Card meanings different in this deck...

MysticB77

Hello I am new here and have been scrolling through and reading posts. I have a few questions though I am unsure as to whether anyone is using this section. I saw a post stating that Pentacles in this deck means Earth. My question is, where's might I find this I to to study? I realize all decks have different imagery and people interpret things differently but I would like to be able to study as much as I can on this deck. Thank you

Chrystella

Pentacles are typically associated with Earth in occult and tarot usage. This applies to the Tarot of the Old Path, which is a Pagan-flavoured deck. Just about any contemporary book on Wicca or the elements will explain the association as will many tarot books by writers such as Greer and Pollack. You could also review Golden Dawn materials.

In "Magick, Liber ABA, Book 4", Crowley says:

There is, therefore, nothing movable or immovable under the whole firmament of heaven which is not included in this pantacle, though it be but 'eight inches in diameter, and in thickness half an inch.' Fire is not matter at all; water is a combination of elements; air almost entirely a mixture of elements; earth contains all both in admixture and in combination. So must it be with this Pantacle, the symbol of earth.

I hope that helps.

MysticB77

Yes thank you

Yes this does help thank you. I have recently started studying to take a new approach to reading tarot. Originally I made the typical mistake of trying to memorize the cards. Now though I have decided to study the numerology and color aspects. I have always been good with both. So I am taking what I know are my stronger points and learning more how they relate to tarot and taking that approach. This deck was gifted to me by a friend. I am very eclectic so this deck being of mixed traditions is perfect for me. I found that reading the info in the booklet I could not easily see it in the imagery. Now that I am studying and taking the numerology and colors approach I can see the connections more clearly. Thank you for the response as I was unsure if this decks meaning were far off from others.

MysticB77

I noticed

Yes I did notice the coloring is not as bright and prominent on this deck as it is on others. Flowers was actually my next direction of study after reading more about this deck and the creators flower dedication. Thank you for the link, very helpful.