Lo Scarabeo Mystical Tarot (Giuliano Costa)

starlightexp

huh... I don't hate it.... that says a lot because usually I loathe this type of deck. Maybe it's the boarders...

teomat

I like the bold colours and some of cards are pretty, but it also has a tacky/cheesy vibe to me. Really don't like the woman on the box either (shudder).

FLizarraga

Hmm. Interesting. I really like most of the cards I can see, particularly the Fool. Even the borders. And I really, really like the face on the box --Empress? Queen of Wands?

On the other hand, I'm not crazy about that 2 of Cups. Not. At. All.

decan

I would say that I need to see more cards from this deck. Probably it will be possible a bit later when there will be a few reviews on Youtube.
On the link given by Pipistrelle (Alida Store) we can see the 3 of Swords, and I am not wild of this card.
The borders are indeed over-ornate.

Le Fanu

The borders are indeed over-ornate.
but I prefer those borders - ornate as they may be - to the old style multi lingual borders. I'd rather have florid gold than lots of words!

rylla

It seems like a beautiful deck! I'm not keen on borders, generally speaking, but these borders match this deck and I like it.

ETA it reminds me of Sola Busca (even the figures are of big size like they are in Sola Busca which gives the impression of a powerful deck in a reading - at least for me Sola Busca does)

Le Fanu

For a historic pastiche deck - which is essentially what this is - the deal breaker will be the faces. It's hard to get the faces right on a deck like this. Has this artist done any other LoS decks? The name doesn't seem familiar, although at first glance it looked a bit like some of the artwork in the Michelangelo Tarot.

But if the faces are smiley and contemporary, it might bother me...

But let's see. What I've seen so far, I like. Even the 3 of Swords!

Luna's Crone

the Alida link offers more images of the cards up close. not my style of deck, but the images and coloring are pretty awesome even via the net so would imagine in person it's going to be amazing.

death looked like he was enjoying himself. lol

Owl Song

I just ordered this from Book Depository. I love the vibrant colors. The images have lots of enticing little details to explore without being too busy.

Le Fanu, did your deck arrive? I'd love to hear about your impressions when you receive it.

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, did your deck arrive? I'd love to hear about your impressions when you receive it.
Not yet. I saw that it had come down almost 10 euros in price :bugeyed: since I ordered! I got notification that it was sent on Monday but since orders from there take ages it should be a while yet.

I saw a post on Instagram - somebody had received there's and posted pictures. The Devil is fabulous!