Thoth Tarot and a Magical Career

Aeon418

Chapter IV The Formula of Alhim: also that of Alim actually uses the Emperor in the main text. But there is this footnote in the chapter:
The letter He is the formula of Nuith, which makes possible the process described in the previous notes. But it is not permissible here to explain fully the exact matter or manner of this adjustment. I have preferred the exoteric attributions, which are sufficiently informative for the beginner.
For many years, up to and including the time MTP was written, Crowley was very secretive about the Heh/Tzaddi issue. The only people he confided in were his own students or members of his orders.

The attribution of Adjustment and Lust is obvious when you consider the chapter titles.

kwaw

Aeon418 said:
The attribution of Adjustment and Lust is obvious when you consider the chapter titles.

Yep...
so to clarify, while he alludes to their being another esoteric attribution he used, as sufficient for the beginner, the 'exoteric' attributions IV Emperor and XVII Star in MTP.

Aeon418

kwaw said:
Yep...
so to clarify, while he alludes to their being another esoteric attribution he used, as sufficient for the beginner, the 'exoteric' attributions IV Emperor and XVII Star in MTP.
Yep...

But try reading chapter XVII and reconciling it with the Star. Of the License to Depart mainly concerns the exercise of authority and command.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
I agree up to a point. But I personally don't view the 3rd chapter as prophecy only.
Oh no ... not prophecy ONLY. I don't think Chapter 3 isn't telling us to go out and become fascists (as some have thought) but it is a prediction about the rise of fascism. That's why I put emphasis on prophecy for Book 3. But I believe Book 1 is telling us to go and do what Book 1 says.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Particularly when that chapter clearly states that there are at least 4 levels of interpretation.

With at least 2 clear sub-parts within the chapter.

ravenest

thorhammer said:
:) I've seen those posts, yes, and they're the ones that piqued my interest! The thing is, many times the discussion stops there without much in the way of extension or interpretations . . . and I come away with more questions thatn answers ;).
Post your questions then. I have often written something quite into it and got no response ... so of course I dont continue posting :)