Hallowquest Lesson 5: The Four Realms

Aerin

That's kind. Thanks :)

PathWalker

Questions:

1. Review the seasons of the year in relation to your life: which season is easiest, and which most difficult for you?
***I ike the fruitfulness of autumn; the warmth, the colours.
I find the lack of light and dampness of winter hard; it saps my joyfulness.

2. What kinds of weather are easiest/ most difficult?
***I love sunshine - clear skies, light. I don't enjoy strong heat, and seek shade in summer, but I love the sunlight.
Grey dreary days with low light levels eventually depress me.

3. What is your best time of day? When does your energy become lowest?
***Best time of day - afternno through to evening; the twilight, birds' evening song, stars emerging, walking in the dusk
I am nota natural early riser, loving to lay in bed until the sunis well up. I need a kick-start (coffee) to energise me then :)

4. Which is your natural element?
***Hard to say. Not air I don't think, nor fire. Earth or fire I guess. (My astrological sign would make me Earth, but I do also love sea shore, rivers, water flowing, so hard to be certain.

PathWalker

The meditation was interesting to do, and I certainly felt more affininty with some elements than others - but I suppose one of the reason for the whole work is to balance them within yourself better, so I'm not worrying about that, just aware of it.

PW
)O(

Flaxen

1. Review the seasons of the year in relation to your life: which season is easiest, and which most difficult for you?

I like all the seasons but for different things. I'm not really a hot weather person but I love that change to warmer weather after a cold winter - the sensation of stepping outside and being enveloped with heat. I love Autumn - if I had to choose a favourite, it would be this one. I love the mists, the harvest of apples, the nights beginning to draw in and the slight chill of the morning air. I find the dark mornings of winter a bit of a struggle - it unleashes a strong urge to hibernate. :)

2. What kinds of weather are easiest/ most difficult?

I find extremes of temperature difficult, when it's very hot or very cold. Heat saps my energy and cold leaves me unable to concentrate well. I find thunderstorms invigorating and the silence following a fresh snowfall meditative.

3. What is your best time of day? When does your energy become lowest?

My best time of day is usually mid-morning and early evening. I struggle to get up early in the morning (especially when it is still dark!) and lose concentration quickly late at night.

4. Which is your natural element?
This one is quite tricky but I think my natural element is water - it fits in terms of flexibility, deep emotional currents and psychic interests. I'm pushed and pulled by tides. :)

Cleansing the caers meditation

A very interesting meditation although I found it tricky to sustain it for a long time due to tiredness. I can see that it will work effectively with more practise. I enjoyed visualising the different elements in this way and was surprised at how relevant the different landscapes were.

Aerin

I now think water and air.

But then...