3)Rosetta Papyrus
4)Tarot of the Spirit

Maybe?

5)Nicoletta Ceccoli
Or
5)Victorian Romantic

EmpyreanKnight

5 Decks for 2017

I think I would do well to use the limited free time I have this year by consolidating my knowledge of the Tarot. So if I am to limit my studies to only 5 decks this year:

1. Thoth - I've been using it for 1 and a half years now, and is the deck that I consistently work with. Maybe it's high time to ride the big kahuna - The Book of Thoth by Crowley. I already have a brand-spanking new copy on my shelf, might as well break it.

2. Smith-Waite Centennial Tarot - my in-depth study of this classic beauty was cut short by pressing work concerns. I plan to tackle it again by working on another behemoth - The Holistic Tarot by Wen - with all its attendant study guides, supplementary readings, and videos.

3. Golden Dawn Magickal Tarot - there's nothing like getting to the very source of the GD system. I would supplement this with the Liber Theta and Wang's Qabalistic Tarot, among other books on the Qabala and western astrology.

4. Barbara Walker Tarot - a very interesting deck that has intrigued me for some time. Armed with its companion book and the detailed comparative insights I found from a certain site, I am going to master this one.

5. Gothic Tarot by Vargo - there's lots more to explore in this gorgeous monster that's always been close to my heart.

Grizabella

Well hmmmm-----only 5?

1. Bonefire
2. Weik/Gonzalez Native American
3. My pocket sized German RWS
4. Halloween
5. Maybe the Morgan Greer?

But I'd have to squeeze in my Lenormand and Kippers, too.

baconwaffles

Oh, I have enjoyed reading people's responses to this question. I was actually thinking about this the other day, more along the lines of 5 decks to take with me forever if I had to really decide.
My response to this, to myself until now, was surprisingly quick.

The Spanish Tarot by Fournier, my favorite deck of all time.
Thoth, when I want to interact with power, as I feel the deck just emanates power.
The Centennial RWS, very enchanting and serious.
The Dodal TDM by Flornoy, Marseille decks are my favorite and this one couldn't be absent for it's quirckiness.
Soprafino by Il Meneghello, for when I am in the mood for elegance.

That's it, I have other decks I love very much but these are my favorite.

psyphy

My own deck (work in progress)
Magickal (Clark)
Hermetic
Navigators
and the Zigeuner Lenormand
... but then I'm using these decks (almost) exclusively anyway.

Ballerina

My five would be:

Zirkus Magi
Morgan Greer
Baroque Bohemian Cats
Druidcraft
Mibramig - just cause it's so darn cute

mitsuraki

Hmmm. I thought this would be harder than it ended up being, but apparently my subconscious knows what it wants haha. My list:

1. Legacy of the Divine- It was my second deck (the first being the Llewellyn), and it just resonates with me more than any of my other decks. Its readings aren't necessarily any better or worse than any of my others, but it has a special place in my heart that just cannot be dislodged.

2. Aquarian- I started using this deck with the Tarot for Your Self book, and I really like it so far. I haven't finished the book (not by a long shot!!!), but I would love to spend more time actually studying this deck. There's just something so...calming about it.

3. Tarot Nefertari- I got this deck the same day I got the Aquarian, and it is a brilliant deck (heh pun). I remember doing a deck interview with it, and it said it was a deck of birth and awakening. It also said that there was nothing I could do to better connect with it, as there was already a perfect connection (!!!). I want to use it more, but I just haven't felt like I have the time to really, truly study it (partially because I keep buying more decks >.>')

4. Deviant Moon- For a deck that seems to be "dark", there's just such a playfulness to it, and I love that mixture of creepy and playful. It also gives brutally honest readings when I do use it, and I'd love to spend more time using it and getting to know the deck better.

5. Tarot of St. Petersburg- I don't know why, but I really want to use this deck more. I picked it up when I was attempting to learn Russian (...kind of gave up on it because I got frustrated with the app I was using...) and it was calling to me. However, I just felt like I needed a lot more time to learn it (seems to be a recurring theme with the decks I'm bringing...) and get to know it better. It isn't an easy deck for me to read in the least, and the readings it gives are...well they aren't quite vague, but they aren't blatant. Maybe mysterious would be a better term? I think if I developed my intuition more I'd have an easier time with this deck.

There are so many other decks I thought about bringing, but they just didn't seem quite...right. Not chosen decks:

Hermetic tarot- I LOVE this deck. Like, I feel like this deck would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, I don't know the system it uses all that well, and because of that I've been putting off really delving into it. The imagery and symbolism are so vivid, though. If I weren't intimidated by it, I think I'd probably use it as my main deck. It just feels so...powerful when I pick it up.

The Wildwood- So this deck is...interesting. It seems like it would give great readings and has a strong earthy alignment for me (surprise, surprise), but I can't use it that often. When I got it, I just felt so tired all the time. No matter how much sleep I got, I was always exhausted and lethargic. Figured out it was this deck when I made a bag for it and the effects were lessened. Had to put it in a bag inside of a wooden box! I think with some cleansing and some energy realignment this deck could be a strong contender for a main deck, but I haven't taken the time just yet to do that (why do I feel like I never have time for stuff?!).

Mutational Alchemy Tarot- Oh this deck. This deck is just...It's such a fire deck. It radiates strength when I hold it, and, quite honestly, just feels lovely to hold. The imagery is striking and has so much symbolism in it I could drown. But I have two problems with it. The first is, of course, the system it uses. Much like the Hermetic, I don't know the system that well and it's intimidating. I'm still learning the RWS system, so I definitely haven't the time to learn the others. The second is the LWB. It's not so little at all! To go with that, it's all in a Gdoc, which is difficult to really access, especially because the table of contents doesn't seem to be completed? Plus, it has SO MANY different interpretations with it! It's a deck I love, dearly, but I think I'll need like...5 years of just studying it haha.

Llewellyn- This will be the last one that I mention because otherwise I'm going to end up listing out all almost 30 decks I have haha. Even though this was my first deck, and I feel like I should really connect to it, it's just...too fluffy for me to take along for a year. If I were the kind who did public readings, I'd probably be all over bringing this deck along because it's light and airy and has artwork that I think most can look at without being confused or weirded out (looking at you, Deviant Moon and Mutational Alchemy!) I mean, the readings I've received from it have been pretty accurate and concise, but there's always so much sugar coating with it. Like...if I were going to break my leg sometime soon, it would probably say something like "You're going to experience something painful, but everything will ultimately be okay." Or like...if I were going to lose a family member (knock on wood that's not happening anytime soon!), it might say something like "Someone you know is about to head on a long, solitary journey". SO MUCH SUGAR MY TEETH FALL OUT! Hahahaha. But anyways, I wouldn't be able to bring this deck for an entire year, much as I could use something a little more lighthearted.

So yes, that's my selection! :) I was glad to see that someone else mentioned Legacy as being their go-to deck!

Lain_82

1. Linestrider
2. Mary El
3. Cosmos tarot &a oracle
4. Prisma Visions
5. Slow Holler

Scarlet Woodland

Aaaagh! Okay... so the definite three would be:

1) Druidcraft
2)Tarot of Vampyres
3) Wild Unknown

but how on earth to decide on the other two. I think I'd need a really bright, colourful one in there to cheer me up on the bad days... that could be the Animism, Chrysalis or the Ellis... and could I live without the Halloween if I have the TOV with me?

What's missing for spot five then? Am surprised to find I could live without the Mary-El and PCS Centennial but do need something serious and either traditional or richly esoteric in there. I could finally get stuck in with the Thoth or the Haindl, or even go with the Chosson Marseilles. Hmmm. Okay, shall wince and choose:

4) Animism
5) Haindl

I think... :D (Rushes off to hug all the others)

Competely forgot I'd answered this a year ago and made a new list... interesting to see what has and hasn't changed.

1) Starlight Illuminated (I know the Druidcraft inside out and upside down; I can neglect it for a year)
2) Tarot Of Vampyres
3) Halloween Tarot (Turns out I can't live without this for a year :D)
4) Animism Tarot
5) Rosetta Tarot (My new Thoth crush)

My one codecil is... if I was abroad in a landscape without trees and greenery for a year I would HAVE to take the Druidcraft or Green Witch to help stave off the homesickness.

Also, I would take my Alice but I practically keep it in a safe :D It ain't going nowhere without an armed guard or my own license to carry (I'm with the Americans on that spelling, sorry Mrs Eames) and a water/fire proof case.

HearthCricket

What a fun question! Not sure I've answered this one, so popping in!

1.) Pagan Otherworlds Tarot~New, beautiful, lush in its own right, my favourite deck during Yule and the winter months and whenever I want something with an antique/historic flavour.

2.) Halloween Tarot~Can't even imagine the autumn season without this trusty little deck and I love how straightfoward it reads.

3.) The Sacred Rose Tarot~This was my second tarot deck and the one I started off doing professional readings with. It has been quite a while since I worked with it and needs to be revisited. This would be the opportune time to do so!

4.) The Mystical Tarot~Something new, unique, inquisitive. I would love to study this deck, with all its interesting Bosch-like hints and symbolism. I wish it had a companion book, but regardless, definitely worth looking into and getting to know better!

5.) Druidcraft~Pretty sure this would be my 5th choice. I am reading a lot about Druids and doing some work with trees right now, so this would be the perfect deck to pull out and connect with. That Lovers card has Beltane written all over it, to me at least, and the rest has a nice seasonal feel to it, so perfect for year-round use.