Caring For My Soul Spread

Glass Owl

After reading a thread in Spirituality, I was inspired to come with this spread.

Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl (9)

1+2+3
+++++
4+5+6
+++++
7+8+9

1+2+3 What brings out the best in me? (What nourishes my soul?)

4+5+6 What brings out the worst in me? (What can be damaging to my soul?)

7+8+9 What will help me be the "best me" I can be? (What tools or actions will help me take better care of my soul?)

EDIT: I've also come up with a 3 card version of this spread.

Caring For My Soul Spread by Glass Owl (3)

2-1-3

In my current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me?
2. What brings out the worst in me?
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be?

BLFO

Do I read each card individually, or is card 1+2+3 suppose to be read like a sentence?

Glass Owl

BLFO said:
Do I read each card individually, or is card 1+2+3 suppose to be read like a sentence?
You could do it either way.

When I did a test run of it, I read them first as individuals. But then I could also see how they could fit together... using the middle card as the foundation/core.

AJ

This was fun. I read with so many different decks, quite often my take has nothing to do with the 'norm'.
But this week I'm reading with a deluxe delicious original Rider-Waite and the cards just shouted at me :). In the norm, it was a nice change from my normal tangents. Sometimes coming back home is good for the soul.

Thank you for sharing.

Glass Owl

AJ said:
This was fun. I read with so many different decks, quite often my take has nothing to do with the 'norm'.
But this week I'm reading with a deluxe delicious original Rider-Waite and the cards just shouted at me :). In the norm, it was a nice change from my normal tangents. Sometimes coming back home is good for the soul.

Thank you for sharing.
I am so glad that this spread helped you connect with your Rider-Waite. I haven't used mine in a very long time, it may be time for me to dig that one out. This spread really does feel like one that should be used with a treasured, well loved deck, doesn't it?

And yes, when I laid out these cards they shouted at me too. Especially the second line of cards.

Spiritualized

I like this one alot, I'll be trying it out!

Glass Owl

Today I used this spread with only 3 cards for a particular situation and it was very helpful.

2-1-3

In my current situation:
1. What brings out the best in me?
2. What brings out the worst in me?
3. What will help me be the "best me" I can be?

Lunalyn

thanks Glass Owl
I like this spread.
lyn

melaniejade31

Great spread! I just used it and found it very helpful. Thank you!

eurydicesdreams

great!

Thanks again, Glass Owl! I just did this spread with a pretty specific question regarding my own personal development and the cards are shaping up to be incredibly helpful and concrete in their answers.