The Bodacious Bodach 59

jema

Great posts from everyone here.

Just an added little tidbit.
I picked my last "daily" card the 25:th and have been stuck on it - until just now.
Because I realized that my current faerie is actually the brighter side of the bodach!
Can anyone guess who I am talking about?

The Piper himself of course:)
They even look a bit similar.
The piper is just that God-aspect of the Bodach. Still connected to chaos.
I think of Dionyssos of course, and I also see some of Dionyssos in the Bodach.

I will post more on this later but I just got home from work and have to take a nap first.

edited cause part of the text was gone!
i shouldn't write when i am too tired...

Alissa

Loved what you shared Bean Feasa~! I hope you find more time to ramble that way about some more cards around here more often... ;)

Bean Feasa

Thanks Alissa - I'm hoping to 'get into' the Faeries Oracle a bit more, when I (if ever) come out on the other side of this busy period of work/home stuff that I seem to have stumbled into lately.
I think part of me is a teensy bit scared - in Irish folklore the fairies are generally not to be trifled with, and most contact with them involves placating or keeping them at bay in various ways.
Some of this may have come from the influence of Catholicism, which managed to colour any of the older faiths/beliefs with a tinge of malevolence.
But I am drawn to the artwork and I like what I've glanced at of Jessica Macbeth's texts, so you'll probably see me rambling around here more and more
:) BF

Alissa

Faeries as Thought Forms

Bean Feasa said:
I think part of me is a teensy bit scared - in Irish folklore the fairies are generally not to be trifled with, and most contact with them involves placating or keeping them at bay in various ways.
Well, the Irish had the good sense to not take these astral critters as necessarily benevolent.... That's something that Disney has done bred outta most of us nowadays. But in Africa, in middle Europe, in many regions, Faeries are known for their "evil" influences as well.

Tolkien described the King of Gondor, Boromir and Faramir's father, as being in a "fey mood" while he prepares the funeral pyre for his own (wounded but living) son. He was under a powerful and strange mind set, unable to be reasoned with. His body carried out the tasks his mind obsessively demanded they do.

If you are willing to step outside the box... and are willing, like some, to categorize what we call Faeries as being what metaphysics calls Thought Forms, you begin to see why this is so.

If a "Faery" is a coagulation of Mental Thought Forms, enough to typify a certain mood or feeling, then by communicating with this force, and opening yourself to its energies, we are transformed, on some level, by its influence. Whether the influence was for "good" or for "bad" is up to the human to decide, within the context of their life.

Taken to another level, a Coagulated Thought Form (for lack of any meaningful terminology to discuss this) can be seen as a two-dimensional creature that sometimes attempts to control the physical human being's vessel (their body/mind, like our poor King).

The best example of this bizarre concept I'm trying to relate is an addiction, or obsession. It can be likened to a Two Dimensional Thought Form that is trying to control the physical human vessel (using the energy from the human as "fuel" for a motive). Many describe this phenomena as the "voice inside their head that tells them to drink, or to use...." They may also call it the voice of the Evil Twin. Separating oneself from the influence of a destructive Thought Form is not easy, and takes willpower.

Many die.

So, to draw this analogy out... are "addictons" Faeries?

In my opinion, yes. Anyone remember the Green Fairy of Absynthe? Faery's just a name for metaphysical occurence where the realities between the worlds overlap, and other creatures communicate with us, and us with them.

What collection of Thought Forms we chose to interact with, and how often, is what makes all the difference.

Jewel

Alissa said:
Bodach likes to get in trouble. He's the kid you know growing up who says, "You know what would be fun....?" and then proceeds to concoct all manner of devilry and mischief.

Well Bodach is here with me today, and very much in the spirit that you described a couple of years ago Alissa ~chuckles~. I am feeling a bit mischevious, wondering if I could get away with ordering something(s) without getting cought *LOL*.

Mind you, my husband has never denied me anything I really want related to tarot or oracle decks/books, so there is no need to be secretive, but Bodach keeps wispering in my ear "go ahead, order some things, so what if you just got some things recently. If you tell him he will point out you got things in the last two weeks, so don't tell him. He doesn't pay the bills or check the mail, so how will he know?" ... and he looks like a "look-out" to make sure I don't get cought! *LOL* Obviously I am going to ignore him on that (even if it is tempting). The hubby and I have a rule of no deceipt, and I intend to respect it and not get greedy or upset the hubby.

Alissa

The Bodach Says....

*psssssst* Hey Jewel... you know what would be fun?

Ordering a bunch more decks... to heck with the consequences. Wouldn't that be so FUN? We could do it, you know. We've got everything we really need in order to get them in your own fishy hands... why not just do it?

[Jewel, my sister and I did hair wraps and my looks positively "mermaidy" as Sage put it! It reminds me of you, and it helps to connect me to my own watery teenage self who loved mermaids intensely. It's nice to connect to that energy within once again.... Water faeries...!]

Jewel

Alissa said:
*psssssst* Hey Jewel... you know what would be fun?
Ordering a bunch more decks... to heck with the consequences. Wouldn't that be so FUN? We could do it, you know. We've got everything we really need in order to get them in your own fishy hands... why not just do it?
Trust me he does not need your help *LOL* ... you have no idea how much time I have spent at Magical Realist looking at the Fantastic Managerie and at the Victorian Flower Oracle, and the Vampuss book, and the bags ... you just do not want to know. But that credit card is NOT coming out of my purse. I won't let it! *LOL* (mind you within the last two weeks I ordered the Fairytale Tarot, the Golden Victorian Romantic, the VR book and a bag of course, and a bag for my Baroque Bohemian Cats). See what I mean by no more damage this month? So please stick to my side not the Bodach's! *LOL*

Alissa said:
[Jewel, my sister and I did hair wraps and my looks positively "mermaidy" as Sage put it! It reminds me of you, and it helps to connect me to my own watery teenage self who loved mermaids intensely. It's nice to connect to that energy within once again.... Water faeries...!]
I sent you a PM about this :D

Sheri

Hi everyone! I just got the Faeries Oracle last week. I bonded with the deck (at least I thought I did) the way I typically do with my oracles/Tarot. Didn't think too much about it.

I decided to do a daily draw/card of the day to get to know all the Faeries. The first card I drew was 59 The Bodacious Bodach. Kind of looked at him, made a few notes - the usual. The following day, I drew another card wrote down some stuff. No big news.

I believe it was the third day, I hadn't done any draws. The night before, I had the deck out, on top of the book just to my left. I put the deck away (loose cards - no bag yet) and didn't think anything about it. Next day, spent all day on the computer except for about an hour that I spent taking and picking up one of the cars from the mechanic. I come into my office, it's around 3 pm and I start working again. Suddenly my eye is drawn to the book on my left...the Bodacious Bodach card is laying smack in the middle of the book. The top of the card was obscuring the very white and striking title of the book, so I KNOW that the card was not there earlier.

Wow. Then I decided to read about him. Great....he's attracted to clutter! :( And, the only way to keep him from doing "things" is to eliminate the opportunities. Crap! Now if I could only find a nice housecleaning faery...

valeria

.traveller.

I always chuckle when I see the Bodach, he reminds me of my college advisor. I refer to my advisor as the "Bodacious Dr. B" now. :)

Jewel

Valeria, welcome to the study group, as you can probably tell we do more sharing, reading, and helping eachother than classical "study" (although we do have threads about that too).

I think that you will find that this deck is quite interactive, in every sense of the word, and very different than any other deck you own. The more you connect with it the more things you will see start to happen. There will even be times you might question your own sanity, and we will be here to reassure you that you are not going crazy *LOL*.

The Bodach is an interesting intro them for you, like traveler, he also makes me laugh. I really hope you enjoy the deck and that we see you around the study group and to hear about your experiences.