Hallowquest: Time for Reflection and Preparation

Aerin

This is just a thread for posting a summary of where we are, and how we are preparing and looking forward to starting the Quest on 21st June. It is an opportunity to review any further preparation needed, which is different from that foreseen when we started Lesson 1.

I recommend reading the lesson for w/b 21st June, since there is some prep. needed to do the Solstice ceremony (though I will be doing it 'in my head' I think).

Aerin

Aerin

Ok, I am pleased with some of the insights I have had as I completed the first five Lessons. I still have some questions as well, and have not yet posted my meditation experiences. That feels like the right place to be e.g. I may not fully discover my 'elements' affinity until I have done the Quest.

I have mostly managed to keep up the pace in doing the daiy spreads and filling my journal. What I do need to start doing is plan time specifically into my diary for Hallowquest work, that will help me to achieve more discipline and focus and also to make more time for me. At the moment, I tend to fit it around 'worthwhile' things like work and housework and course work, and can feel a bit guilty taking time to do it.

Aerin

Kaz

some good points brought up here aerin.
i did the meditations, all of them.
one was not useful for me, that is the one from lesson4, i can't do a guided visualisation on my own voice (i taped this one as it's so long). so i will try it again without tape, and just follow the main thread of it, see what happens then.
the caers i did as well, but i didn't think it very important to post them, but i you would like me to, i will, give time.
as i posted in talking tarot forum, i am the worst person to keep up with daily cards, i do them a week, then i forget, or i am in a hurry and forget to do it later, etc. or, i draw them, jot them down and forget to look at them later, so that's no use either.
so, like you, i need to schedule, or i should do it the night before, thats easier for me. the other things, like meditations and putting that in diary is no problem, late at night works great for me and i have time to do it then.
the thing on 21st june, i might even do it in real, just to do it and know how something like that is, i never do rituals, so, once must be first time to try.

kaz

kai

Hello,

Yes, I am still here, in case you were wondering. Looking back over the past few lessons I can see that I have enjoyed them and gained benefit from them which motivates me to proceed. However, as you've already guessed I've had major problems in managing to do the lessons on time etc. I really like your idea, aerin of timetabling when I'm going to do the lessons. I realise that as the 'quest' is starting it is important to do the work regularly to keep up. A lot of the problem is that I've just started a new job and am finding it difficult to adjust, hopefully this will sort itself out. I think that the benfits I've gained from doing the lessons so far have made me want to carry on, so hopefully this will irge me to make this a big priority.

As for the ritual. Like Kazz I haven't done one before. So I might personalize it a little bit and do a similar version. Making a nice meal, blessing it and eating it in the garden, at the end of the day seems nice idea. Thats if it doesn't rain. It make focus me a little bit on the work that we are doing. I quite like the idea of getting a little twig and sharpening the end of it, as a symbol. I could even carry it about - it will serve to remind me to do the mediations etc.

With Best Wishes

Kai

witchychris

I have really enjoyed working this beginning part of the course and reading everyone elses posts. Even though I have stated this before I have still had some new realisations this time round. I really got a lot out of the Mabons Gate spread in lesson 4. I also feel that the study so far has really started to help me relate to the cards.
I have done reasonably well at keeping up with the daily diary and card draws. I must admit that as I went through I found it very easy to let the lessons slide. I have just started a new part time job in addition to what Iwas already doing so time has been short recently and I found that I had to rush to complete this section ready to start on the sword hallow today. Things are likely to stay busy so I'm going to have to be quite disciplined to prevent this grinding to a halt.

PathWalker

I haven't done the meditation for lesson five yet, but will have time to do that, and prepare, before beginning the next phase at the next festival.

The thing I think I will find hard is doing each lesson in the time set :(
I have not been disciplined in that, and so must ask myself why that is, and what I can do about it?
I do think that the discipline and concentration could help me keep closer to my chosen spiritual walk in many ways.

Pathwalker
)O(

Aerin

Hard to believe it is that time of year again...

I'm revisiting a lot of this at the moment.

It is definitely worth doing things in the appropriate season IMO, even if you don't make it all the way through!

merissa_88

I'm starting for real this time

I had done the first 5 lessons with ok results and then went into the Stone cards because it was winter. This felt a little weird because the course starts in the spring. However, I did have an interesting "vision" experience with the Stone Knight while walking a labyrinth. So I feel good that some connections between the deck and the land are beginning to happen.

Now I'm glad to be starting the course in the spring.

aduki

Hi Merissa,

It’s nice to know that we’ll both be doing this course in the spring. Maybe we can motivate each other. I really liked the ritual; I'll post about it as soon as possible.

Greetings,

merissa_88

aduki,

I look forward to reading about your experience with the ritual. I'll post mine also.

Happy Spring!