Hallowquest: Lesson 18 The Spear Realm (21st June)

PathWalker

Lesson 18 - Meditation

"This is the summer country - the land of the spear.

I have let go of all the saddest and lost moments of my life; I cannot change them now, and it has no benefit to dwell on them. They are gone into the flame and smoke.

I keep the bright pictures; the face of the beautiful child, the arms of the mother that I was, the face of the lover I am glad to be. These I weave into a new tapestry, a bright threaded path of how I wish it could all have been - with the promise of future days to walk this new way. Glorious colours and gold and silver threads, something new.
It flies as a flag over the Spear Castle.

I don't know how to carry the spear, or what work it does, but I pledge myself to the task, and the beautiful summer country."

June 2012

Carla

What is the Summer Ceremony of the Spear Hallow? Can it be summarized here?

PathWalker

Hello Carla :)

The ceremony is part of lesson 18, part of the year-long Hallowquest course. During the year one studies the whole of the pack, via the seasonal associaitons with each of the Hallows. Spear is Summer, Grail is Autumn, Stone is Winter and Sword for Spring.
It's more a personal journey and spiritual commintment (in my opinion) than a deck study per se.

At the beginning of each season, there's a meditation through certain of the cards, and a type of ceremony, taking place within a ritual circle, in which you pledge yourself to following the next part of the Quest, accepting the challenges that the Hallow will bring, as well as the insight and the growth.

There's a study group (you know this obviously, as you're posting here!) and the course work can be found in either of these two books:

The Arthurian Tarot Course - a quest for all seasons, by Caitlin Matthews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Arthuri...1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339255246&sr=1-1-spell

or

Hallowquest - the Arthurian Tarot Course: A tarot journey through the Arthurian world, by Caitlin and John Matthews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hallowquest...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339254799&sr=1-2

Hope this proves helpful.
There are five weeks lessons at the start of course, which can be done at any time of the year, and then you start at whichever point of the year's cycle you are at.

I'm doing this VERY SLOWLY - but I'm still going :)

PW

aduki

ritual

I restarted this course by doing the Summer Ceremony for the Spear Hallow. It was a powerful ritual. Most imported insights were that I really want to ENJOY this summer (sunny or not) & that I want to manifest myself more clearly in this world (like expressing myself in art, maybe starting a blog... I still have to figure out how, but that's part of my Spear Quest).