't been covered. There is no pecking order about who can do what in this particular group. Just remember to send the mods a PM if you start a new thread. The rest of us will pant along, eventually.

tarobones

good to see you

good to see you again wizzle.....i've been away too long......I will try to get back on track........happy spiraling everybody.....................Michael

gorgeousbutterfly

I'm new

2. Any favorite cards?

1) i was caught by the beauty and the card of the cards. i also felt intuively this was the deck to get and it only took one second to get it. i was looking at the store decks and just without any thought knew to get this deck. i eventually sold it because it hought some cards were scary and at that time didnt' understand tarot as i do now. now i bought it again and am enjoying it more then ever. this was my first deck.

2) ace of pentacles- love how mother earth is reaching up to the sky. it looks so divine. i also feel more earthed by looking at it. is a good visualization card. i can jsut i magine i am her and feel a bit more earthed . such a deep card for a pentacles card also. also favorite ace of pentacles from any deck i've seen

high priestess- very very deep card. also favorite high priestess from all decks i've seen. you can really feel her and sense who she is,what she is thinking in the card. beautiful symbology. very alive card.

the sun- shows a women being competely affected by the sun, she is looking at it and things are spirling around her. shows alot of inspiration coming from the divine father.

six of swords- like the symbology. the angel is showing the man who is troubled to a better place.

3)any cards showing troll like hair!! also the devil, the 10 of swords

daphne

wizzle said:
Here are some light-hearted questions about this deck to start off our group.

2. Any favorite cards?

4 years apart from the last message in this thread, I arrive with my new, freshly bought Spiral deck.
I am amazed that so few people really notice/like this deck. Or maybe I should not, I, myself, discarded from my wish list several times just because the minors seemed to me so neglected done compared with the majors.

Anyway, the story continues and one day I saw online the HP of this deck and I was completely lost into the card so I decided to have this deck.

At this moment I just looked at the cards for several times, I try to familiarize with them and of course, my favorite at this moment is the HP.

And no giggling with this deck, it looks to me quite serious.

autumn star

daphne said:
4 years apart from the last message in this thread, I arrive with my new, freshly bought Spiral deck.
I am amazed that so few people really notice/like this deck. Or maybe I should not, I, myself, discarded from my wish list several times just because the minors seemed to me so neglected done compared with the majors.

Anyway, the story continues and one day I saw online the HP of this deck and I was completely lost into the card so I decided to have this deck.

At this moment I just looked at the cards for several times, I try to familiarize with them and of course, my favorite at this moment is the HP.

And no giggling with this deck, it looks to me quite serious.

I love the minors of this deck, I get alot out of them, there is so much detail in every single card. They don't have the same symbolism (like astrological, kabbalah etc) but I think that would be too overwhelming if it was on every card.

I agree this deck is quite a serious one :)

I see that there have been a few post about this deck recently so if anyone wants to revive the study group I would be interested in joining in :)

Le Fanu

I don't do study groups but this is such a wonderful deck and one of my forgotten favourites. I really love the painterly quality, and the Majors are so bejewelled and rich. It is a deck I come back to again and again and really think I should be using more. Nice size too, fits nicely in the palm of your hand.