Egyptian tarot (Silvana Alasia) study group?

ms. creant

Anyone else have this deck and want to study it?

ms. creant

Alrighty, Moonbow opend the old group back up, I really hope some of you have this deck and would like to work through it with me.

I'll wait a few days and then start if I don't get any takers. This is how I am planning on studying, unless of course, someone has a better idea.

Start with the Majors and then onto Wands, Cups, Swords and Pentacles. Now, to really understand and interpret this particular deck you need to do some symbol and god/goddess research. I have quite a bit of knowledge and good link for this which I will happily share.

My journal has 3 "book" meanings for each card in the deck.....took me FORever!....I have my own interpretation, the LWB god/goddess reference and their explanation and the RW explanation. Since RW is ubiqitous I figured I had to use those as well. I have this all in Word documents which I would also happily send to anyone who would like them.

It is my first and only deck, bought it because I am sure I had a past life in that time period and am finding it to be spot on and friendly. Plus all of the new knowledge required to understand it is groovy.

Hope to hear from y'all..................

aaquwaa

Hi there,
I have been in on this study group before. I love this deck. Would love to follow with you and learn with you. I'm sure there will be others as this is a gorgeous deck with a lot in it. I hope you can keep it fired up. :)
aaquwaa

ms. creant

AWEsome! How does the progression for study sound to you? I also thought - since I have everything in Word - that we could share our "keywords" for the cards.

I see most of these groups "assign" cards to one of the members and the discussion starts there - does that sound right to you?

I really feel this deck is unique due to the imagery being so intrinsic and accurate. At first I assumed the artist just threw symbols in there.....then I got going and realized the bulk of them are correct and VERY meaningful.

Anyway, I hope by Monday we have some more people but I don't think we should wait much longer to get started....78 cards plus heiroglyphics will take a while!

aaquwaa

Sounds great. How bout we just take it a card at a time, that seems to work pretty good on these other groups. Sounds like you have done a lot of work already on this deck. :)
Looking forward to it.
aaquwaa

annik

Would be fun to try this one, especially with the pips like the Marseille... I think I am ready to try, at least with this deck.

AJ

Altho I don't have one yet I've spent a lot of time looking at the Egyptian-style decks. I'm not having any luck finding the Egyptian Tarot by Alasia, http://www.aeclectic.net/cgi/search.cgi?Terms=Egyptian++Alasia+&x=15&y=6
I'm coming up with Etruscan, Nefertari, Cleopatra, and Sphinx designed by this artist, are you referring to one of them? If not can you give a link to your cards? Thanks so much. Your journals sound priceless and I look forward to what you are willing to share here.

ms. creant

AuthenticJoy said:
Altho I don't have one yet I've spent a lot of time looking at the Egyptian-style decks. I'm not having any luck finding the Egyptian Tarot by Alasia, http://www.aeclectic.net/cgi/search.cgi?Terms=Egyptian++Alasia+&x=15&y=6
I'm coming up with Etruscan, Nefertari, Cleopatra, and Sphinx designed by this artist, are you referring to one of them? If not can you give a link to your cards? Thanks so much. Your journals sound priceless and I look forward to what you are willing to share here.

Nope - none of them. Here's the LWB link:

http://www.loscarabeo.com/catalogo2004/PDFpieghevoli/Egizi.pdf

Here's one to a review/purchase link for the deck:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/egypt.htm

ms. creant

annik said:
Would be fun to try this one, especially with the pips like the Marseille... I think I am ready to try, at least with this deck.

Sorry - confused, newbie, "pips like Marselle"? I thought that deck was really sparse in it's illustrations?

BlackMoon

The offer is still valid if I am there.
Present ^ _ ^